King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely surprise for the queen and wonder to see the 3 royal sisters together in Greece.

Our ANNE-Marie was definitely the most glamorous queen at her time. She is still one of the best, if not one of the most presentable queens of Europe and the ever popular queen of the Greeks - Hellenes. really a national treasure to Greece and Denmark. God Bless Queen Anne-Marie!

Queen Sophia was in Porto Heli, she must have arrived the same day birthday , the Friday she was in Athens, she had to travel to Madrid because tomorrow she has to be in the Vatican for the canonization of Teresa of Calcutta. Today I read in the Danish press, which was not Marie Chantal because her children began the school in London.

(..) I was thrilled that Queen Margrethe brought the Danish Life Guard (?) band to play for her sister's birthday! Am I correct that all Queen Anne-Marie's children attended? I understand grand children and respective spouses could not come to Greece with a view to school, but it would be a lovely gesture if indeed all HM Anne Marie's progeny celebrated her special day:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
mange tak indeed, Muhler! I was thrilled that Queen Margrethe brought the Danish Life Guard (?) band to play for her sister's birthday! Am I correct that all Queen Anne-Marie's children attended? I understand grand children and respective spouses could not come to Greece with a view to school, but it would be a lovely gesture if indeed all HM Anne Marie's progeny celebrated her special day:flowers:

Indeed. As professional musicians they are no doubt delighted to show off - and a trip to Greece at this time of year ain't bad either...
Yes, a pity Marie-Chantal couldn't be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
(..) I was thrilled that Queen Margrethe brought the Danish Life Guard (?) band to play for her sister's birthday! Am I correct that all Queen Anne-Marie's children attended? I understand grand children and respective spouses could not come to Greece with a view to school, but it would be a lovely gesture if indeed all HM Anne Marie's progeny celebrated her special day:flowers:
all her sons and daughters and Carlos Morales and Tatiana, except Marie Chantal,were with the Queen, I understand that MC could not attend the birthday:ermm:, but I do not understand why she did not published one photo on her instagram congratulating to the Queen.:bang:

Last edited:
Maybe they celebrated all together when MC and the kids were in Greece this earlier this summer? It does seem odd though that MC hasn't put something on instagram about it as usually she is on the ball with such things.

MC always used to speak very kind and warm about her mother in law.

I think Marie Chantal would have to have shared a photo on her instagram of her mother- in- law, saying, "Happy Birthday to my mother- in -law", at other times she has published pictures of Anne-Marie and Constantine . This would have been a nice touch.

Last edited:
i read at Billed Bladet, danish magazine , that at dinner 70 birthday of Queen Anne-Marie, were 50 guests .It was private and family

It's a shame we didn't see some kind of gala event to mark Her Majesty's 70th but I'm sure that the celebrations she had were welcome and what she wanted. Though how she is 70 I don't know. She doesn't look a day over 50!

Since King Constantine was operated of heart ,he is very sensitive, when he has to talk about Greece..... he can not suppress his tears. for him the event was very important, he also won an Olympic medal.

I can understand the emotion of King Constantine in these events, after so many years, he is being recognized as an Olympic medal and is being treated as what he is, a Greek, because the King is a Greek, born in Greece, his parents had Greek passport, his great-grandfather created the Greek state, his ancestors were heads of state and heads of the Greek armies ..... I can understand the feelings of a King when he is recognized what he is and always will be, a GREEK.
In the documentary about the life of King Paul also he could not suppress tears and could hardly give the speech, and the same in his golden wedding.

Last edited:
The video is creepy. the King is really weak :sad: It cost him a lot of talking. Does anyone know what is the disease?

The King is clearly suffering from ill health but I wonder if this was simply His Majesty being very emotional and finding it difficult to speak through tears rather than any kind of speech impediment caused by an illness? Certainly if the latter is the case, he has declined in health very quickly.

He was operated in 2009 of heart, has reason Stef, from this operation , he is very emotional when he speaks in public, in the speech of presentation of documentary of King Paul came to pass something similar, he wanted to speak but could not, tears prevented it, and in his golden wedding were his sons who read the speech. His grandfather King Constantine I, also depreciated quite walked with a cane and leaned forward, I imagine that these are problems of the bones). from 2 years ago, he walks helped by cane and a person. And until 2003 he was a heavy smoker, this is also very important.

Last edited:
Oh my God what a shocking video. He is so weak. He should have suffered from strokes, he could not speak. I presume feelings should be very strong at this moment , the film of his life should have passed in his eyes.
Young and handsome Crown Prince, winning a precious medal for his country.
Having a fairy tale wedding with a fairy tale Princess
Only a few years after chassed from his country.
Deposited as King
Non allowed to return for more than twenty years and agressed when he returned back
And now invited to honour, finally recognised, at least to one field of his might best success.

Last edited:
I think the same, but I do not think he thought , when he was young....I think it has more relation with that, since 1974, the Greek authorities do not recognize that he won a gold medal at the Rome Olympics representing to Greece, his country.

I have come to read website about Olympics that say that two were members of the boat crew that won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Rome, Odysseus Eskidioglou and George Zaimis and exclude Constantine, when the crew of Dragon class is 3 people.:bang::bang:

When were the Olympics in Athens in 2004, Constantine was not as Olympic medalist for Greece.:bang:

I think that his emotional answer to this phrase : "what they do not know the Greeks is the great effort that the athletes make to win a medal representing to their country:ohmy:, and how sad it is that the authorities do not recognize the merit or effort:nonono:". Who knows if this had been his words if the tears and the effort to contain it, would not have prevented it:whistling:.

However it is a recognition, he was there:flowers:He won the gold medal representing Greece and that is evidence, now the authorities recognize it .:kingdomofgreece::greeceflag2:

Queen Anne-Marie is who takes care of the King, I read this in an interview in March, she is Queen, wife and nurse. God save the King's health, I think he needs it

Last edited:
We must not forget that both HMs parents died in their 60s which he, perhaps thanks to modern medicine, has long passed!
Still I think the clip was rather an example of his emotions (this was an official event aired on greek television and he was part of it!) than his frailty.

Last edited:
We must not forget that both HMs parents died in their 60s which he, perhaps thanks to modern medicine, has long passed!
Still I think the clip was rather an example of his emotions (this was an official event aired on greek television and he was part of it!) than his frailty.

I tend to agree. If anyone saw his interview at Greek Sky channel in June, he sounded much the same -without the emotion.
He clearly has orthopedic problems, and then respiratory issues as a result of being a chain smoker for years. But I doubt there's something extremely and urgently worrisome in his situation.

I just realised that both his parents died at 63-64 years. Very early.
As for the King he should have strokes. His difficulty to speak it not because of the heart

Frandesacs2003 your diagnosis is exaggerated, if he would has those problems, he would not be in that event. In the interview of Skai he has same voice, and could not walk .
But I want to remember another time, it was in his wedding anniversary, September 18, 2014, Alexia, Nikolaos and Philippos had to read the speech written by his father, King Constantine could not read it, because tears prevented it . This is moment

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lWs2qNqDMDw/VCnaKI1f4uI/AAAAAAAADrE/Nej6RhyLp6w/s1600/alexia.jpg

Oh my gosh... what a shock to see how he has aged. He comes across as frail and feeble.

Switzerland visited King Constantinos under the Annual Conference "Round Square" for the year 2016 hosted by both schools, the Aiglon College in Switzerland and the Stiftung Louisenlund Germany.
The Court's work in Switzerland will last until Friday, October 14 and in Germany until Sunday, October 16th.
This year's conference has a festive character after 50 years completed since its inception "Round Square".

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=8894e91a8e06a7003746aaac1b734353&oe=589BCEB6
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....959_524373781095017_5971816845467812500_o.jpg

King Constantinos as a co-founder, Patron and President of the Round Square Board gave a speech during yesterday's opening of the conference, in Switzerland.
Round Square embraces an international group of schools, which share a commitment to the educational principles of Dr Kurt Hahn.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=9be67453da84352e4338c145edea4457&oe=58996069

Yesterday, Tuesday 11th October, a simple ceremony to celebrate the 50 years since the founding of Round Square took place at Aiglon College in Switzerland where King Constantinos symbolically planted a tree in the courtyard of the college in the presence of teachers and students from various parts of the world taking part in the Conference.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=aa094f5c706ca4e97402777c6ea12094&oe=58A03989
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn....=e9358bc8e961f15fec147a5aebff6181&oe=58A506AF

:previous:A curious detail, the conference is held in the Aiglon college, which is a school that belongs to the network of schools of Round square, PRINCESS TATIANA STUDIED AT AIGLON COLLEGE:cool::cool::p;)

I think the same, but I do not think he thought , when he was young....I think it has more relation with that, since 1974, the Greek authorities do not recognize that he won a gold medal at the Rome Olympics representing to Greece, his country.

I have come to read website about Olympics that say that two were members of the boat crew that won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Rome, Odysseus Eskidioglou and George Zaimis and exclude Constantine, when the crew of Dragon class is 3 people.:bang::bang:

When were the Olympics in Athens in 2004, Constantine was not as Olympic medalist for Greece.:bang:

I think that his emotional answer to this phrase : "what they do not know the Greeks is the great effort that the athletes make to win a medal representing to their country:ohmy:, and how sad it is that the authorities do not recognize the merit or effort:nonono:". Who knows if this had been his words if the tears and the effort to contain it, would not have prevented it:whistling:.

However it is a recognition, he was there:flowers:He won the gold medal representing Greece and that is evidence, now the authorities recognize it .:kingdomofgreece::greeceflag2:

Queen Anne-Marie is who takes care of the King, I read this in an interview in March, she is Queen, wife and nurse. God save the King's health, I think he needs it

So if I understand this correctly the government or Greek Olympic Committee is refusing to recognize an Olympic Gold Medalist because he is the former monarch?:ohmy: AFAIK King Constantine did not cheat or do anything to have the IOC remove his medal, so IMHO it's wrong for the nation to not acknowledge his efforts and gold medal.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom