Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: We have not idea one way or another but the usual form is to leave their entire estate to the heir, a monarch to monarch transfer. If that happened there is nothing to say that HLM may have told Charles of any preference she may have had. It is also obvious that Charles is very generous with jewellery and he may have gifted them to his beloved sister as a lifetime loan. Whatever the case, there is nobody who deserves them more.

As a matter of interest, that particular earring design seems almost de rigueur for every royal lady who attains her majority or marries into the family, to sport a pair, and I am not just referring to the BRF because I have seen them pop up on various royal women throughout Europe as well. The only difference is the different sizes of the pearls.

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=mvCrJ6wb2gbmh3cZQ_kF8asHVS6gfbYLbFBIGyHv-Kk=
At the Garter Ceremony on June 19, 2023, Princess Anne seems to have worn the late Queen's larger button earings which QEII inherited from Queen Mary. If these are the late Queen's earrings, did Princess Anne inherit them or did she borrow them from the family's stash?

They are Anne's own pair, not the one from Queen Mary. The Princess Royal has been wearing them for decades:
Royal Ascot 2021
Royal Ascot 1989

As MARG has said, this is very common design not only among the Windsors, but also with other royal families, like the Belgians.

They are Anne's own pair, not the one from Queen Mary. The Princess Royal has been wearing them for decades:
Royal Ascot 2021
Royal Ascot 1989

As MARG has said, this is very common design not only among the Windsors, but also with other royal families, like the Belgians.

The Pearl necklaces too have almost become a trademark of the Princess Royal and possibly a nice nod to her late mother.

The Pearl necklaces too have almost become a trademark of the Princess Royal and possibly a nice nod to her late mother.

Case in point - the Princess Royal is wearing her mother's trademark pearls today at Ascot.

Case in point - the Princess Royal is wearing her mother's trademark pearls today at Ascot.

Clearly very sentimental to the Princess Royal, do we know if Anne inherited them or just on loan?

Clearly very sentimental to the Princess Royal, do we know if Anne inherited them or just on loan?

I'd say they were either inherited or the siblings agreed Anne should have them being the only daughter. HRH began wearing the 3-strand pearl necklace very shortly after HLM passed away, which makes me think the will may not have been read yet. See this picture.

I'd say they were either inherited or the siblings agreed Anne should have them being the only daughter. HRH began wearing the 3-strand pearl necklace very shortly after HLM passed away, which makes me think the will may not have been read yet. See this picture.

Yes I had noticed that and they seem to be a constant on the Princess Royal.

Do we know for sure that Anne has QE2's pearls? Pearls are notoriousluy difficult to tell apart, and Anne would have had very high quality pearls of her own.

Do we know for sure that Anne has QE2's pearls? Pearls are notoriousluy difficult to tell apart, and Anne would have had very high quality pearls of her own.

I think one of the more reliable bloggers has investigated the clasp of Anne's pearls and says it's almost certainly a match for QE2's.

I haven't seen the diamond-set clasp, that would be the definite proof. However, the size, colour, luster, length and gap between the strands is just as telling. Add to that the Princess hadn't worn a necklace of this length prior to September 2020 and I think we have a very plausible theory. Like 98% sure.

I haven't seen the diamond-set clasp, that would be the definite proof. However, the size, colour, luster, length and gap between the strands is just as telling. Add to that the Princess hadn't worn a necklace of this length prior to September 2020 and I think we have a very plausible theory. Like 98% sure.

Sorry for the typo, that should've been September 2022.

Princess Anne has worn pearl earrings and necklaces since she was first "out" so I suspect 18. She has quite a collection of pearls however, I do believe that if there were one piece of her mother's jewellery that she should inherit outright, it is Queen Mary's pearl studs as they have moved down the maternal line since her.

Princess Anne has worn pearl earrings and necklaces since she was first "out" so I suspect 18. She has quite a collection of pearls .......

I agree with you, Anne has been wearing pearls all her adult life, and has a reasonable collection.

......I do believe that if there were one piece of her mother's jewellery that she should inherit outright, it is Queen Mary's pearl studs as they have moved down the maternal line since her.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "moved down the maternal line since her". I presume they went down the main line from Mary to QE to QE2. Query if they go to Anne now.

If you are talking about the pearl studs with the diamond that QE2 wore every day, Anne already had an identical pair which she has been using for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom