The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
Dose any one have any information on this? It was worn to an Asian embassy party I think
See post #6 above. Princess Anne's "Mystery Tiara" remains a mystery.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

What about that tiara in the fantasy portraits? It has to be real, can anyone place it to something kind of similar?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

What kind of necklace/chocker is Pr.Anne wearing in these pictures?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/56348539.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/52102285.jpg

They are blurry...can it be one of QAlexandra's or Mary's chocker?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Commoner

Last night channel 9 aired the program "A Year with the Royal Family" or something like that. Princess Anne was seen in the background wearing the beautiful festoon tiara whilst attending the banquet held for the State Visit from Ghana. Couldn't make out the other jewels she was wearing, would love to see photos if any of the members know where they are!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

Thomas Parkman, I truely love jewelry and I'm going to study gemology so I can become a jeweler. Now as for the tiaras of the BRF that you don't like and wish that they were taken apart so they can start over in your opinion. I want you to know Thomas Parkman that I'm not trying to hurt your feelings and say that you should keep your opinions to yourself, because then it wouldn't be much of a forum if we kept our opinions to ourselfs now would it no it would not. Thomas Parkman what I'm trying to tell you is that before you go and criticise the tiaras that you have named in this thread you should realize that there are far worse looking tiaras out there (i.e. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden first tiara), is that you should understand that the tiaras you named in this thread are actually not that bad. I mean look at the pictures of the tiaras being worn that you have named in this thread actually look good on them i mean you should take in account that it all comes down to how they wear it and present themselfs when wearing them. I mean take the pinecone tiare of princess Anne's for example I know you think it looks AWFUL but it actually looks and works with her because of her hair color and style. Now if the late Lady Diana, Princess of Wale (may she R.I.P.) wore the pinecone tiara it would be HORRIBLE I mean it wouldn't work for her all because of her hair style and color. So what I'm saying is that you should REALLY look at how they present themselfs while wearing the tiaras because it's the personnal style of the People who wear the tiaras which make it work. Forgive me if I hurt your feelings Thomas Parkman that truely isnt my intention, but please try to also not to think about your dislikes of the tiara when you look at it on a person try to study the picture then try to picture someone else wearing the tiara that you don't like and you might find out that the tiara that you disliked actually worked for this person after you saw what it looked like on another person. Sincerely Rebbevb
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Dear Revvevb,

You have not hurt my feelings. Believe me, life is one long humiliation and you might as well get used to it. As for waxing venemous on the subject of tiaras, well it is a lot less stressful and causes less murderous feelings that waxing anything on, say, the subject of politics.

As for the tiaras, they are not all bad. Anne has been able to get a few scrumptious goodies to bedeck her most royal personage. Others are just flops. I refer you to the Worst Jewels Thread, which to my deep regret has seemed to die a natual death. Talk about horrors. But I do not unsay one word that I have said. But in that magnificent exposition of sarcasm and bile these monstrosities got the treatment they diserved. But then there are those jewels, of which tiaras are among the most magnificent, of which I am not only fond, I positively and revoltingly lose all self control and start drooling, foaming at the mouth and quivering like a rabbit with delight. Take a gander at the Fife tiara, the Floral Wreath parure, the Desiree Clary parurue, the pearl tiara murdered by Imelda of the Tacky Shoes Marcos, the Cartier Indian tiara of the Duchess of Glouchester and the Bagration tiara and on and on it goes. It is such a cheerful subject. cheers.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Thomas, the Worst Royal Jewels thread has not died--it is languishing for more horrors! We've merely exhausted our resources at the moment--never fear, we will find more. Recently, we have begun to discuss the wretched pieces in the Luxembourg royal family (SHUDDER!!!!!)

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbevb View Post
Thomas Parkman, I truely love jewelry and I'm going to study gemology so I can become a jeweler. Now as for the tiaras of the BRF...
Rebbevb--as a fellow lover and collector of jewels, I do like the way you have defended these pieces because the stones themselves have not done anything except become ensnared in a web of bad, bad design. The Pincecone tiara, for example. Those are lovely stones--and I enjoy the history of piece (having belonged to the Queen Mother--her husband gave it to her)-but it was shortened to make it more "wearable" and since that time, well, I think there is way too much space between the top three elements and the whole thing looks odd---I refer you to post number 4 of this thread--Warren posted some lovely photos of this piece. The first is of the tiara itself, the second is of Princess Anne wearing the piece. There is a difference. Which looks better? I would love to have that center aquamarine for a nice brooch.
Good luck in Jewel School! How lucky for you!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

Janet and Thomas Parkman, I just took another look at the pinecone tiara it looks like the center is missing because if you look at the picture where HRH Princess Anne, The Princess Royal is wearing it then look at the picture of just the Pinecone Tiara alone you can tell that they're two different versions because in the picture where The Princess Royal is wearing The Pinecone Tiara the center is different its more of a circle. Its possible this is the tiara she wore in 2005 but Im not sure. Sincerly Brent aka Rebbevb
Old 02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Brent aka Rebbevb---there is a distinct difference--I have to say that I prefer the picture of Anne wearing the piece--it looks more symmetrical there. I don't care for the pic of it alone--I'm not sure which is the remodelled version---Warren? Anyone know???

Old 02-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Royal Highness

I think I remember reading it was shortened to make it more wearable.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

It was shortened--but which version is the shortened version? Is the version of Anne wearing the piece the shortened one or is the close up photo the shortened version?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Here is the original version
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...cs/149tpvt.jpg

Here's the actual version
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...neflowerTi.jpg

The brooch is the centrepart of the tiara that was taken out and the earrings and the pendant was also made from the tiara. Or maybe the earrings were gift from the Queen, I'm not sure.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...cs/6jyu5pf.jpg
Old 02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Wow, the original and the actual look so very different. It must have been a complete reconstruction! I like the actual version better.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, the present form of the tiara is better...although it could be improved...
Old 02-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know which one is better--they both look a little off. The original version has the aquamarines sticking up higher than the central element--the redesigned version has too much space between the three central elements-but I haven't seen a photo of it on the Princess yet, --so, I'm not sure which is better--
BUT
I do like the brooch and the pendant very much.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

I've found on photoshot.com a nice close-up of Princess Anne's necklace. Any information about this necklace. Was it a gift from her parents or from smb. else?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...UC_017941D.jpg

And here is another of a very chic Princess!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...013090B_06.jpg
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Aristocracy

Wow!!! The princess Royal looks great and the necklace is very nice. I don't know anything about it but I sure like looking at it.
does anyone know the date and place these photos were from?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

The close up photo: "HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL President, Save the Children Attending Save the Children's annual Gala Dinner and Festival of Designer Christmas Trees at the Natural History Museum, London COMPULSORY CREDIT: UPPA/Photoshot Photo UC 017941/D 05.12.2000"
Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Courtier

The more I look at it the worse it gets. I cannot agree. The pinecone tiara is ugly as sin and there is no way around it. The gemstones are gorgeous but the design is a failure, pure and simple. Sniff.

Tags
anne, jewellery, princess royal