The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

Unfortunately we seem to have lost the previous thread so I have attempted to reconstruct it with pictures of Princess Anne's major pieces.
o

Old 06-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Administrator

The Meander Tiara

The Meander, or Greek Key Tiara, was originally owned by Prince Philip's mother Princess Andrew of Greece.

The Meander Tiara

Princess Anne wearing the Meander Tiara and Royal Family Order
o

Old 06-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Administrator

The Festoon Diamond Tiara

This tiara was a gift from the World Wide Shipping Group in 1973.

The Festoon Tiara

Anne wearing the tiara and an elaborate diamond necklace with matching earrings
Old 06-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Administrator

The Cartier Aquamarine Pineflower Tiara

A gift from the Queen Mother and subsequently shortened at the sides.

Aquamarine Tiara

Aquamarine Tiara and diamond necklace
Old 06-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

The Scroll Tiara

More usually associated with Princess Margaret. Worn here by Princess Anne which shows it is owned by the Queen.

Scroll Tiara

Mystery Tiara 1

Only seen in a series of photographic 'fantasy' portraits.

Diamond (& Pearl?) Tiara
o
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator

The Mystery Tiara

To demonstrate that the Queen's vaults contain never-before-seen major pieces of very serious jewellery, Princess Anne wore this tiara to the Chinese State Dinner at Buckingham Palace in November 2005.

Princess Anne's Mystery Tiara

This is the best picture available. Despite much research and informed guesswork from the experts in the field of British royal jewels, the tiara has not been identified.
It remains a complete mystery to this day.

NB.. It may (or may not) be this Cartier tiara which belonged to the Queen Mother. It was seen in a display but never photographed while worn:
courtesy RJOTWMB

Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Well, Warren, please accept my full prostrations and thanks for digging up these marvelous goodies. Is the festoon tiara and the pearl and diamond tiara the same or is my eyesight just as shot as I think it is??? They went and ruined the aquamarine tiara when they shortened it. Why is it that such a lovely gem as aquamarine has been stuck in such hideous arrangements. The
BRF has in recent times come up with some real losers where jewels, particularly tiaras are concerned. QEIIs Birma ruby dud, her aquamarine flop, and finally the sapphire ruin. And now another aquamarine fiasco. Somebody needs to have a talk with Her Majesty about all of this. This just will not do. But then the scroll thingie is just perfect.

As for the mystery tiara why doesn't somebody call up Buckingham Palace and ask them??? What can they say, Kiss My Grits??? Surely Mr Munn or whomever has contacts within the hallowed halls of BP (and that's not a petroleum company either) who could quietly rummage around and let us have some crumbs to satisfy our insatiate cravings. After all look what they < ie the royals, parade around in on a regular basis. Why all the secrecy in the first place.

In any case it is a lovely jewel indeed. More goodies for the famished, Warren??? Cheers.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The Festoon Diamond Tiara

This tiara was a gift from the World Wide Shipping Group in 1973.

The Festoon Tiara

Anne wearing the tiara and an elaborate diamond necklace with matching earrings
That's the best tiara which she ever wore

Isn't Anne's necklace from the 2 photo a part of the Queen Alexandra's big diamond collier?
(which was a base of this from Moulin Rouge film http://www.museimazzucchelli.it/publ...SCARDUELLI.jpg).
Old 07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What were the jewelers at Cartier thinking with that aquamarine tiara? The pinecones just don't go with the big squarish stones.

I looked again, thinking that I didn't like the modern look of it, but I think it's the pinecones that mar the effect of it.

Thomas Parkman, do you agree?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Well, Warren, please accept my full prostrations and thanks for digging up these marvelous goodies. Is the festoon tiara and the pearl and diamond tiara the same or is my eyesight just as shot as I think it is??? They went and ruined the aquamarine tiara when they shortened it. Why is it that such a lovely gem as aquamarine has been stuck in such hideous arrangements. The
BRF has in recent times come up with some real losers where jewels, particularly tiaras are concerned. QEIIs Birma ruby dud, her aquamarine flop, and finally the sapphire ruin. And now another aquamarine fiasco. Somebody needs to have a talk with Her Majesty about all of this. This just will not do. But then the scroll thingie is just perfect.

As for the mystery tiara why doesn't somebody call up Buckingham Palace and ask them??? What can they say, Kiss My Grits??? Surely Mr Munn or whomever has contacts within the hallowed halls of BP (and that's not a petroleum company either) who could quietly rummage around and let us have some crumbs to satisfy our insatiate cravings. After all look what they < ie the royals, parade around in on a regular basis. Why all the secrecy in the first place.

In any case it is a lovely jewel indeed. More goodies for the famished, Warren??? Cheers.
I agree with Warren that the festoon tiara and the pearl and diamond tiara are two separate pieces... and I dare you, Thomas Parkman, to have a word with the Queen about the jewelry!! She'd probably be amused to know some of us care about this stuff.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

The necklace that Anne is wearing with the festoon tiara, according to Leslie Field, was given to Anne when she turned 18 and taken "from the vaults". I'd love to see those vaults!
And, Thomas, I cannot agree with you more-and I know that you and constantly bring this up (every chance we get, any thread that will listen) that QEII has really messed up some gems with that Burmese ruby thing (looks like fireworks), the Brazilian Flop that just looks wrong, and that Sapphire thing she had made to with the suite of sapphire jewellery her father gave her shortly before his death. I can't decide which I dislike the most--it changes each time I see a picture.
However, the scroll tiara is very beautiful, delicate, and appropriate. It suits Anne, but we haven't seen it in years, have we? I wonder who will next wear it?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
As for the mystery tiara why doesn't somebody call up Buckingham Palace and ask them??? What can they say, Kiss My Grits???
Enquiries were made of various sources at the time; no answers were forthcoming, although no doubt the polite refusals were made more in line with proper Southern manners rather than in the way you have expressed it.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Well, good people, what a fireworks have we started. First I do not know what to think about the aquamarine flop except to sell it off to Imelda Marcos, the tiara murderess, and let her ruin or destroy something that truly needs to be destroyed. Take the stones apart and start over.

Just how emotional a subject this is to me can be discerned by the fact that in my earlier posting-to my immense and immeasurable horror-I misspelled or should I say I mistyped Burma. Life is just one long humiliation.

I would love to talk to Queen Elizabeth and very politely ask her about the various goodies in the royal collections. As for southern manners, well southern manners came originally from England. South Carolina for example was founded by the 8 Lords Proprioters, who were the cabal of politicians and con artists who ran England after the restoration. Thery were out for a fast quid and turned to SC to turn a profit. As a result SC is still a Plantation society and manners are an absolute must. Hence my joke about Kiss my Grits. Were I to say that to somebody at the Palace or God Forbid, the Queen, (Prince Philip I might get away with it) I would be tarred, feathered and run out of Columbia on a rail and then taken up to Lake Murray and hanged, drawn and quartererd. But I must say again the track record of the BRF in recent years in the area of jewelry has been mediocre to very bad. Cheers.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

I would like to see her wear the Diamond Scroll tiara. That hasn't been trotted out in a while.

post #5

Thanks to Warren!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Since there is an upcoming wedding of a grandchild of the Queen, the question on my mind is this:
Will Autumn wear a tiara at her wedding to Peter Phillips?

What does everyone else think?
I think that the Princess Royal enhances these lovely jewels, beautifully. I also think that it's highly likely that she'll lend them to her new daughter-in-law to wear at her wedding.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful photos.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator

As it's likely that any tiara for the Peter Phillips/Autumn Kelly wedding will be courtesy of the Princess Royal, I'll merge the two threads rather than duplicate the same tiara pics.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Why not? You don't have to be royal to wear a tiara on your wedding day. Camilla was just a commoner when she married Andrew PB and she wore a tiara. The same one that her daughter wore on her wedding day many years later.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

i make my bette in the aquarian tiara... or probably the queen give to her a new one.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM

does anyone have a clearer picture of the earrings P Anne wore at the recent Saudi Banquet? they are very galm for our Anne!!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Ann the Mystery Tiara

This is the clearest picture link I have found. It looks like two Greek key patterns on top of each other. Dose any one have any information on this? It was worn to an Asian embassy party I think

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2312870120037510460ZtwerB

Tags
anne, jewellery, princess royal