The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Majesty

sorry to have to post this picture as a attach but its to good to be vasted it will soon be gone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	109080.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	37360  

Old 07-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Another picture of Alexandra at the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding

Old 07-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Nobility

Another picture of Alexandra at the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding

At the wedding 2
Old 07-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Gentry

What a pity that she did hide the big "new" necklace under the cape. One can see a hint of it in the second last picture Poppy sent. I haven't seen a single good photo of that piece anywhere.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Nobility

It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure
Old 08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Courtier

I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@Aug 5th, 2004 - 12:45 pm
I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different.
Me too!
Old 08-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Poppy@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:17 pm
It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure
I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.
I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi
I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.
I think the problem is more than one gown. All of Alexandra's evening gowns are "busy" lots of embroidery, vibrant colours, trains, etc. Perhaps she needs to pare down her image a little and go for more simple, classic lines.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I think the problem is more than one gown. All of Alexandra's evening gowns are "busy" lots of embroidery, vibrant colours, trains, etc. Perhaps she needs to pare down her image a little and go for more simple, classic lines.
Agreed. I would also l like to see less beading and embroidery. Sometimes I feel that the dressmakers get too carried away or perhaps Alex does herself. i also think that at times the patterns of the beading and embroidering is just strange. I guess itis supposed to appear different, but I don't come away with that idea. Alex is naturally beautiful and lovely. She doesn't need all of the extra beading, IMO. I think that with her wonderful choice of colors and skin tone, that many of Alex's gowns could be very simple, paired with great jewels and look exquisite.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Courtier

I would love to see this necklace (
http://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/a...mondparure.jpg) worn with a simple and elegant off-the-shoulder black gown... To me, a vibrantly coloured gown just wouldn't suite because the necklace has this silver-ish colour (and colourful gowns would just overwhelm it).

It would look soooo lovely with a simple black gown!! Perhaps something like this gown below, but in black...
[img]
http://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/alexnewdiamondparure.jpg[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Courtier

As I said above, I think this parure would really suite a simple dark-hued gown. So I used Paint (so no shading etc!) to change the colour. I personally think it looks nicer with dark colours - the necklace stands out as opposed to looking so-so....

In black... I think a black gown suits it the best...

....and in reddish-brown...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Courtier

It would be so nice to see her in a pearl tiara. Then she could incorporate some of her wonderful pearl necklaces into a parure!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Nobility

I agree Fireweaver. Alexandra has tons of pearl necklaces and earrings, not to mention that very large pearl that she wears with here diamond necklace. Something would diamonds and pearl would be wonderful!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

I would love to see the Princess with a new tiara as well.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

Wink Pearl Tiara

She'd look sensational!
Old 08-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

WHat if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireweaver
It would be so nice to see her in a pearl tiara. Then she could incorporate some of her wonderful pearl necklaces into a parure!
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alexpearl.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	38640  
Old 08-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Courtier

I did this for the posters over at the CP Mary MB. This looks good on Alex, but I still think the one she's got now is better!

I also put other tiaras on Alex (Bagration, Cambridge Sapphire tiara, Queen Ena of Spain's Diamond Tiara, Queen Ena's Flower Tiara, Fife Diamon tiara etc... thanks to Danjel's website) (see CP Mary MB).
Old 08-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Aristocracy

that looks great, Jasl!

Tags
alexandra, countess, countess of frederiksborg, denmark, frederiksborg, jewellery, princess alexandra