Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know the tiara QEII is wearing in this pic was a gift from Brazil in 1968. HM Majesty did not wear it often and subsequently broke it up to create her new aquamarine tiara.
Thus it is not the same as the Cartier pineflower tiara which went from the Queen Mother to Princess Anne.

That's what i also remember. It was either broken up to create the new big aquamarine tiara or still existent but not worn. I think i having seen a pic of then Queen Mother wearing the aquamarine tiara now with Princess Anne once but not sure.

That's what i also remember. It was either broken up to create the new big aquamarine tiara or still existent but not worn. I think i having seen a pic of then Queen Mother wearing the aquamarine tiara now with Princess Anne once but not sure.
This is the only picture I can remember having seen of the Queen Mother with the Cartier aquamarine tiara. It's not showing the jewellery well, alas, if only photography had been more devoloped back then!
http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/46470/2938864490105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks Tilia I have never seen the pic before.

Which tiaras Peter and Zara inherit when their mother die?

I think that we can be certain that Princess Anne owns the festoon tiara which was a gift to her from a shipping company. About the the ownership of the other tiaras she has worn we are quite in the dark, because nothing has ever been confirmed publicly.
As for what her children will inherit, that certainly in not made public. We can only speculate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know when was the last time that Princess Anne wore the acquamarine tiara?

I have read that the Queen had given the meander to P Ann for her 18th birthday this was the first Tiara that Ann ever wore.

whew, thats a "do" on Princess Anne. Such a gorgeous tiara!

Does anybody know when was the last time that Princess Anne wore the acquamarine tiara?

I don't think Anne has worn it for years. She usually wears the Meander or the Festoon tiaras for state events.

The Queen Mother gave it to Anne as a wedding gift, but she has not worn it much.

Thanks, It's nice to Anne in a tiara.

Today, the Princess Royal, wore her Fishmongers Hall Badge, at the party for her daughter's pre wedding party in Edinburgh.
Seems a most interesting choice.

Today, the Princess Royal, wore her Fishmongers Hall Badge, at the party for her daughter's pre wedding party in Edinburgh.
Seems a most interesting choice.

Is that the gold seahorse on her left shoulder?

Yes, it is.
Worn 28th June, 2011, to the Dinner for Worshipful Companies, for Prince Philip's 90th birthday, that she and her parents all attended
The Queen also wore a similar badge.

Anne's diamond earrings looked wonderful when Zara wore them at her wedding.

Last edited:
I agree Muriel. Anne has never been a "cluttered" royal when it comes to jewellry. However she does have a few equisite pieces like the diamond earings Zara wore on her wedding day. They did look lovely with the tiara.

Anne has also never been "cluttered" when it comes to clothes.
I respect her for having her own ideas as to clothing etc.
She doesn't pander to the press, either.

I agree Muriel. Anne has never been a "cluttered" royal when it comes to jewellry. However she does have a few equisite pieces like the diamond earings Zara wore on her wedding day. They did look lovely with the tiara.
It's a pity Anne isn't big on wearing jewellry as I'm sure the Queen would allow Anne to wear whatever she wanted from the vast treasure trove. She certainly has earned it!
But alas.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this tiara, although I do love those stones. Maybe it's the design.

I have been wondering about the provenance of the sapphire necklace and earrings the Princess Royal wore to the evening reception of the Cambridge's wedding. Does anyone know? Also we have not seen again the jewellery she wore to her son Peter's wedding either!

I have been wondering about the provenance of the sapphire necklace and earrings the Princess Royal wore to the evening reception of the Cambridge's wedding. Does anyone know? Also we have not seen again the jewellery she wore to her son Peter's wedding either!

Do you have a photo of the jewels she wore to the evening reception of prince William's wedding?

Alyend said:
Do you have a photo of the jewels she wore to the evening reception of prince William's wedding?

No I don't unfortunately. I will try and link to the website...

Her engagement ring from Mark Philips is very lovely and simple! I wonder what the ring (if she got one) from her second husband looks like.

Beautiful combination of nice-sized sapphires and diamond, creating a flat look across rather than a graduated effect.

Back
Top Bottom