The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
I do hope and pray he gets well.. The ties of the family to Greece will be near non-existent in the era after Constantine; all Greek monarchists have an extra reason to wish him all best!
Apart from the fact that I love him dearly and hope he pulls through this one with flying colours, I have to agree with you.
The Greek Royal family will cease to exist in its present form when the new generation takes over. Even the staunchest of monarchists do not have the affection for the children that they have for K C & Q AM.
Still the King is not an old man and I am certain he gets the best care available. I am happy he continues with his plans and lives his life normally waiting for the operation.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you.
The Kings of Greece represent the monarchical ideology in Greece, for the monarchists and not monarchists, after them nothing.

Costantine and Anne Marie personify ideals. Their children have this ideals, but they don´t personify it.
Returning to the disease, it was discovered several months ago when he made his annual health checkup, after consultation it with his medical staff they decided that the intervention should be done now because their health is good and this decreases the risk.
When he traveled to Crete at Easter vacation, he knew he was sick.
This is good news because it means that his heart is not yet affected by the disease

Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

I imagine that King is into hospital, tomorrow will be the intervention. I hope all goes well, I wish him much luck .... Good luck! KING Constantine
Old 05-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
I agree with you.
Returning to the disease, it was discovered several months ago when he made his annual health checkup, after consultation it with his medical staff they decided that the intervention should be done now because their health is good and this decreases the risk.
When he traveled to Crete at Easter vacation, he knew he was sick.
This is good news because it means that his heart is not yet affected by the disease
Exactly, this kind of disease (that requires a bypass) has a gradual progression. As sooner as better as the heart pressure is under control.

In my mother's case I was told that from a moment the pressure goes out of control and then the operation is really difficult...

Indeed, bypass is a routine operation and in case the patient has good general health, everything will be OK!!!

However, the valve replacement is serious...that means that the valve is totally inadequate to function properly and the only solution is to replace it with a technical valve...

In my mother's case, her valve was inadequate 2/4, that is 50%, and the surgeon prefered to keep her own but he did "plastic surgery" on it. Now her general condition is good but sometimes her valves are inadequate 2/4, yes after the operation the other valves started functioning inadequately...
Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

The best of luck for King Constantine. May he have a good and quick recovery.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Any news on how it goes..?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Give it time, the operation may not have happened yet!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

they usually schedule them for the morning; it’s 2.00 pm London time now, so there’s a chance it might be over. But who knows..
Old 05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
they usually schedule them for the morning; it’s 2.00 pm London time now, so there’s a chance it might be over. But who knows..
Interesting. Here in the U.S., they schedule the surgery as early in the morning as possible. Apparently, people tend to bleed less at the crack of dawn.

My father had the same surgery a few years ago. The surgery itself took only an hour or two, but he was unconscious in intensive care for at least a day. Once he woke up and got off the respirator, he was up and around quickly and home in about a week. (And he was in his 80s.)

In any case, they probably won't have much to say about King Constantine's condition unless late today or tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Everything goes ok till now (9.31, greek time) with the operation of HM King Constantine.

I think this goes well, Kalnel is right, we will not have a press release until he get out of intensive care.
After this intervention the patient should remain around 24 hours in intensive care.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

News:
PRESS RELEASE OF THE QUEEN ANA MARIA:

Queen Ana Maria has just issued a statement.
The intervention was a success and she has thanked all those who expressed concern for the state of health of her husband.

The statement::

"My family and I want to thank the public and the medical team and staff of Wellington Hospital by a successful surgery and the care given to my husband.
Thanks especially to Professor Gilles Dreyfus and George Dagka, anesthesiologist Sein George and the doctors Mr. John Frouso, and John Roberts.
We also want to thank everyone who expressed interest in developing the health of my husband. The desires that come from Greece and other parts of the world, we feel grateful.
Anna-Marie B. "
Old 05-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

The release is now reported on the official website
Last night, I found the statement by the Queen in the Greek language, and I translated it, but this morning the official website of the Royal Family has published a communiqué in English, it includes the release of the doctor.

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media
Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's a very good news!
I wonder what does the B letter following the signature of the Queen mean...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

It's an R for Regina, which is Latin for Queen.

Josette
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

I'm so happy to hear the good news regarding King Constantine. He and Queen Anne-Marie are two of my favorite royals. They carry themselves with a tremendous amount of grace under very difficult circumstances.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
That's a very good news!
I wonder what does the B letter following the signature of the Queen mean...
The press release in Greek is "B" and the press release in English is "R".

In the Greek text, the "B" may be "Queen", because in greek "Queen" is "Basilissa". I think the English "R" is a mistake ... Latin, I think that it is not
Old 05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Gentry

Wink to BELTRANEJA

The R in the English release is indeed for Regina, the Latin word for Queen! As for the names of the doctors, among others is mentioned John Fruchaud, not Frouso, a well-known cardiologist, who happens to be the husband of Princess Tatiana Radziwill, cousin to the King, since she is the daughter of Princess Eugenie of Greece.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I am really pleased to hear that his surgery went well. The Miami Herald has an article about it:

Former Greek king has heart operation in London - World AP - MiamiHerald.com
Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

thank you!! it is true, the doctor is the husband of Princess Tatiana .I haven´t thought it.
always good to have a doctor in the family.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great news! Best wishes to the King for a speedy recovery.

Closed Thread

Tags
anne marie, constantine ii, king constantine ii, queen anne marie