Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Is it Alexandra selling it off or was it a loan? I can't remember seeing it on her other than on the wedding.

I assume that it was a loan. Otherwise she would have worn it more often, I think.

Alexandrine Drop Tiara

Is this Tiara still with The Danish Royal Family? Some sources say that Countess Alexandra kept it? However. I have seen a You Tube clip with HRH, Princess Mary, The Crown Princess. Wearing it?

The drop diamond tiara of Queen Alexandrine has been given to Princess Alexandra on her wedding to Prince Joachim. She still owns it and she has even worn it once after her divorce, at the 40th jubilee of the Queen. So this tiara has not bee worn by CP Mary. But Queen Margrethe has worn it a lot as y young princess.

It's the way she usually places her tiara. She seems to like to sit very upright, which gives a rather stiff impression, imo. I would prefer to see it worn more tilted, like Margrethe used to wear it. But I'm delighted to see Alexandra and her tiara again, it's a rare treat.

The drop diamond tiara of Queen Alexandrine has been given to Princess Alexandra on her wedding to Prince Joachim. She still owns it and she has even worn it once after her divorce, at the 40th jubilee of the Queen.

She has worn it a few more times after her divorce as until her remarriage she she still attended the New Years Court. But since she has lost her Princess title whe has worn it noe 2 times.

She has worn it a few more times after her divorce as until her remarriage she she still attended the New Years Court. But since she has lost her Princess title whe has worn it noe 2 times.
You are right, thanks for correcting me. I guess I meant that she wore it once since her remarriage. (Twice now, though she's no longer remarried.)

Back
Top Bottom