The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Courtier

I haven't found any absolute proof that the jewelry she wore today were presents from Joachim. There is an assumption that since the necklace and earrings appeared during her first year of marriage to Joachim that they indeed came from her then-husband. It could very well have been presents from her parents.

If anyone has some proof about this particular set she wore today, please share them.

The only jewelry that Alexandra has ever acknowledged that came from her husband Joachim is the sapphire flower ring she received after the birth of Felix. She was showing the ring off to the press.

Best wishes,

Ayvee

Old 03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Well, good people, since Alexandra has remarried she is not longer a princess is she? So exactly what is her status, and what is her status here-Rule of Gotha or whatever anyone????

Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Well, good people, since Alexandra has remarried she is not longer a princess is she? So exactly what is her status, and what is her status here-Rule of Gotha or whatever anyone????

She's a Countess. And she can wear anything that's in her own personal jewelry collection, including the tiara.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

A "private" citizen now.

Accorded the style of Her Excellency.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Her Excellency and Dame of the Elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Her Excellency Alexandra Christine Countess of Frederiksborg, mrs. Jorgensen née Manley is now elevated into the Danish Nobility with a comital rank.

Besides that Alexandra also is a Dame in the Elefantordenen, the most prestigious Danish Order (founded 1462) of which only members of the Danish royal family, Heads of State and similar distinguished individuals are a member.

These two are leading in determining her rank and precedence.

The jewels (including the diademe) are her own personal possession, so stated Hofmarskal (Court Marshall) Ove Ullerup.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Alexandra (formerly Princess of Denmark), Countess of Frederiksborg, Jewellery

Now that Princess Alexandra has married and is no longer a member of the Danish royal family, this thread is to discuss her jewellery. Old photos of her jewellery when she was Princess Alexandra may also be posted here.

The previous thread can be found here.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I thought of why she wore the jewellery--they were her 'something old!' "Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue"
Old jewellery, new dress, blue flowers (the only thing I can't guess is borrowed. But it all fits!

Old 03-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue"
That is a very Anglo-american tradition.
The influence of that dominant culture has also affected the old Continent, but in from what I see in my surroundings and that of close friends in Belgium, France and Germany, this 'rule' is barely followed on the Continent.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

any pics of the new engagement ring??

Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

well, I like my explanation, even if it isn't right.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Aristocracy

I seem to remember a site about Danish Jewels by Glenn???? that had pictures and explainations that it was a gift from Jocheim.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denice
I seem to remember a site about Danish Jewels by Glenn???? that had pictures and explainations that it was a gift from Jocheim.
Glenn's revamped site is now back up: http://www.slaikjaer.org/

This is the definitive site on the Danish Royal Jewels (add it to your Favourites ).
Note that the revamped site has a different http address to the 'old' site, and it is still a "work in progress".
Old 03-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Royal Highness

So the necklace she wore for her second wedding...have we seen it before? It looks familiar, like it was part of her Princess life.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Courtier

This is from Bjarne Steen Jensen, author of 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus' (Jewels of the Danish Royal House):
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Countess Alexandras Bridal Jewels
"There has never been published any information on this jewellery and given the fact that she now wore it at her second wedding, they are most bought by herself."

Glenn's site and Lotte's site (The Unofficial Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark Countess of Frederiksborg Website) do not provide any proof that Alexandra's wedding jewelry came from Prince Joachim. It is just assumed that they came from her then-husband because it appeared the first year of that marriage. But it could also have been purchased by her parents as well. South sea pearl jewelry is a big industry in Hong Kong.

-Ayvee
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Majesty

here you go photos of alexandras tiara
Old 09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did she get to keep the tiara after her divorce?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Did she get to keep the tiara after her divorce?
Yes, it was gift from Queen Margrethe and it will pass to Alexandra and Joachim's children.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I love Alexandra's tiara and I know I'm in the minority, but I think the Queen was very gracious and kind to allow Alexandra to retain her tiara. I think there was a genuine affection between the Queen and her daughter-in-law or she wouldn't have done such a gesture. I hope Alexandra doesn't give the tiara back. The Danish Royals have more than enough tiaras and jewels.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Majesty

and the big suprice for tonight is Alexandra she wore her tiara for the first time since 2006 i think
Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I LOVE the Alexandrine Drop tiara.

http://countessalexandra.net/alextiara5oy.jpg

Gorgeous!

Tags
alexandra, countess, countess of frederiksborg, denmark, frederiksborg, jewellery, princess alexandra