Autumn Phillips Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Lovely ring. I like how it says BLING on the second picture. About how much would that cost in dollars?

It is a very beautiful ring. Does anyone know if it is an heirloom? I was hoping that the Daily Mail article would give more info about the ring, but it does not.

It is a lovely ring--I'm partial to the three stone ring and I think this one is very nice indeed.
The wedding is coming up--I wonder if Anne will loan the bride a tiara? Would it be the Greek, Pine Flower, or Festoon? Here' s a link to the Princess Anne jewellery forum:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/anne-princess-royal-jewellery-13121.html
I like the festoon for a wedding.

Autumn is a very pretty girl. They make a nice couple. When is the wedding?

I think there are some baguettes on either side of the 3 stones.

I think Autumn should either wear the Festoon Tiara or the Scroll Tiara, they are nice and dainty and would look good with her blond hair. I can't wait for their wedding!

Maybe Anne will give her either the The Scroll Tiara or the Meander Tiara.

Any educated guesses as

(1) whether Princess Anne will be lending one of her tiaras to soon to be D-I-L Autumn, and

(2) if so, which one?

I'm thinking NOT the Pinecone.

Cheers!

I think it will likely be the Greek Meander tiara or the Diamond Scroll. And my guess is that it will be lent only for the occasion, and perhaps never see Autumn's head again...

The scroll tiara is more suitable for a bride--but the Meander has a stronger family history. But, I'd say a definate NO to the pinecone!

Why not the pinecone? It'd be "something borrowed" and "something blue". Autumn might actually make it work for once.

:previous: Oh you are bad!:D I agree it would cover the "borrowed" and "blue", even the something old, but suggesting Autumn wear that tiara for her wedding is close to Marengo's suggestion that Marie should wear Margrethe's golden poppy hairnet tiara thingy for her wedding to Joachim! Hey, let's give these girls a break! Pretty tiaras only for the weddings -- please!

Cat

I'd like to see that tiara from the whatever shipping company on Autumn's auburn tresses.

:flowers:

1. I for one do not believe that Autumn will be wearing a tiara at her wedding. Anne's children are not royal, and neither is Autumn. It really is not very common in England for brides to borrow tiara's from their prospective mothers-in-law to wear at the wedding. If her family has a tiara, she may use it. Comments?

1. I for one do not believe that Autumn will be wearing a tiara at her wedding. Anne's children are not royal, and neither is Autumn. It really is not very common in England for brides to borrow tiara's from their prospective mothers-in-law to wear at the wedding. If her family has a tiara, she may use it. Comments?

Peter reportedly declined an offer of a peerage from The Queen on his wedding day, so there really is no reason for Autumn to wear one of Anne's tiaras.

she may just wear a mock tiara but i dont think that she will borrow one of Anne's after all Peter is to give up his right to the throne when they marry. if zara marries she might use of of her mother's tiaras but that is a different matter

I don't think you have to be royal nor noble to wear a tiara. Anyone can do so. Even Madonna and Elton John wore them once upon a time. :)

Tiaras and weddings are linked by solid chain. In NZ Faux Tiaras are often used to anchor a bride's veil. If you have the real deal whyever would you not use it?

I think the sole reason will be that Peter is the Queens' oldest grandchild & the first to marry. Title or not he is still a member of the immediate royal family & his succession rights have nothing to do with that.

Princess Michael wore a tiara at her wedding which came from her mother-in-law & Serena Linley wore one of her mother-in-laws' tiara's. Why wouldn't Autumn be loaned one either from the Princess Royal or from Her Majesty? Both seem to be very fond of Autumn.

I hope that she will wear a borrowed tiara. It will make the wedding that much more special.
BTW, do you think there willbe major press coverage of the wedding?
I hope so. It'll be nice to see

I think the sole reason will be that Peter is the Queens' oldest grandchild & the first to marry. Title or not he is still a member of the immediate royal family & his succession rights have nothing to do with that.

Princess Michael wore a tiara at her wedding which came from her mother-in-law & Serena Linley wore one of her mother-in-laws' tiara's. Why wouldn't Autumn be loaned one either from the Princess Royal or from Her Majesty? Both seem to be very fond of Autumn.

Marie-Christine became a Princess of the UK on her wedding day and Serena became the wife of a future Earl. Autumn will remain a commoner, so there's a difference.

But Peter would probably inherit one or more of his mother's tiaras upon her death, so I don't see why Autumn couldn't wear one of them at her wedding.

Marie-Christine became a Princess of the UK on her wedding day and Serena became the wife of a future Earl. Autumn will remain a commoner, so there's a difference.

Yes but neither was marrying the eldest grandchild of the reigning monarch.

Commoner or royal, it doesn't make a difference. Autumn could wear a tiara if she wanted to. Any woman can. The question is whether or not she wants to. She may want some sparkles on her wedding day or she might want simple elegance. It has nothing to do with the title (or lack thereof) of her groom.

Tiaras do not equal royalty. Tiaras are an important part of the English wedding tradition, and are widely used. It is common for jewellery to be passed down or borrowed for the purpose of wearing it at a wedding. My grandmother wore a tiara, and she only came from a minor county family.

If Autumn does not wear a tiara it will be her own choice, not because of rank. My guess is that Princess Anne will offer her use of one from her collection. I doubt something new will be purchased. It will be interesting to see if the Queen offers to give Peter a peerage.

Yes but neither was marrying the eldest grandchild of the reigning monarch.

I agree!!! Peter at least has ROYAL blood in him too. And Laura Parker Bowles wore a tiara from her mother's side of the family when she got married, and they are not even titled or royal...

So if Autumn wants one...I am sure The Princess Royal or HM will be more than happy to share one.

Amazing how some think they are royals on here.. ;-)

Autumn should be able to wear one of The Princes Royal's tiaras she will be the wife of the Queens grandson and most likely the frist to give her a great-grandchild ....Titled or Not they are still one big happy family!!!!

I agree.. I would love to see her in the Greek Meander Tiara.. I think that is what it is called. It has a lot of family meaning to Princess Anne as it was her grandmother's, I think. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Who knows down the road how HM's personal jewels will be divided after she passes... Maybe each granddaughter (and granddaughter-in-law(s)) will receive some stunning pieces to wear....

Since y'all are talking tiara's, I was wondering, I know they cost a fortune, but are they still popular, new ones, I mean? In Britian? I know this is why stuff is handed down but has anybody had one made recently?

Since y'all are talking tiara's, I was wondering, I know they cost a fortune, but are they still popular, new ones, I mean? In Britian? I know this is why stuff is handed down but has anybody had one made recently?

The Gulf and Saudi monarchies are said to spend millions of dollars a year on jewels, along with the Sultan of Brunei. The Malaysian and Thai monarchies also have sizable collections of newer jewels, including tiaras.

Back
Top Bottom