The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I think the sole reason will be that Peter is the Queens' oldest grandchild & the first to marry. Title or not he is still a member of the immediate royal family & his succession rights have nothing to do with that.

Princess Michael wore a tiara at her wedding which came from her mother-in-law & Serena Linley wore one of her mother-in-laws' tiara's. Why wouldn't Autumn be loaned one either from the Princess Royal or from Her Majesty? Both seem to be very fond of Autumn.
Marie-Christine became a Princess of the UK on her wedding day and Serena became the wife of a future Earl. Autumn will remain a commoner, so there's a difference.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
  1. I for one do not believe that Autumn will be wearing a tiara at her wedding. Anne's children are not royal, and neither is Autumn. It really is not very common in England for brides to borrow tiara's from their prospective mothers-in-law to wear at the wedding. If her family has a tiara, she may use it. Comments?
But Peter would probably inherit one or more of his mother's tiaras upon her death, so I don't see why Autumn couldn't wear one of them at her wedding.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Marie-Christine became a Princess of the UK on her wedding day and Serena became the wife of a future Earl. Autumn will remain a commoner, so there's a difference.
Yes but neither was marrying the eldest grandchild of the reigning monarch.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Commoner or royal, it doesn't make a difference. Autumn could wear a tiara if she wanted to. Any woman can. The question is whether or not she wants to. She may want some sparkles on her wedding day or she might want simple elegance. It has nothing to do with the title (or lack thereof) of her groom.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Tiaras do not equal royalty. Tiaras are an important part of the English wedding tradition, and are widely used. It is common for jewellery to be passed down or borrowed for the purpose of wearing it at a wedding. My grandmother wore a tiara, and she only came from a minor county family.

If Autumn does not wear a tiara it will be her own choice, not because of rank. My guess is that Princess Anne will offer her use of one from her collection. I doubt something new will be purchased. It will be interesting to see if the Queen offers to give Peter a peerage.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Yes but neither was marrying the eldest grandchild of the reigning monarch.
I agree!!! Peter at least has ROYAL blood in him too. And Laura Parker Bowles wore a tiara from her mother's side of the family when she got married, and they are not even titled or royal...

So if Autumn wants one...I am sure The Princess Royal or HM will be more than happy to share one.

Amazing how some think they are royals on here.. ;-)
Old 05-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Autumn should be able to wear one of The Princes Royal's tiaras she will be the wife of the Queens grandson and most likely the frist to give her a great-grandchild ....Titled or Not they are still one big happy family!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

I agree.. I would love to see her in the Greek Meander Tiara.. I think that is what it is called. It has a lot of family meaning to Princess Anne as it was her grandmother's, I think. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Who knows down the road how HM's personal jewels will be divided after she passes... Maybe each granddaughter (and granddaughter-in-law(s)) will receive some stunning pieces to wear....
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Since y'all are talking tiara's, I was wondering, I know they cost a fortune, but are they still popular, new ones, I mean? In Britian? I know this is why stuff is handed down but has anybody had one made recently?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Since y'all are talking tiara's, I was wondering, I know they cost a fortune, but are they still popular, new ones, I mean? In Britian? I know this is why stuff is handed down but has anybody had one made recently?
The Gulf and Saudi monarchies are said to spend millions of dollars a year on jewels, along with the Sultan of Brunei. The Malaysian and Thai monarchies also have sizable collections of newer jewels, including tiaras.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I bet that's a FORTUNE!! I went on the Harry Winston website: Fine jewelry by Harry Winston: diamond ring, engagement rings, luxury watches, bridal jewelry…
and they don't even have prices which tells me they're SPENDY!!
Ditto Cartier:
CARTIER - The renowned French jeweller and watchmaker
And Faberge:
http://www.faberge.de/
Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

You didn't expect anything so common as pricetags did you? The high-end jewellers probably operate on the principle that if you need to know the cost, you can't afford it.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
You didn't expect anything so common as pricetags did you? The high-end jewellers probably operate on the principle that if you need to know the cost, you can't afford it.
This is the very reason why I LOVE going to Vegas. Mr. Russo and I popped into the Fabergé store in the Caesar's Palace because they had a display of the eggs and being the Russophile freak that I am, I knew some history behind them. Well, they got the enameling method back after the workshops were burned by the Bolsheviks and those little eggies are being churned out in record for for $$$$$! But the neat thing was, they didn't know we WEREN'T high rollers and it was fun to touch and talk about the eggs without them looking down on us common folk.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Autumn Phillips wearing the Princess Royal's Festoon Diamond Tiara
Belga pic

Old 05-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes. Many people thought that she would wear this tiara

Do you think that she will wear it more times?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Nobility

She really won't have a reason to wear it more, because they don't attend state banquets.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
She really won't have a reason to wear it more, because they don't attend state banquets.
Probably... but why not dream?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Unless she wears it vacuuming her floors, or dusting!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

wont she wear a tiara at the next coronation of either charles or william

Old 05-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Autumn Phillips wearing the Princess Royal's Festoon Diamond Tiara
Belga pic

Oh she looks just beautiful! Thanks Warren!

Tags
autumn kelly, autumn phillips, jewellery