King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round Square is very important for King Constantino and Queen Anna Maria, I have been reading students' comments, and they are very beautiful and of admiration, I can understand that the King has traveled to this event, obviously this is very important for them. I like this organization of schools, their jobs, solidarity among students, teamwork, I like ....

These photos are more pleasant, you can see the king smiling.??

I have read that in the list of guests, to 70th wedding anniversary of the Queen Elizabeth and the Prince Philip were invited the Kings of Greece, Constantine and Anne-Marie(Prince Philip is of the royal family) , I know that there are no images, but I am pleased to know that the king have been in that event . I see that the King walks with great difficulty , it is obvious that he can not walk well, his health does not accompany him, that's why I am happy to think that he has been there ??

I adore this picture, the Queen cutting the new year's cake, and those two pictures in the background, I love the picture of Queen Federica.

I have been reading in a facebook group, this news and was accompanied by a short biography of this travel writer, Patrick Leigh Fermor, Sir Patrick Michael (1915-2011). He was fighting against the Nazis in Crete, Greece, In the Second World War, even participated in the kidnapping of the Nazi governor of the island.:)Well for the Queen, we should thank to those who helped us.?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen King Constantine or Queen Anne-Marie at the Olympics this year? I haven't seen many photos of the dignitaries, but they usually attend.

Has anyone seen King Constantine or Queen Anne-Marie at the Olympics this year? I haven't seen many photos of the dignitaries, but they usually attend.

I would not be surprised if the King and Queen have postponed their visit, with a view to the situation in Denmark with the King's brother in law Prince Henrik.

I wondered about that, although if Frederik didn't postpone, I can't imagine they would.

I would not be surprised if the King and Queen have postponed their visit, with a view to the situation in Denmark with the King's brother in law Prince Henrik.

I doubt the King and Queen are in Korea for the Olympics. Constantine is not in the best of health and traveling to Asia may be too arduous for him. Of course, now with Henrik's poor prognosis, any thought of travel other than to Denmark, is out of the question.

The King is not able for travelling to Korea.
Ten years ago I could never imagine that Queen Ingrid's son in law were so frail. and her daughters are nursing them.

One would forget it but Henrik and Constantine are brothers-in-law. And their other brother (Richard zy Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg) has already left. The old generation really has reached frailty: Juan Carlos, Jean, Constantine, Philip, Henrik. The ladies sweem strong.

Considering Jean and Philip are pushing 100, they don’t look too bad imo. Constantine seems to have health problems other than just old age.

Posts that were discussing King Albert only have been removed. Please stay on topic of this thread. Thank you!

First, King Constantine has not gone to the Olympic Games, I know this, because in October when there was, here in Athens a reception of the Korean ambassador for the lighting of the Olympic flame, the ambassador invited the King, but the King did not went to the event, He did not intend to travel to Korea .King Constantine has limited his presence to the events of Round Squared School and the sailing federation (only if this is celebrated in Europe.). At the end of January, I saw to him, in Porto Heli, he still walks but has many pains while walking, it was obvious. He is very well of memory , he has no memory problems, but physics has many problems and these prevent his mobility.

Last edited:
The king Constantine was intervened in 2009, bypass valve at heart. He has circulation problems, one of his legs has given him many problems when walking and this has been causing him pain, this problem has been intensified the times. That leg is obvious that causes great pains when he walks. He has a hard time walking and he does it with a cane and a person. These pains have caused the king to walk inclined (this could be bone problems, I do not know, I don´t medical, I am speaking about I read and see. I have seen that the persons who use cane and suffer pain tend to lean over time when walking). King Constantine did not have a stroke, a greek tabloid published that he had been in the hospital for this problem, however, the King was in the hospital making his annual review of heart, a statement was published to disprove the news. The description given by the greek tabloid did not correspond to reality. A proof of it , a few weeks later the king was in an act in Denmark and spoke with the press.

Last edited:
:previous:
Stef, i've read on a MB that Constantine is in a wheelchair at times because of his difficulty walking, is this true?

I saw him at the end of January, and he was walking with difficulty, and a week later I read in the press that he had been in Spetses praying in the church, he had come walking. He was walking with great difficulty and many pains, especially when going up stairs, he suffers a lot. However, if he uses a wheelchair at home, or sometimes, I can not discard this. I would not be surprised to see the king in a wheelchair , I would see it right, if it allows him to move without pain, even I think it would be right. In private is possible that he uses it, it have to be more confort to him( I don´t doubt it).

Will King Constantine be able to attend Prince Henrik's funeral?

Will King Constantine be able to attend Prince Henrik's funeral?

Pain when walking affects all elderly, some, like His Majesty, at a far earlier stage than others, but there is a plethora of movement aid to be had nowadays, he will not miss this very sad occasion on that account, I'm sure. His general health however, might prevent him from attending, but I am quite convinced it won't, as paying his respects to his late brother-in-law and the DRF will outweigh his own discomforts on that one day.

he was at 80th birthday of King Juan Carlos at 6th january , in Madrid, it was a private event in Zarzuela Palace. No photos of guests, because it was a private and familiar event, but spanish press published the guests and King constantine and Queen anna-Marie were btween guests.
But as Stef says, he has problems walking and for example he was not at King Michael's funeral, nor to King Harald's birthday by those problems, I think he will go to Denmark and present his condolences to the family, but I think if funeral is a public event, with protocols...., I personally think he will be in denmark, but no in funeral, but if it is a private funeral, without big protocols, I think he will be present.

Pain when walking affects all elderly, some, like His Majesty, at a far earlier stage than others, but there is a plethora of movement aid to be had nowadays, he will not miss this very sad occasion on that account, I'm sure. His general health however, might prevent him from attending, but I am quite convinced it won't, as paying his respects to his late brother-in-law and the DRF will outweigh his own discomforts on that one day.
I agree with You, he will be at funeral.The funeral
Will be prívate.

Last edited:
The King seems to be quite frail. He was hardly walking today.

Last edited:
Thanks Stef, you were right in everything you said.

He is fragile when walking, but, obviously, he is very strong, because he has on the way out of the church, he was behind Queen Marguerite.
He has stood for a long time, on the steps of the cathedral, his car has been the last of the Danish royal family

Hard to see him walking.... it looked so difficult for him... I felt for him

Thanks Stef, you were right in everything you said.

He is fragile when walking, but, obviously, he is very strong, because he has on the way out of the church, he was behind Queen Marguerite.
He has stood for a long time, on the steps of the cathedral, his car has been the last of the Danish royal family

I said that he has problems walking, he has a person who helps him, an assistant, 2 years ago, that is not new. I knew he was going to be in Denmark , he has serious mobility problems but otherwise he is fine( If the King would not have bad his legs, he would not have had his problems of mobility, he would be fine but ...) .I have greeted and talked with the King in Porto Xeli one month ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom