I don't know if that question has already been answered on this forum, but could anyone possibly shed some light on the current wherabouts of the following pieces of jewelry that belonged to Queen Astrid ?
1) Stockholm tiara (gift from the citizens of Stockholm, last seen on princess Lilian)
2) Diamond and emerald tiara (from Albert I and Elisabeth, not seen on Astrid or since)
3) Emerald necklace/tiara (from Albert I and Elisabeth on the birth of Boudewijn, current owner unknown)
4) Diamond rivière (from Gustav V of Sweden, current owner unknown)
5) Diamond and emerald bracelet/choker (from Albert I and Elisabeth, now with the Grand Duke of Luxembourg ?)
6) Emerald earrings (from her parents, now with Grand Duke of Luxembourg ?)
7) Diamond and emerald cross (from her mother, current owner?)
2 and 3 are the same piece. Nr. 4 was worn by Grand Duchess Maria Teresa a few times for example at the State Visit to Belgium a few years ago. According to Luxarazzi Nr 7 was broken up by Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte to create her peacock emerald necklace/tiara.
The whereabouts of the two tiaras (1 and 2/3) is unknown, although some people claim that they are still in the RF, laying around unused. I don't find this theory convincing, but that is me. Basically we don't know what happened to them.
No 6 has been worn by GD Maria Theresa several times. The last time I remember was the Nobel Awards ceremony in 2011. So that piece would still be in Luxembourg.