The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Mystery Tiara 1

Only seen in a series of photographic 'fantasy' portraits.

Diamond (& Pearl?) Tiara
o
My guesses are it's either an artistic rendering of The Festoon Tiara, or it could be the tiara that was broken up to make the Countess of Wessex's wedding tiara (although that would be a crying shame).

Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

The wedding tiara of the Countess of Wessex is actually constructed from elements of one of Victoria's circlets---
In these portraits the tiara is too detailed to not be real, in my opinion. It really is a lovely piece.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Dear Warren,
I'm new to posting but have looked very closely at all the jewels as I make a scrap book of them. Anne's diamond necklace [with bows] has elements of Qu Alexandra's collar necklace made by cartier a gift from Maharajah's. Photo of this in Prss Michaels book 'Brides from another country' or something like that. The thing is where is Qu Alexandra's collar necklace now. Maud didn't get it as far as I can tell.
It is the greatest pity that Buckingham palace can't or won't clarify our guesses and here we all are stumbling about in the dark. Why can't they just say yes it is so and so and came from wherever. Regards to all.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The Festoon Diamond Tiara

This tiara was a gift from the World Wide Shipping Group in 1973.

The Festoon Tiara

Anne wearing the tiara and an elaborate diamond necklace with matching earrings
As this is probably the prettiest of Princess Anne's tiaras, I was glad to see she wore it to the State Banquet for French President Sarkozy. The newstand copy of Hello Magazine here in the US claims she is wearing "the Scroll tiara worn by the Queen Mother when she was a young bride more than 80 years ago", but it doesn't look remotely like it. HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
Royal Insight > Gallery
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
As this is probably the prettiest of Princess Anne's tiaras, I was glad to see she wore it to the State Banquet for French President Sarkozy. The newstand copy of Hello Magazine here in the US claims she is wearing "the Scroll tiara worn by the Queen Mother when she was a young bride more than 80 years ago", but it doesn't look remotely like it. HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
Royal Insight > Gallery
I read that section on the news-stand and frankly they got almost every fact about the jewels wrong ....I didn't buy it......I'll do my reading about royal jewels HERE thank you very much....
Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Well said, GillW. I couldn't agree more. I wish you could see the disdain on my face; the magazines need to hire an expert on such matters--or consult with us.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I read that section on the news-stand and frankly they got almost every fact about the jewels wrong ....I didn't buy it......I'll do my reading about royal jewels HERE thank you very much....
What else did they get wrong?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Administrator

As well as mis-identifying Princess Anne's tiara, Hello! described the Burmese ruby tiara as "very rarely seen" or such-like, and inferred that Mrs Greville's Boucheron tiara was created in 1947. They missed the biggest scoop which was the reappearance of the saucer-sized sunburst brooch. In other words, many of the members here could have done a better (and more accurate) write-up.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Fact checking must be a lost artform in the publishing world.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Fact checking must be a lost artform in the publishing world.
Checking the facts has never stoped them getting in on a story.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Baxter over at the RJOTW message board has found an unknown tiara of the Queen Mother's. There is discussion that it may be the unknown one which Anne wore at the Chinese banquet. The threads on RJOTW disappear so view it now--
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Tiara misidentification?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Nobility

I did a split screen view with photos of both tiaras and can't tell. It seems the one Anne is wearing appears to have a definite space between the two bands all the way round and the one on RJOTW does not, every other "key" dips down to the lower band. It might be the same but it's not looking very promising. Darn it! I so wish we had a clearer picture of Anne wearing the tiara.

Cat
Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

Cat, I don't think they are the same either--if you look on the RJOTW website and just hit on the different threads you'll find where Baxter has played with the images. It looks to me like the mystery tiara has an oval design in the top center of the tiara.
However, I was thrilled that Baxter found an unknown QEQM tiara

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Nobility

If the tiara was identified properly. There is some speculation on RJOTW that the tiara in the video was misidentified. Here is a link to a couple of photos of Anne wearing the mystery tiara. I don't think they are much clearer, if at all, than the current one we have here. I still can't decide if the to tiaras are the same. It looks like a "close but no cigar" to me but then again.....

annemysterytiarachinesevisitnov05clone pictures from art photos on webshots

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Princess Anne's "mystery"

Cat
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

You do great work. A pitty it was not a clearer photo sto start with.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Nobility

Could it be that one ?

Image - TinyPic - Erfahrungen gemeinsam machen!™
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Royal Highness

That's the tiara alright we're talking about, but I'm not sure if its the Mystery Tiara. It's overall general shape fits, but the design is a little off. The jury is out......

Old 07-19-2008, 04:07 PM

I also wish I could see the jewellery in the Queen's Royal Vaults. According to Paul Burrell, in his book A Royal Duty, it is a huge cupboard somewhere in Buckingham Palace, containing jewellery that hasn't seen the light of day for many, many years.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
This tiara is so beautiful. I love the art deco design.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Hahaha...

I LOVE the fact that the royal family can continually surprise us with pieces even die-hard royal watchers haven't seen before...and I must say that Anne has quite the collection of hairpieces at her disposal.

Tags
anne, jewellery, princess royal