Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love aquamarines. Very nice look. Bit hard to tell what they were from a distance.

Last edited:
Thanks for digging out all these looks!

I'm surprised I did not recall this - since it's so distinctive. But she really has worn it quite a bit.

Anne is sneaky like that. Many people take one look and decide her clothes are recycled (which I think is a good thing) and move on. They miss her stunning jewellery collection and her passion for sapphires. Both her engagement rings had are sapphires and I love the second one best.

Last edited:
Its a really beautiful and historic piece and a favourite of the queen over the years.

Its a really beautiful and historic piece and a favourite of the queen over the years.

Maybe it was a 70th birthday gift from the Queen. The royals, like everyone else, were out of action at the time of Anne's special birthday and for months afterwards, so perhaps this is why we are only seeing it now on her.

It looked really lovely with the Princess Royal's Pearls :previous:

Last night, the Princess Royal wore the Maria Feodorovna sapphire brooch again for a dinner at the British High Commissioner’s residence in Kampala. HRH also wore Queen Elizabeth II's pearl necklace and a pair of statement sapphire earrings.

Photo 1 Photo 2

Photos courtesy of @KagutaMuseveni / Twitter

The sapphire brooch went so beautifully with the outfit and pearls!

Last night, the Princess Royal wore the Maria Feodorovna sapphire brooch again for a dinner at the British High Commissioner’s residence in Kampala. HRH also wore Queen Elizabeth II's pearl necklace and a pair of statement sapphire earrings.

Photo 1 Photo 2

Do we have any confirmation that the pearls Anne was wearing were the ones used by QE2? As far as I know, there has been some speculation, but no confirmation.

The sapphire brooch went so beautifully with the outfit and pearls!

I agree, the brooch looked lovely. Anne had previously used the brooch earlier this year, whilst the Queen was alive.

Photo 1 Photo 2

There is a good discussion of this brooch over at The Court Jeweler about whether this is the same brooch or just a similar style.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...heirloom-sapphires-and-pearls.html#more-43302

Which jeweller created the Double Meander Tiara?

I can't recall the Princess Royal wearing it since 2005?

She has worn it only this one time. Wish she would bring it out again so that we get some good pics of her wearing it. Or of it beeing worn at all.

She has worn it only this one time. Wish she would bring it out again so that we get some good pics of her wearing it. Or of it beeing worn at all.

Such a shame it was just worn the once,hopefully we will see it again!

I suspect it was a one-off loan. Not unlike the pearl and diamond choker dating back to Queen Mary which I think Anne used once or twice.

I suspect it was a one-off loan. Not unlike the pearl and diamond choker dating back to Queen Mary which I think Anne used once or twice.

A loan from the late queen?

Back
Top Bottom