The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a beautiful tiara and makes me think that once upon a time the Belgian RF did have a very impressive jewel chest!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Even Queen Elisabeth Ii owns one of Princess Louise 's nice jewel .

Old 08-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Elisabeth's Cartier Bandeau Tiara

This tiara is incredibly beautiful. It's so elegant, regal, and a exquisite design. One of my favorites.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Beautiful tiara with historic links to Elisabeth of Bavaria and another one now no longer in royal hands
Old 08-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Very stunning. Even more so when you see it live.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not like this tiara but is very sad that is not the royal family anymore.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Seeing as we don't know the fate of Queen Fabiola's tiaras,what is the current tiara count in the Belgian Royal Family?

Queen Mathilde : 2
Queen Paola : 1
Princess Astrid : 1
Princess Claire : 1
Old 08-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Claire has 2 tiaras:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Princess Claire's Tiaras
Old 08-29-2015, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope the Queen Fabiola to the left of jewelry and tiara to Mathilde. Only two tiaras; On the other hand it still does not have the difficulties which one to choose.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not sure about Claire: tiara no.1 has never been seen after the appearance of tiara no.2.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

For Princess Claire's wedding there was a Royal jewelry Auction and someone contacted the Royal Palace to buy it for Princess Claire.
Answer :Too expensive.
The King and the Queen bought in a Brussels jewelry shop the smalest tiara you can find taxfree (The Royals never pay our taxes).
Did Laurent sold the first for buying the second ???

We have to wait the future State Event.

King Baudouin was not a jewels buyer. Queen Fabiola was not found of jewels.

He could have bought the Cartier tiara. I think he did not know the Auction because it was said , sold by a member of the Royal Family. A journalist wrote that the seller was the Princess of Rethy and she was very angry.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

As the Relationship between Queen Paola and Queen Mathilde is bad, I am sure that her great deco tiara will go to Princess Astrid and later her granddaughters.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

The Dowager Margareta Habsbourg Este is still living.
The great Aosta jewels tiara and the necklace Princess Astrid is wearing are they a loan or did prince Lorenz already inherited them ?
She has 4 Children .
Old 08-29-2015, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The great Aosta jewels tiara and the necklace Princess Astrid is wearing are they a loan or did prince Lorenz already inherited them ?
She has 4 Children .
Her other smaller tiara has ben worn by her other daughter-in-law Katharine. So perhaps it is intended that Lorenz gets the big flower tiara and Martin the smaller tiara.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am not sure about Claire: tiara no.1 has never been seen after the appearance of tiara no.2.
Laurent is not known for his riches, and didn't they even decide to send their kids to public schools because the private school was too expensive? Of course we can't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the first tiara was sold.

I don't know how likely it is that Laurent & Claire will attend future State Banquets. It might be a very long wait till Claire has the next opportunity to wear a tiara.
Quote:
As the Relationship between Queen Paola and Queen Mathilde is bad, I am sure that her great deco tiara will go to Princess Astrid and later her granddaughters.
I am not so sure. Queen Paola might leave the tiara directly to the her granddaughter, the Duchess of Brabant. But then I am convinced that Astrid will keep her mother-in-law's tiara and does not need a 2nd tiara. In contrast Princess Elisabeth will need her own tiara in a few years.
Quote:
She has 4 Children .
Archduke Lorenz is the eldest son, and the one with the highest profile. That's why I am convinced that he and Astrid will keep the Aosta jewels. Either they have already been given the jewels as a gift, or they will inherit them. It is not know nwho the current owner is. The royals are always very private about the ownership of their jewels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Her other smaller tiara has ben worn by her other daughter-in-law Katharine. So perhaps it is intended that Lorenz gets the big flower tiara and Martin the smaller tiara.
I agree, to me that seems the most likely scenario. Especially when one considers that the eldest daughter is married to the rather rich Count of Arco-Zinneberg and already has the grand ruby tiara of her husband (she spectecularly wore it at the pre-wedding in Luxembourg.)

Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

No Laurent 's Children are at the expensive LycÚe Franšais.
They don't speak Dutch.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Brabant will wear her mother's jewels .
Old 08-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I am not so sure. Queen Paola might leave the tiara directly to the her granddaughter, the Duchess of Brabant. But then I am convinced that Astrid will keep her mother-in-law's tiara and does not need a 2nd tiara. In contrast Princess Elisabeth will need her own tiara in a few years.
Lets hope that the art deco bandeau stays in the main line. B┤tw. is ist actually clear who owns it. Albert or Paola. it is always said that it belong to Paola but it could also be that he is the rightfull owner. the best solution for the belgian jewels would ofcoruse be a Family foundation.
Paola also has some other nice jeqwels like a multistrand pearl necklace/choker and her 2 diamond neckleyce she always wear for Gala's. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Archduke Lorenz is the eldest son, and the one with the highest profile. That's why I am convinced that he and Astrid will keep the Aosta jewels. Either they have already been given the jewels as a gift, or they will inherit them. It is not know nwho the current owner is. The royals are always very private about the ownership of their jewels.

I agree, to me that seems the most likely scenario. Especially when one considers that the eldest daughter is married to the rather rich Count of Arco-Zinneberg and already has the grand ruby tiara of her husband (she spectecularly wore it at the pre-wedding in Luxembourg.)
Has Margherita's younger daughter Isabella, Countess Czanocki-Lucchese seen with a tiara since her Wedding? At her Wedding she wore her mother's snaller diamond tiara.
Btw. Lorenz's second brother Gerhard also married recently. But his wife is older and not noble so they will probably have no chidren.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think that the exact ownership of the art deco tiara is known. This tiara is the only tiara of Queen Elisabeth that still is in the family, and therefore also the oldest tiara owned by the RF. It would be a shame to see it go away from the main line.

Queen Fabiola's attempt to set up a foundation caused a public outburst, so maybe the family won't start another attempt just now? But if the is one RF that need a foundation, it's the Belgians.

I don't think that Isabella, Countess Czanocki-Lucchese, was ever seen with the tiara after her wedding. But we don't really know how many tiara events there still are behind the closed doors of private castles. Probably just very few.

AD Katharina happens to be the sister of the new Princess Sophie of Prussia, so she had the rare occasion to wear a tiara to that wedding. If it wasn't for that wedding, she too might never have been seen with that tiara again.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Tilia. The tiara of Paola you should stay in the royal family. For Elizabeth will be perfect.

Tags
belgian, jewellery, past, royal jewels