Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I do hope that its true! And that maybe the whole parure is bought back!! Or maybe its only the tiara bought to maybe go with the pink topaz demi parure? I like that they buy back some old familypices and add to the collection. Next time the king feels like shopping maybe he will go for the Leuchtenberg tiara pearls (I wish he would!!) or maybe the aquamarine creation that his sister wore to the wedding of the swedish CP.

Boris you said that its possible that the grand earrings from the pre wedding concert also was a "bought back" piece,is it known from who/where/family this was bought from and who was the first owner of the piece?

(Sorry for bad speeling, english is not my first language)

This is interesting indeed. I wonder if we'll get to see more pieces not seen in a long while in the near future (I hope so). How many star tiaras have there been in the SRF? Too bad they don't have this one anymore:

Trond Norén Isaksen: Royal jewels: Princess Ingeborg’s star tiara

It could be more beautiful, I know, but they could use some kind of star tiara too...

I wish I could find a colour photograph of the Queen Sofia Pink Tourmaline tiara... Am I right that it used to belong to Josephine of Leuchtenberg?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/sabbatical_album/ebay7912.jpg

Last edited:
maybe the aquamarine creation that his sister wore to the wedding of the swedish CP.

Boris you said that its possible that the grand earrings from the pre wedding concert also was a "bought back" piece,is it known from who/where/family this was bought from and who was the first owner of the piece?
Regarding the aquamarine tiara - there's the possibility I alluded to before that he already did so...;)

As for CP Victoria's long diamond earrings, they actually date back as far as the Vasa dynasty and were at one point converted from a gala uniform's épaulettes.
As for the exact saga of when they left the collection and from whom they were retrieved: I wish I knew.
Imo, Queen Silvia deserves to wear it first. Afterall she stuck to the during some difficult times lately. The pink tourmalines would make excellent Nobel jewels, wouldn't they?
Couldn't agree more.:cool:
It has to be remembered that the tiara was most likely bought back as an important piece for the Bernadotte collection, not for CP Victoria specifically.

Is your theory that it was bought directly from his sister or did the sister sell it to someone and the king bought it back from this someone?

I dont want to be rud or question your knowledge Boris but is it not odd that Silvia or her daughters has not worn this if they have access to it?

Ohh i´m so exited about these news!! I soooo hope it´s true that the king (?) has bought back Countess Estelles pink tourmaline parure (or atleast the tiara). I hope that we get to see this one on Crownprincess Victorias head on december 10 :flowers:, that would make me faint in front of the tv of excitement :lol:

Is your theory that it was bought directly from his sister or did the sister sell it to someone and the king bought it back from this someone?

I dont want to be rud or question your knowledge Boris but is it not odd that Silvia or her daughters has not worn this if they have access to it?
You have to keep in mind that as long as Princess Margaretha is still with us, there could be reasons not to call attention to the fact that she might have sold her mother's wedding gift.

Only time will tell I guess. Thank you Boris for all your answers!

Perhaps it was bought by Prince Carl Philip for his future bride Sofia.

this article says they are saphires and there is an image of queen sophia in it that looks like saphires
No, they are definitely pink tourmalines, as confirmed by Claes on the Royal Jewels MB who saw the photos of the parure made by Countess Estelle's heirs for incurance purposes.
According to historian Trond N. Isaksen's blog, not only the tiara but the whole set was sold (he doesn't name the buyer), including necklace, bracelets, brooch and earrings added by Countess Estelle at a later stage.
I certainly hope that the story is a) true, and if so, that the parure will b) go into the Bernadotte Foundation to be secured.

I wonder if maybe Prince Daniel bought this for his wife

Jahkoo said:
I wonder if maybe Prince Daniel bought this for his wife

I'ts more likely that Daniels father in law bought it for his wife, his eldest daughter and in the future for his eldest granddaughter. If it is the king who bought it, it will defenitely go straight in to the family foundation.

I have read at different places that the big emerald necklace has had different shapes under the years, belt, bracelet etc. Is there any pictures ot there of a earlier setting than the todays necklace?

Thank you Boris for the link

what jewllery has left the family and does not belong to any royal family today
i would love to see them go back to the swedish royal family

the pink tourmaline tiara sets seems to been bought back to the swedish royal family

Queen Josefinas pearlnecklace (privite owned)
The diamond/saphire flower broosch last seen on Queen Louise (owner unknown) a brosch unknown for me * thank you Boris

are there more jewllery

i think this this tiara/crown could also be called comb?
no info about it what i know
queen lovisa of sweden

Last edited:
Amazing Brooch Very Very Unique Design , Thank You For Sharing Josefine :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
queen sofia of sweden
here is a pendent i have not noticed before
http://media1.vgregion.se/vastarvet/VGM/Fotobilder/Bilder%204/36/1M16_B145033_4149.jpg

here is queen sofias hairpins guessing diamonds
i think its in the collections of livrustkammaren

a dimond spray brosch

from 1959 nobel
Nobel 1959 - Öppet arkiv | SVT Play
queen Louise
princess sibylla
Princess margareta
princess desiree

is this the pearl necklace we have seen on queen josefina
this is her mother
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...g/483px-Auguste-Amélie_deBavière_Stieler_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such lovely double strand of pearls with drops everywhere! Love it~

Thank you for the links, Josefine!
Great jewels at the 1961 State Opening of Parliament indeed, and most interesting as well is the link below to the 1974 ceremony, with Princess Christina wearing the Baden Fringe tiara with the amethyst tiara in its original form as necklace.

Hello, any and all. Here is the latest of my works (which to my eye seem repetitive in design/style...need to stretch out of my comfort zone, maybe). It is a mockup of the six women in the SRF who have worn been pictured wearing the amethyst demi-parure.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

thank you so much here we se the amethyst as a necklace worn bu christina on the last opening of parliment at the royal castle but when is her sisters photo taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom