King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 4: October 2008 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I've no idea where the concert took place exactly..

King Constantine gave an interview to Sir David Frost, he
also commented on the current events in Greece.
Here's a link that also includes a video link:

----> greekroyalfamily.gr

:previous: Thank you Iceflower. I could not open the interview but read the summary. I suppose he was as general and diplomatic as possible, answering the questions about the recent events.:flowers:

I wish you could see it,Odette!!It was really interesting.I'll choose a suggestion he made,that might be considered as political:he encouraged all the political parties to act united during the crisis!!Maybe it's not political,but that's how I saw it.He also impressed me by using so many "we":"We have a strong democracy",we we we!!

"Skt. Annæ pigekor" is a danish choir and they gave a chrismasconcert in Copenhagen. They are one of princess Benedikte many "projects".
Behind queen Anne-Marie is prince Gustavs girlfriend Carina Axelson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you could see it,Odette!!It was really interesting.I'll choose a suggestion he made,that might be considered as political:he encouraged all the political parties to act united during the crisis!!Maybe it's not political,but that's how I saw it.He also impressed me by using so many "we":"We have a strong democracy",we we we!!

They transmitted the interview on Greek TV? I suppose trying to unite all political parties in Greece is an impossible dream but stilll.....One can always hope. I am happy he uses the WE since he must still feel like he belongs to Greece, even if most in Greece feel otherwise.
I was struck by the date of the interview Dec 13 has special meaning for the GRF.:flowers:

No,they didn't.I opened Iceflower's link (by the way,great job,Ice!!).I wonder why you can't open it.Anyway,do you think that he chose December 13 (there's a strong connection between the 2 periods) or it just happened?
PS.The last royal interview on Greek TV was that of Irene to Stavros Theodorakis on STAR channel.Constantine gave an interview to Elisabeth Filippouli on NET (you can find parts of it on YouTube).

I couldn´t open the site for the interview, but I´m sure King Constantine feels strongly in his heart about all those things happening in Greece at the moment.
Do any of you know if they´ll have a 2008 Christmas card?

I posted the note below in Fanart etc. but I received no answer so I am also posting it here.

have you noticed that in all the videos we have seen of him, Constantin refuses to kiss or at least touch people when they come close to him in order to touch him???

I wonder why...

You are not get angry by it...

I have not received Christmas card 2008, other years it came to my mail in early December, but I have not received it yet.

I think that it is by the problems of Greece.
This is very bad.
Karamanlis has said that if the riots do not stop he will declare a state of siege, that is, the army will act to disband it.
Nearly a month of unrest at a time when important for tourism and traders...???
And now are on strike the state officials, the country is very bad but very bad ....

I posted the note below in Fanart etc. but I received no answer so I am also posting it here.

have you noticed that in all the videos we have seen of him, Constantin refuses to kiss or at least touch people when they come close to him in order to touch him???

I wonder why...

I have seen pictures of the King hugging and kissing people. Once I remember embracing and kissing Queen Silvia of Sweden at his 50th birthday party. There are pictures of him holding Queen Elizabeth's hand and exchanging a kiss with her. There are others but I have to look in mags to find them.
Perhaps he only embraces people he knows and likes?

There's absolutely no worry,BELTRANEJA!A military interference would mean the end of this government,so they would never do that.Nobody needs weapons and tanks to stop 16 year old kids from protesting after all...It's almost 2009,not 1973 (I'm sure many of you know what I mean!).

Iakanty, the state of siege was declared in Greece last year to tackle the fires ...
but to use the army in this issue has some negative consequences, I think.
This is my opinion, Greece lives tourism, the image of the army in the streets is bad publicity for tourism.

I think that military intervention will aggravate the situation with students and unions.
Karamanlis is not going to resign.But I think Papandreou is not the right person to solve the economic crisis in Greece​

Ok,now I see what you mean.And I agree with your comment about George Papandreou,but we're getting into pilitical discussion,so let's leave it here :flowers::flowers:

I have seen pictures of the King hugging and kissing people. Once I remember embracing and kissing Queen Silvia of Sweden at his 50th birthday party. There are pictures of him holding Queen Elizabeth's hand and exchanging a kiss with her. There are others but I have to look in mags to find them.
Perhaps he only embraces people he knows and likes?

Thank you for the prompt answer!

However, I especially talk about commoners not royals:ermm:.

If you notice at videos, Constantin avoids being kissed by his people, greek commoners who believe in monarchy.

Maybe he avoids beeing misinterpretend, especially if he is visiting Greece.

Camila stalker Forget everything I said. I would not have reached the card christmas but I've read that this has come some people, this is the picture of graduation Prince Philippos

Thank you for the prompt answer!

However, I especially talk about commoners not royals:ermm:.

If you notice at videos, Constantin avoids being kissed by his people, greek commoners who believe in monarchy.

Now I understand what you were saying. However it is very difficult for me to remember if I ever saw King Juan Carlos or King Carl Gustav hugging and kissing commoners in the country they are Kings of.
For our King it must be even more difficult. :flowers:

Does anyone know if the recent protests and riots in Athens have to do anything with the fact that Constantine's family spent this Christmas quiet?At least,do we know if they stayed in London?
I'm looking forward to reading the new Life & Style issue.Two more days to go!!

I do not believe we had any group photos in the last few years during Christmas holidays. I expect to see them in Gstaad next month. There will probably be photos of them in the February issue of Life & Style.

The Kings of Greece have been with their children Princes Filipos and Teodora in Gstaad, they have received the new year in the snow. I have read in the section of Prince Nikolaos that Tatiana and the Prince also has been, but I have not found photos of the Kings and their two children.

I don´t know, if the Prince Pavlo and MC were in Gstaad , I read an interview of Pavlo in december 1997 where he said that they passed the christmas one year with his parents and other year they passed the christmas with the family of MC, they alternated every year, I have calculated it:
if Pavlo and Mc were in 2006, in Christmas,in Denmark.
The following year, 2007 , the Christmas with the MIller
This year 2008, the Christmas with the Kings of Greece and the New Year with the Miller,
In conclusion, they haven´t been in Gstaad

Well.
I have read a lot Agatha Chistie and sherlock Holmes...and by it, I can have this deduction.
In the same interview (1997),Pavlo said would received in the New year in Australia with his parents-in-law .. and years after a magazine, I think it was "semana",it published photos of Pavlo and MC, they received the new year with the Miller sisters in Thailand, I think it was Thailand.
In conclusion to The Millers like to receive the year with the heat.
If we think about the political situation in Thailand and its peripheral countries .. I believe that Australia, Australian is the country

Yes,I think you've got a good point here.Many times in the past Pavlos and his family have spent Christmas in tropical places ;) Of course,Australia is not a tropical country,but it's summer there now and thus,it suits their taste.So,yes,I think it's very possible that they went there :flowers:

Trust me I live in Queensland( where it happens to be 30 degrees Celsius on a good day) Australia is a Tropical Country!

Well.
I have read a lot Agatha Chistie and sherlock Holmes...and by it, I can have this deduction.
In the same interview (1997),Pavlo said would received in the New year in Australia with his parents-in-law .. and years after a magazine, I think it was "semana",it published photos of Pavlo and MC, they received the new year with the Miller sisters in Thailand, I think it was Thailand.
In conclusion to The Millers like to receive the year with the heat.
If we think about the political situation in Thailand and its peripheral countries .. I believe that Australia, Australian is the country

Pavlos celebrated christmas in Australia in 1997 as he and his father-in-law Robert Miller competed in the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race in Robert Miller's boat the Mari-Cha IV. The race starts from Sydney on December 26th. They only competed that one time, after the race they returned to Sydney picked up the rest of the family and sailed around the Whitsunday islands in North Queensland. ( There was an article about this somewhere)
They weren't in Australia over Christmas, had they been here it would have made the news, the Princess Mary connection you see. Pavlos-Frederik-Mary.

Yes,I think you've got a good point here.Many times in the past Pavlos and his family have spent Christmas in tropical places ;) Of course,Australia is not a tropical country,but it's summer there now and thus,it suits their taste.So,yes,I think it's very possible that they went there :flowers:

North Queensland is tropical, Australia has all kinds of climates, from snow to the tropics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,thanks for the information,Charlotte :flowers:

The official website has changed.
:
The cover photo is the Christmas greeting, the graduation of Prince Philippos.
Ç ÅëëçíéêÞ ÂáóéëéêÞ ÏéêïãÝíåéá - ÊåíôñéêÞ Óåëßäá

In the Greek version, it has two news:
The first, it is of the day of January 16:
Ç ÅëëçíéêÞ ÂáóéëéêÞ ÏéêïãÝíåéá - ÊÝíôñï Ôýðïõ

The Kings were greeted in Athens by current Archbishop of
Athens and Greece.

The second day is January 17, the Kings traveled to Falaisias, in Arcadia, this was one of the areas most affected by the fires of the summer of 2007.They made the formal delivery of rescue equipment Vehicles of fire, the aid was effective in 2007, now it was the delivery formal.They visited the area and monastery of Panagia, and a camp for homeless people.
Ç ÅëëçíéêÞ ÂáóéëéêÞ ÏéêïãÝíåéá - ÊÝíôñï Ôýðïõ

It seems that the reconstruction is very fast.

About the second link:Constantine and Anna-Maria met the current Archibishop,Ieronymos,in Athens,on January 16,at 12 o'clock.They wanted to congratulate him for his election (which,by the way,took place in February 2008).

Does anyone know what happened to Afroessa,the yacht Constantine bought for Anna-Maria in 2006,at her 60th birthday?Is it in Porto Heli waiting for their next summer vacation?Did they sell it?Any information?

Thanks for the photo, Florencia! Queen Anne-Marie looks really beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom