Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I remember reading it was shortened to make it more wearable.

It was shortened--but which version is the shortened version? Is the version of Anne wearing the piece the shortened one or is the close up photo the shortened version?

Wow, the original and the actual look so very different. It must have been a complete reconstruction! I like the actual version better.

Yes, the present form of the tiara is better...although it could be improved...

I don't know which one is better--they both look a little off. The original version has the aquamarines sticking up higher than the central element--the redesigned version has too much space between the three central elements-but I haven't seen a photo of it on the Princess yet, --so, I'm not sure which is better--
BUT
I do like the brooch and the pendant very much.

Wow!!! The princess Royal looks great and the necklace is very nice. I don't know anything about it but I sure like looking at it.
does anyone know the date and place these photos were from?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
The close up photo: "HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL President, Save the Children Attending Save the Children's annual Gala Dinner and Festival of Designer Christmas Trees at the Natural History Museum, London COMPULSORY CREDIT: UPPA/Photoshot Photo UC 017941/D 05.12.2000"

The more I look at it the worse it gets. I cannot agree. The pinecone tiara is ugly as sin and there is no way around it. The gemstones are gorgeous but the design is a failure, pure and simple. Sniff.

Mystery Tiara 1

Only seen in a series of photographic 'fantasy' portraits.

Diamond (& Pearl?) Tiara
o

My guesses are it's either an artistic rendering of The Festoon Tiara, or it could be the tiara that was broken up to make the Countess of Wessex's wedding tiara (although that would be a crying shame:sad:).

The wedding tiara of the Countess of Wessex is actually constructed from elements of one of Victoria's circlets---
In these portraits the tiara is too detailed to not be real, in my opinion. It really is a lovely piece.

Dear Warren,
I'm new to posting but have looked very closely at all the jewels as I make a scrap book of them. Anne's diamond necklace [with bows] has elements of Qu Alexandra's collar necklace made by cartier a gift from Maharajah's. Photo of this in Prss Michaels book 'Brides from another country' or something like that. The thing is where is Qu Alexandra's collar necklace now. Maud didn't get it as far as I can tell.
It is the greatest pity that Buckingham palace can't or won't clarify our guesses and here we all are stumbling about in the dark. Why can't they just say yes it is so and so and came from wherever. Regards to all.

The Festoon Diamond Tiara

This tiara was a gift from the World Wide Shipping Group in 1973.

The Festoon Tiara

Anne wearing the tiara and an elaborate diamond necklace with matching earrings
As this is probably the prettiest of Princess Anne's tiaras, I was glad to see she wore it to the State Banquet for French President Sarkozy. The newstand copy of Hello Magazine here in the US claims she is wearing "the Scroll tiara worn by the Queen Mother when she was a young bride more than 80 years ago", but it doesn't look remotely like it. HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
Royal Insight > Gallery

As this is probably the prettiest of Princess Anne's tiaras, I was glad to see she wore it to the State Banquet for French President Sarkozy. The newstand copy of Hello Magazine here in the US claims she is wearing "the Scroll tiara worn by the Queen Mother when she was a young bride more than 80 years ago", but it doesn't look remotely like it. HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
Royal Insight > Gallery

I read that section on the news-stand and frankly they got almost every fact about the jewels wrong ....I didn't buy it......I'll do my reading about royal jewels HERE thank you very much....
:ROFLMAO::whistling::lol:

Well said, GillW. I couldn't agree more. I wish you could see the disdain on my face; the magazines need to hire an expert on such matters--or consult with us.

I read that section on the news-stand and frankly they got almost every fact about the jewels wrong ....I didn't buy it......I'll do my reading about royal jewels HERE thank you very much....
:ROFLMAO::whistling::lol:
What else did they get wrong?

:previous:
As well as mis-identifying Princess Anne's tiara, Hello! described the Burmese ruby tiara as "very rarely seen" or such-like, and inferred that Mrs Greville's Boucheron tiara was created in 1947. They missed the biggest scoop which was the reappearance of the saucer-sized sunburst brooch. In other words, many of the members here could have done a better (and more accurate) write-up.

Fact checking must be a lost artform in the publishing world.:lol:

I did a split screen view with photos of both tiaras and can't tell. It seems the one Anne is wearing appears to have a definite space between the two bands all the way round and the one on RJOTW does not, every other "key" dips down to the lower band. It might be the same but it's not looking very promising. Darn it! I so wish we had a clearer picture of Anne wearing the tiara.

Cat

Cat, I don't think they are the same either--if you look on the RJOTW website and just hit on the different threads you'll find where Baxter has played with the images. It looks to me like the mystery tiara has an oval design in the top center of the tiara.
However, I was thrilled that Baxter found an unknown QEQM tiara:clap::clap:

If the tiara was identified properly. There is some speculation on RJOTW that the tiara in the video was misidentified. Here is a link to a couple of photos of Anne wearing the mystery tiara. I don't think they are much clearer, if at all, than the current one we have here. I still can't decide if the to tiaras are the same. It looks like a "close but no cigar" to me but then again.....

annemysterytiarachinesevisitnov05clone pictures from art photos on webshots

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Princess Anne's "mystery"

Cat

You do great work. A pitty it was not a clearer photo sto start with.

That's the tiara alright we're talking about, but I'm not sure if its the Mystery Tiara. It's overall general shape fits, but the design is a little off. The jury is out......

I also wish I could see the jewellery in the Queen's Royal Vaults. According to Paul Burrell, in his book A Royal Duty, it is a huge cupboard somewhere in Buckingham Palace, containing jewellery that hasn't seen the light of day for many, many years.

Hahaha...

I LOVE the fact that the royal family can continually surprise us with pieces even die-hard royal watchers haven't seen before...and I must say that Anne has quite the collection of hairpieces at her disposal.

Back
Top Bottom