The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Recently I read that the Greek royal house was owner of a company aircraft, they were the maximum action, which was company? Remains of them?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

I have spoke here of the company aircraft, I want to specify that the company may have been of King Pavlo ...
The company performed in the decade of the 30, when Pavlo was not king,a specific engine airplane .. but I do not know what airplane it was.
I have read that family may have been maximun titular actions of company.
I do not know if it is a company manufacturing of planes or for commercial aircraft ... But it spoke of an engine airplane that in the decade of the 30 it was a novelty in the field airplane.
I do not know if it is of Royal Family, Now..

Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Belt I never heard of any connection between the King and aircraft companies.
Early on in the 70's he was working in some of the Shah's of Iran interests but there have never been any companies KC ever owned or ran.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Gentry

It is true that besides being friends the two royal families were involved in business. King Constantine had been in business with the late king Hussein, though I'm not sure if this is still on with the next generation of Jordan Royals. In any case the friendship is on and, remember Prince Felipe of Spain interrupted his honeymoon to attend a Royal wedding in Jordan, along with his mother and members of the GRF.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Commoner

Exclamation King Constantine´s Interview in 2006

Our beloved King Constantine has given an interview in 2006 to the Greek Newspaper To Vima.

Is there anybody who hast this interview in English?!

My greek is very bad and it takes to 30 pages.

Or is there anyone who can translate me the full interview?!

Thx,

Kai
Old 07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

When King Konstantinos II is in Greece does he meet greek politicians?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Aristocracy

All Greeks of a certain age and above recognize King Constantine when they see him. Likewise, he is familiar with many politicians simply because he is an avid watcher of Greek TV.
When in Athens, he stays usually at the Grande Bretagne, where he likes to socialize at the ground-floor Bar. Whenever it happens for a politician and King Constantine to be there, he usually greets and shakes hands politely with whomever he recognizes. I believe this is all the contact King Constantine has with the political world, except with Mr. Constantine Mitsotakis with whom he maintains a friendship. In fact, a year or so ago, Constantine and Anne-Marie visited with the Mitsotakises in Chania, Crete, the native place of the former prime minister.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

they never talk about politics, Misotakis is art collector Byzantine and Constantine collaborates with Orthodox Church in exhibitions of Byzantine art, but they never talk about politics. And King did not visited Misotakis, Constantine was visiting Crete, Misotakis saw it in the press, would look for the phone and call him and invite him to his house, but they never talk about politician

Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

What I said was that the the Kings visited with the Mitsotakises, meaning here, talked with.
King Constantine and Mr. Mitsotakis maintain a friendship that has nothing to do with collecting of Byzantine icons or having an interest in the topic by either party. But I do agree that there is nothing of a political nature in their association.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

This is true, the King of Greece works with the Orthodox Church.
They are friends but I do not know if they are intimate or simple friend. In the interview in Chania, Crete, King said they did not spoke of politics. And at the wedding of Princess Alexia, some media reports said was present at the wedding an important Greek politician (they did not say the name, but was rumored that was Misotakis) .
Old 07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

No, at the weddig of princess Alexia Mitsotakis wasn't invited. I was there and i remember well. Only 1 member of the parliament, old friend of the King was there.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t found pictures, but it was said by some journalists that Misotakis was in wedding.
but I think that if they are intimate friends , the wedding of Nikolaos is a good moment for demonstrate this ,
Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

At a moment that the Mitsotakises are under fire from Right and Left, I doubt they would attend even if they were invited.
Insofar as the Greel royal weddings were concerned, I know that Alexandros Lykourezos, once a New Democracy MP, attended one.

At any rate, the Mitsotakis family are Liberals, in the European meaning of the word [neoliberals in American lingo], which implies that, unlike the Right and the Left, they are fierce anti-populists, pro-free-market economy and, like many of us, they would not put too much emphasis on whether the symbolic Head of State is hereditary or not.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
I agree with Sylvia.

Although, I agree that the people of Greece have a right to choose their own form of goverment. The fact is that the members of the GRF are who they are. Their titles are their birthrights. Is Queen Anne-Marie supposed to have a press conference and say to the world, "Oh please just call me Anne-Marie or Annie?" That would be insanely ridiculous. It is a matter of respect and dignity.

Regardless of what may happen in the years to come and whether or not in the future members of the GRF use their titles (or happen to be addressed as such), their bloodline will still remain as it is. Royalty is invested within a person and not within a goverment. It can exist even though the respective country of a royal house/family is now a republic, etc. An individual does not cease to be royal simply because there have been referendums and the monarchy has been abolished. They may no longer be reigning (and even in exile) and may no longer have official duties, but there ancestry is as it is as Syliva pointed out so very well.

I also agree with Sylvia that is very obvious that members of the GRF do not go around begging to be in the spotlight and to speak at certain events or become members of various charities. They are sought out on many occassions and they graciously accept which makes it clear that in many circles there presence is in demand and they are highly respected.
I agree with Jacqueline.
The King of the Hellenes is the King of the Hellenes because of who he is, not because of what he is or because of what he may be today.
Respectfully, the Crown Prince's wife is also a Princess and must use exactly that as her title.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM

Translate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai29 View Post
Our beloved King Constantine has given an interview in 2006 to the Greek Newspaper To Vima.

Is there anybody who hast this interview in English?!

My greek is very bad and it takes to 30 pages.

Or is there anyone who can translate me the full interview?!

Thx,

Kai
Yes indeed, I can translate into english the King's interview in Το Βήμα for you. Just send.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
When King Konstantinos II is in Greece does he meet greek politicians?
He has done so for many times in the past to meet politicians and clergymen over formal occasions of fullfilling his royal duties of former monarch. His visits to Greece are far more frequent today than what they used to be, and where initially desputed over so called misunderstandments, that he has also even moved in permanently to Athens from London.