The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Courtier

She wore her saphir necklace in state baquette for Bulgarian president, she also wore it in some non gala occasion it seem to be her new favourite necklace.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1143660342

Is this her new pairs of earing? it looks lovely and the red stones seems to be a rubis stones http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1143797670 she wore it in concert recently.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:40 PM

wish she can wear another tiara..so far she has only been wearing one tiara

Old 03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

She has very nice jewelry. But I agree with you anna tan. Can she wear another tiara?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think she has another one!She probably will not get another one now that she is divorced.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning...icle209962.ece
According to Princess Alexandras Private Secretary Christine Lyng, Princess Alexandra owns the very old and unique Diamond Drop tiara, and it is she who owns it, not Joachim like it has been speculated. The hisitoric tiara was a gift to Queen Margrethes Grandmother, Alexandrine, on her 18th birthday and was a gift from Grandduchess Anastasia of Russia. ekstrabladet also writes that she own personally all the other jewels she wears.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.
Which new tiara?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Commoner

Tiara over Red

Princess Alexandra of swordDenmark:In that Saint Michael at the head of Tiara on highplace of Her Royal Highness dressed in red.

royalspiritTerrance
Old 08-14-2006, 06:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
But, may be, the tiara is considered as private jewelry of the family then the queen still allowed to give it away to somebody who is member of the family, just like she gave Mary her pearls bangle/bracelet as a gift for her enggagement (If I'am not mistaken, the diamonds drops tiara and the gold and pearls bangle were a gift to CPss Margareth on her 18 birthday from her grandmother). What ever the tiara probably will go to her first son, Nicholas then it will stay inside the royal family.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

I wish they would start making more stringent provisions regarding tiaras etc. in the Danish royal family. IMO it would be better to let the various royal ladies share from a collected pool - like it seems they do in Holland - but keep it 'close' to the regent.
Also think it was such a pity that the late Queen Ingrid bequeathed the Khedive tiara (the 'wedding' tiara) away from the DRF. With the exception of the small tiara bought for Mary for her wedding (she should have worn the Khedive!) there does not seem to be many tiara acquisitions (not counting the poppy thing! ). They should hold on to what they have IMO.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 AM

Denmark royal tiaras

Denmark's princesses wearing the royal tiaras: click here
It is a page I made for collecting pics of Mary and Alexandra (and soon others) wearing tiaras.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

According to Ekstra Bladet the danish Chief of Court Ove Ullerup says that Alexandra is free to sell her jewels as they are her personal property. This mean that her historical important art nouveau tiara which belonged to the Queens Alexandrine and Margrethe II may disappear from the royal danish house which I think wil be a disaster... Please - don't let it happen...!

Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope she'd keep her tiara to be passed on to the wife of one of her sons.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
According to Ekstra Bladet the danish Chief of Court Ove Ullerup says that Alexandra is free to sell her jewels as they are her personal property. This mean that her historical important art nouveau tiara which belonged to the Queens Alexandrine and Margrethe II may disappear from the royal danish house which I think wil be a disaster... Please - don't let it happen...!

I agree.

This tiara should have never been given to Alexandra as her personal property, rather, should have been in her possession for as long as her marriage lasted (as is the precedent with Mary and the Desiree parure).
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Well..I am thinking that the Queen just assumed that the marriage would last.

From what we know of Alexandra (at least IMO), I think she will not sell the tiara. She seems to recognize the the importance of family heirtage for her sons sake.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I'm quite surprised that the Alexandrine tiara wasn't placed in the crown collection. Since Queen Alexandrine's mother was an Imperial Russian archduchess, a lot of her jewels came from the Russian court. I don't know if the Alexandrine tiara came from this collection but it would be sad for it to leave the Danish royal collection if it is.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I'm quite surprised that the Alexandrine tiara wasn't placed in the crown collection. Since Queen Alexandrine's mother was an Imperial Russian archduchess, a lot of her jewels came from the Russian court. I don't know if the Alexandrine tiara came from this collection but it would be sad for it to leave the Danish royal collection if it is.
No matter if the tiara is russian or danish it is an important part of the danish royal jewels as it has been worn by two queens of Denmark. Arthistorical it is also important as it is the only piece of jewelry where the diamonds are set in loose settings letting the stones be seen from all angels - a fashion popular around the art nouveau years.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Courtier

I highly doubt that Alexandra will sell the tiara! It's not like she's destitute and in need of money! My bet is that it will go to one of her sons.

As far as the tiara, that was the only tiara that was given to her in her almost decade-long service to Denmark as princess. If the Queen had given her three of four tiaras, then I'd be concerned about where they would go, but given that Denmark has quite a number of tiaras in their arsenal, I don't think the gift of Alexandra's tiara will make a dent on it. Plus after Alexandra's death, it'll probably be retained by her sons which are STILL a part of the royal family, so what's the problem?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Well..I am thinking that the Queen just assumed that the marriage would last.

From what we know of Alexandra (at least IMO), I think she will not sell the tiara. She seems to recognize the the importance of family heirtage for her sons sake.
Oh, Im sure all would have liked the marriage to have lasted but I think a tiara purchased for Alexandra (like mary's was for her) would have been a more suitable option. Then again, this was before Mary's time so things were of course different.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
No matter if the tiara is russian or danish it is an important part of the danish royal jewels as it has been worn by two queens of Denmark. Arthistorical it is also important as it is the only piece of jewelry where the diamonds are set in loose settings letting the stones be seen from all angels - a fashion popular around the art nouveau years.

I totally agree, Sophus. Is there a picture of Queen Alexandrine wearing the tiara? I know she didn't like jewelry but I was hoping to see at least one picture of Alexandrine with her tiara. I've only seen the tiara on Alexandra.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra

Tags
alexandra, countess, countess of frederiksborg, denmark, frederiksborg, jewellery, princess alexandra