The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Nobility

I think Marie Chantal would have to have shared a photo on her instagram of her mother- in- law, saying, "Happy Birthday to my mother- in -law", at other times she has published pictures of Anne-Marie and Constantine . This would have been a nice touch.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Nobility

i read at Billed Bladet, danish magazine , that at dinner 70 birthday of Queen Anne-Marie, were 50 guests .It was private and family

Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 AM

It's a shame we didn't see some kind of gala event to mark Her Majesty's 70th but I'm sure that the celebrations she had were welcome and what she wanted. Though how she is 70 I don't know. She doesn't look a day over 50!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

King Konstantinos and Queen Anna-Maria, attend yesterday at the Zappeion Peristyle event the Greek Olympic Committee to honor the Greek team that competed at the Rio Olympics.

Ο βασιλιάς Κωνσταντίνος στην εκδήλωση της ΕΟΕ στο Ζάππειο Μ*γαρο ‹ The Royal Chronicles
Old 09-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Nobility

Did you watch the video?
He is really devastated by his illness, I did not know that he has suffered so many strokes.
He could barely speak...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Since King Constantine was operated of heart ,he is very sensitive, when he has to talk about Greece..... he can not suppress his tears. for him the event was very important, he also won an Olympic medal.

I can understand the emotion of King Constantine in these events, after so many years, he is being recognized as an Olympic medal and is being treated as what he is, a Greek, because the King is a Greek, born in Greece, his parents had Greek passport, his great-grandfather created the Greek state, his ancestors were heads of state and heads of the Greek armies ..... I can understand the feelings of a King when he is recognized what he is and always will be, a GREEK.
In the documentary about the life of King Paul also he could not suppress tears and could hardly give the speech, and the same in his golden wedding.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

The video is creepy. the King is really weak It cost him a lot of talking. Does anyone know what is the disease?
Old 09-20-2016, 11:38 AM

The King is clearly suffering from ill health but I wonder if this was simply His Majesty being very emotional and finding it difficult to speak through tears rather than any kind of speech impediment caused by an illness? Certainly if the latter is the case, he has declined in health very quickly.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

He was operated in 2009 of heart, has reason Stef, from this operation , he is very emotional when he speaks in public, in the speech of presentation of documentary of King Paul came to pass something similar, he wanted to speak but could not, tears prevented it, and in his golden wedding were his sons who read the speech. His grandfather King Constantine I, also depreciated quite walked with a cane and leaned forward, I imagine that these are problems of the bones). from 2 years ago, he walks helped by cane and a person. And until 2003 he was a heavy smoker, this is also very important.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh my God what a shocking video. He is so weak. He should have suffered from strokes, he could not speak. I presume feelings should be very strong at this moment , the film of his life should have passed in his eyes.
Young and handsome Crown Prince, winning a precious medal for his country.
Having a fairy tale wedding with a fairy tale Princess
Only a few years after chassed from his country.
Deposited as King
Non allowed to return for more than twenty years and agressed when he returned back
And now invited to honour, finally recognised, at least to one field of his might best success.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Nobility

I think the same, but I do not think he thought , when he was young....I think it has more relation with that, since 1974, the Greek authorities do not recognize that he won a gold medal at the Rome Olympics representing to Greece, his country.

I have come to read website about Olympics that say that two were members of the boat crew that won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Rome, Odysseus Eskidioglou and George Zaimis and exclude Constantine, when the crew of Dragon class is 3 people.

When were the Olympics in Athens in 2004, Constantine was not as Olympic medalist for Greece.

I think that his emotional answer to this phrase : "what they do not know the Greeks is the great effort that the athletes make to win a medal representing to their country, and how sad it is that the authorities do not recognize the merit or effort". Who knows if this had been his words if the tears and the effort to contain it, would not have prevented it.

However it is a recognition, he was thereHe won the gold medal representing Greece and that is evidence, now the authorities recognize it .

Queen Anne-Marie is who takes care of the King, I read this in an interview in March, she is Queen, wife and nurse. God save the King's health, I think he needs it
Old 09-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

We must not forget that both HMs parents died in their 60s which he, perhaps thanks to modern medicine, has long passed!
Still I think the clip was rather an example of his emotions (this was an official event aired on greek television and he was part of it!) than his frailty.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
We must not forget that both HMs parents died in their 60s which he, perhaps thanks to modern medicine, has long passed!
Still I think the clip was rather an example of his emotions (this was an official event aired on greek television and he was part of it!) than his frailty.

I tend to agree. If anyone saw his interview at Greek Sky channel in June, he sounded much the same -without the emotion.
He clearly has orthopedic problems, and then respiratory issues as a result of being a chain smoker for years. But I doubt there's something extremely and urgently worrisome in his situation.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I just realised that both his parents died at 63-64 years. Very early.
As for the King he should have strokes. His difficulty to speak it not because of the heart
Old 09-21-2016, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Frandesacs2003 your diagnosis is exaggerated, if he would has those problems, he would not be in that event. In the interview of Skai he has same voice, and could not walk .
But I want to remember another time, it was in his wedding anniversary, September 18, 2014, Alexia, Nikolaos and Philippos had to read the speech written by his father, King Constantine could not read it, because tears prevented it . This is moment

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lWs2qNqDMD...600/alexia.jpg
Old 09-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Oh my gosh... what a shock to see how he has aged. He comes across as frail and feeble.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Switzerland visited King Constantinos under the Annual Conference "Round Square" for the year 2016 hosted by both schools, the Aiglon College in Switzerland and the Stiftung Louisenlund Germany.
The Court's work in Switzerland will last until Friday, October 14 and in Germany until Sunday, October 16th.
This year's conference has a festive character after 50 years completed since its inception "Round Square".

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...53&oe=589BCEB6
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...67812500_o.jpg

King Constantinos as a co-founder, Patron and President of the Round Square Board gave a speech during yesterday's opening of the conference, in Switzerland.
Round Square embraces an international group of schools, which share a commitment to the educational principles of Dr Kurt Hahn.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...57&oe=58996069

Yesterday, Tuesday 11th October, a simple ceremony to celebrate the 50 years since the founding of Round Square took place at Aiglon College in Switzerland where King Constantinos symbolically planted a tree in the courtyard of the college in the presence of teachers and students from various parts of the world taking part in the Conference.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...94&oe=58A03989
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...81&oe=58A506AF
Old 10-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

A curious detail, the conference is held in the Aiglon college, which is a school that belongs to the network of schools of Round square, PRINCESS TATIANA STUDIED AT AIGLON COLLEGE
Old 10-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Nobility

King constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are in Louisenlund, German. Round Square.
photo(1) King Constantine, Prince Alexander of Sheleswing-Holstein, Dr. Peter Rsner , Queen Anne-Marie, Dr. Roff Manter, Princess Ingerborg of Sheleswing-Holstein, Catherine Donovan Marie, Marie-Alix Herzogin of Shleswing- Holstein.

https://scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...2a&oe=58A715B7
https://scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...39&oe=586C98A2
Old 10-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

The Kings are in Stiftung Louisenlund?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiftung_Louisenlund