The Anna-Maria Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreekBoy1981

Hello , I want to ask your opinions about the Anna-Maria Foundation

I think it is a very good subject to talk about . I personally think that King Constantine will have great success with that Foundation , and yes, there are many peoples that need His Majesty's help !

I am waiting to hear opinions ...lol~~

I think it's a very good PR ploy from the King but I don't know whether the Greeks will appreciate it at all. It was a smart move to name it after his wife, as I know she is well liked by the Greeks.

I think that the Anna-Maria Foundation will help people.....but Greeks will always be suspicious of the motives :unsure: Its like Queen Frederica, she helped poor girls,orphans,went all over Greece to suport soldiers during the War......and still many accuse her these days.

You are absolutely right Lia...non-thankfulness is a clearly a Greek sport!!Aside that, it is up to the people that will work for the foundation..I mean, how honest they will be onto what they do!Good and senciere work on foundations chosen targets,will make a perfect reputation for the Institution, and then acceptance:I have many examples of Institutions that worked in Greece and people loved them!Iam talking about Papafi Foundation,Ahepan's,e.t.c!After all thereis no war in greece now!!

Dear Cuervo you are absolutely right ! I agree at this with you .

Anyway thanks for replying in my post !!!!

Sincerelly yours

Zisis

Where is this Foundation based? Vaduz,Liechtenstein?

London surely seeing as that is where they spend most of the time.

So that's where the headquarters are? Shouldn't it be where the couple spends most of their time?

The Foundation was found in order to help people in Greece. So, it has to be here, in Greece. There are people who take care about the Foundation here in Greece.

Thank you both for your replies.I thought it was in Vaduz because of the tax system there.

In the papers, maybe in Vaduz, but it's offices are in Greece:)

:previous: You are correct. The Foundation has been registered in Liechtenstein.

No this is not true Odette, the foundation's headquarters are in London and in Athens have a office that will be moved to a new one.

:previous: The Foundation is registered in Liechtenstein as a charitable organization. Offices can be anywhere and can be moved around but the registration remains in Liechtenstein. Please check the Royal family's website to confirm this.:flowers:

I agree with Odette. The offices of the Foundation are in Maroussi, near the Olympic Stadium of Athens.

As far as I know the foundation never gives money to people who need help. They only give "things" (like cars or so, but you´ll never know whether they indeed took the money out of the foundation to buy the cars....)). This foundation reminds me of the US-movie "The fortune cookie" with Lemmon/Matthau. I believe (specially since it is registered in Liechtenstein....:cool:) that the former Greek royal family puts all the money into their own pockets....
To establish a foundation means most of the time that this money is supposed to stay at it´s owner and has to increase instead of "spending" it to people who are needy. It´s just a tax-trick.

As far as I know the foundation never gives money to people who need help. They only give "things" (like cars or so, but you´ll never know whether they indeed took the money out of the foundation to buy the cars....)). This foundation reminds me of the US-movie "The fortune cookie" with Lemmon/Matthau. I believe (specially since it is registered in Liechtenstein....:cool:) that the former Greek royal family puts all the money into their own pockets....
To establish a foundation means most of the time that this money is supposed to stay at it´s owner and has to increase instead of "spending" it to people who are needy. It´s just a tax-trick.

To give "thinks" means that you must have some money to buy those thinks. The AM Foundation has already donated fire brigade vehicles to Firemen in Greece and other equipment, and also gave help to a village burned from the 2007 fires in Greece.

Do you have anything in print that supports your thoughts? Most foundations that I know of don't put money into the owner's pockets but actually help people. Of course, sometimes the overhead is a little high but that doesn't mean its all going to the owner.

If I had any printed proof Constantine would come in big trouble I suppose. But as you said and the poster who posted direct after me it´s obviously that people who need help never get money. And you will never get a proof that they bought the cars or other "things" from money out of the foundation. Usually it´s dubious if those foundations are registered in countries like Liechtenstein. And the fact that they don´t give money to the people is IMO even more dubious. IMO this foundation only "helps" Constantine and his family. IMO it´s simply legal cheat under the cloak of charitability. And - by the way - both Niko and Pavlos have an education where they learned how to handle investments a.s.o. and I´m quite sure one of their jobs is to increase the money and not to buy "things". I mean Constantine isn´t obviously able to pay for his children´s weddings but if it was true that he doesn´t need the money by establish a foundation - well, IMO that doesn´t fit together.

So is that a no on the proof?

I am sorry, I am confused. What is your point of reference that the Constantine and his family are living off the foundation. I would assume that you heard it somewhere. If you have no proof, is that just speculation?

If I had any printed proof Constantine would come in big trouble I suppose. But as you said and the poster who posted direct after me it´s obviously that people who need help never get money. And you will never get a proof that they bought the cars or other "things" from money out of the foundation. Usually it´s dubious if those foundations are registered in countries like Liechtenstein. And the fact that they don´t give money to the people is IMO even more dubious. IMO this foundation only "helps" Constantine and his family. IMO it´s simply legal cheat under the cloak of charitability. And - by the way - both Niko and Pavlos have an education where they learned how to handle investments a.s.o. and I´m quite sure one of their jobs is to increase the money and not to buy "things". I mean Constantine isn´t obviously able to pay for his children´s weddings but if it was true that he doesn´t need the money by establish a foundation - well, IMO that doesn´t fit together.

Stefanie, i really don't get what your point is. You probably are only a common slanderer , but i really want to explain what could get in trouble King Constantine. Did he robbed any bank to get the money from the Greek State? Was he obliged to give that money to a Foundation?
King Constantine won the European Court of Human Rights case against the Greek Government. He won a compensation,and he has the right to do the money,whatever he wanted to. Instead of that, he founded the AM Foundation, and he helps not individuals who need money, but certain regions or groups, such as Fireman.

Do Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie Chantal have an active part in the running of the Anna-Maria Foundation?

Prince Paul is a member of the Foundation, but Marie Chantal is not a member. the prince paul has participed in some acts of Foundation but Prince Nikolaos is the most active in the foundation, and his mother Queen Anne Maria. Tatiana has participated in some acts with prince Nikolaos, but she is not member.

Back
Top Bottom