Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Gentry

Angel,
I agree, but i heard on another topic area that he is seeing a Tatiana, who is
Not Greek and she is American and his father approves as she has $ the most
important criteria ....

in my opinion, "$" is not the most important criteria but the sincere love of
Greece, the Greek Orthodox Faith and the people.

After all, money does not mean the marriage is "good" or that she is "appropriate". I wish he to find a good Orthodox Christian girl, Greek,
Russian, Rumanian, just one who is not effected by a $ only jet set life style...

One who is able to unite with the Greek people-someone who they will
really LIKE.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:46 PM

I&#39;ve heard that when the GRF were first exiled, they lived in Denmark but had to leave Denmark because of their views of the Danish monarchy.
Firstly, is this true?
Secondlay, if so what were their views which were so controversial??

Old 09-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Courtier

That&#39;s a good question, maybe someone who knows more about Greek History/King Constatantine&#39;s views can fill us in?
Old 12-31-2003, 08:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by :Jay:@Sep 21st, 2003 - 2:46 am
I&#39;ve heard that when the GRF were first exiled, they lived in Denmark but had to leave Denmark because of their views of the Danish monarchy.
Firstly, is this true?
Secondlay, if so what were their views which were so controversial??
I have no idee, i would like to know more about it....
Old 12-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Aristocracy

When the GRF first went into exile they lived in Rome until 1973. From Rome they moved breifley to Denmark and stayed in the Amalienborg Palace. I do not know of anything about their views on the Danish Monarchy however it would have placed the Danish Government in an International Relations dilema with Greece with the now deposed former Greek Head of State living with the Danish Head of State. Whether this has anything to do with the theory of disputed ideas of Monarchy I dont know, although the two families are both close so it obvioulsy wasnt a long lasting personal issue between the two families.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:16 AM
Courtier

It wasn't anything between the two families. Rather, there were fears that the democratic Danes would not take too kindly to Konstantine's counter-coup (I'
m not getting into the reasons of the coup with you, but am stating what has been printed on numerous occassions). That's why Konstantine and Anne-Marie did not attend the wedding of Queen Margarethe and Prince Henrik.

S
Old 12-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by CorinnaAloysius@Sep 16th, 2003 - 10:59 pm
Anna-Maria was 6 months pregnant when they fled into exile...
Now, don't ask me from what source I read this particular article about Ex-King Constantine and his wife, Ex-Queen Anne-Marie, because I can't remember ~ but I do remember "gasping for air" when I read it. ( .. and it all may be a rumor anyway but it was definitely written down somewhere .. ) I have always thought that the "Ex-Royalty of Greece" were morally above reproach and felt that CP Pavlos was pretty lucky in finding Marie-Chantal (and her father's money). When they became engaged, I remember that Ex-King Tino stating (paraphrasing), "We were wondering what took you two so long to annouce your engagement!!". Obviously both families were overjoyed about the upcoming nuptials.

Then, later in the article, it mentioned that it's no secret that Constantine has had a "roving eye for the ladies" as does his son!! That's when I "gasped for air". Pavlos having a "roving eye for other women" ??? How could that be? I still haven't reconciled myself to that fact and I'm still wondering if it is all a rumor. It seems to be almost impossible for him to have a "roving eye", being married to Marie-Chantal. I doubt she would put up with this at all! As far as being "whipped by MC", maybe it's like " .. happy wife ~ happy life ..".

Later on, still, in the article, it did mention that Anne-Marie, at some point in the marriage, temporarily moved back to Denmark for a short while, alledgedly because of the extra-marital affairs of her husband. It was very "hush - hush". Could this be this be the reason for her "crying" (about her marriage) or "crying" when she saw little children, remembering her miscarriages?

Truly, I was shocked, reading this article. Is it all a rumor??
Old 12-31-2003, 02:40 PM
Courtier

I've written about this here before. Particularly about K's affairs, Pavlos' image, and Nikaloas and Anne-Marie being more liked in Greece etc. Although I can not prove it, I know people who are/were close to the family (no they are not servants) and the rumours are, for the most part, accurate. You know the old saying: no smoke without fire. Look up my old posts in this forum if you want to learn more. I can also PM you more stuff when I have more time, as you can not post anything remotely controversial here about K et al. without being attacked by the Konstantine loyalists and vested interests under the old regime.

S
Old 01-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Of course, Sean, I would like to read "your version" in your old posts on this subject, however, I don't know "how" to look them up. (I'm still pretty new around here at LTR and I'm still "learning the ropes".) You talk about "Constantine's loyalists" ~ and, I'm sure there are many, but that doesn't mean one can't ask questions to learn more about something to determine IF it is rumor or IF it is not. It's all about "truth".

I also don't know what the term, "PM" means, however, I think it's about sending me information by "private email" and I'm acceptable to that idea. Thank you for offering your opinions to my post, and as I have stated before, I am truly open to other ideas and/or constructive criticism.

I cannot speak for others in this forum who disagree with you, but I can tell you that instead of being termed "controversial" or "being attacked", maybe we should call it what it is ~ "a debate" ~ and, in a debate, the truth usually will come forth.

Now, let me say to everyone ~ May the year of 2004 bring you much happiness and joy along with prosperity. Happy New Year to all!

Elizajane
Old 01-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Courtier

No, I said the topic is controversial. And there is a difference between debate and personal attack. I'm aware as to the difference between the two, thanks.

Anyway, the topic (which *is* controversial) has been discussed and *debated* here several times before. There is a search mechanism attached to the forum, so you can type in some key words and it should bring something up. IIRC, one of the threads was titled 'Constantine' s Affairs', while another was titled Pictures of the Greek Royal Family. There was another thread too, but I can not remember the name at this juncture.

There was also a thread on Queen Frederika that may have some information and one on Marie Chantal's last name (just type in those words in the search box and something should come up).

And it isn't only "my version". Others have the same version, most notably the individual (s) you previously quoted. I can tell you from my well placed sources that the rumours are true. You, however, should read up on the former Greek RF, talk to those in their social cricle, and talk to the ex-pat community and then come to your own conclusions.

Regards & Happy New Year to you too.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Commoner

What does King Constantine do?

I'm just wondering what King Constantine does for a living?
I know he has an office in London but where does he get the money to support himself and his children and their education? How does he earn money? Does he get allowances from other families or people?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Courtier

He was king from 1964 until 1974. The Greek royal family had, like most royal families, some fortune and I think when it became more and more clear that he has to flee the country he probably transferred some of the fortune to Switzerland or so.A few years ago he accepted to get some money back from the Greek government (about 12 million Euros - he originally had fought at the European court to get 120 million! Euros....) and as a return service he renounced to be the owner of Tatoi palace and Mon Repos f.i. (but just because he couldn´t affort to keep them in shape anyway....) The money is managed by his sons (who both seem to have some university degree in business f.i.) who founded the Anna-Maria-Foundation f.i. (which is in my opinion just a trick to keep the money in the family - the only user of the foundation is the greek royal family itself....) Set up foundations is just a tax-trick...
Old 04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Constantine receives gifts (of about 1 million pounds per year) from wealthy Greeks.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Courtier

He had some failed investments in the early 1980s that wiped out a lot of his portfolio and wealth. I remember reading about a car dealership, but have no more information about it.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Wasn't he a Lloyds name? I know that Camilla was and lost a small fortune. I have a feeling Constantine was on the list too.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Courtier

Shameful if true!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

King Constantine and Princess Irene in Trauerfeier Hannover

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...d=1#post431781
Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Gentry

Happy Name's Day for Princes Irene of Greece
Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

I also think his wife, Queen Anne Marie, came into the marriage w a "dowry", being a Danish princess herself. I read someplace that she has a personal fortune. Also, I believe he gets "help" from his British cousins and close acquaintances.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Courtier

He doesn't get any money from the Windsors at all. EIIR doesn't even like to help out her British relatives -- look at how her sister's children are selling off family heirlooms to meet death taxes.

He gets all the money he has from the wealthy Greek shipping families. IIRC, the Greeks bought his house in London, and he gets a really nice Christmas present (a series of envelopes stuffed with cash) from the Greeks.

Anne-Marie, like Constantine, had a trust fund. But seeing as to how her sister Margrethe has less than $15 million, I'm not thinking Anne-Marie's trust fund is very large. The money from Constantine's trust fund was what was decimated from the bad investments.

There's nothing shameful about having been a Lloyd's name. If anything, it should be seen as a source of pride because it does carry with it a certian social caché.