King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 4: October 2008 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
News:
PRESS RELEASE OF THE QUEEN ANA MARIA:

Queen Ana Maria has just issued a statement.
The intervention was a success and she has thanked all those who expressed concern for the state of health of her husband.

The statement::

"My family and I want to thank the public and the medical team and staff of Wellington Hospital by a successful surgery and the care given to my husband.
Thanks especially to Professor Gilles Dreyfus and George Dagka, anesthesiologist Sein George and the doctors Mr. John Frouso, and John Roberts.
We also want to thank everyone who expressed interest in developing the health of my husband. The desires that come from Greece and other parts of the world, we feel grateful.
Anna-Marie B. "

Last edited by a moderator:
The release is now reported on the official website
Last night, I found the statement by the Queen in the Greek language, and I translated it, but this morning the official website of the Royal Family has published a communiqué in English, it includes the release of the doctor.

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media

That's a very good news!
I wonder what does the B letter following the signature of the Queen mean...

It's an R for Regina, which is Latin for Queen.

Josette

I'm so happy to hear the good news regarding King Constantine. He and Queen Anne-Marie are two of my favorite royals. They carry themselves with a tremendous amount of grace under very difficult circumstances.

That's a very good news!
I wonder what does the B letter following the signature of the Queen mean...

The press release in Greek is "B" and the press release in English is "R".

In the Greek text, the "B" may be "Queen", because in greek "Queen" is "Basilissa". I think the English "R" is a mistake ... Latin, I think that it is not:nonono:

to BELTRANEJA

The R in the English release is indeed for Regina, the Latin word for Queen! As for the names of the doctors, among others is mentioned John Fruchaud, not Frouso, a well-known cardiologist, who happens to be the husband of Princess Tatiana Radziwill, cousin to the King, since she is the daughter of Princess Eugenie of Greece.;)

thank you!! it is true, the doctor is the husband of Princess Tatiana .I haven´t thought it.
always good to have a doctor in the family.

Great news! Best wishes to the King for a speedy recovery.

It´s great to know that all went well for King Constantine. May he continue to improve and be back to normal activities soon.

Thank you for sharing the photos! Prince Pavlos looks really worried in the picture, as does Queen Sofia; however, all reports are that Constantine is fine. Hopefully, the photographers just caught them during a strange moment.

Is the King still in hospital? If so, when will he be discharged?

Is the King still in hospital? If so, when will he be discharged?

One would expect at least a one week stay. In the US the hospital would keep a patient that long. It all depends on his progress.

It must have been a long day -- the family looks exhausted. It was nice that Sophia and Irene came to London for the surgery. From the earliest pictures, Constantine's sisters have always appeared very devoted to him.

Naturally they would all be very concerned and worried about the King :nonono: but hopefully his recovery will go well. I've known several people who have had similar surgeries and they've made great recoveries in fairly short periods of time. Best wishes to all the family.

I wish the King a speedy recovery with his health. I also wish the best for the family. :flowers:
x

The website of the Greek royal family has announced that King Constantine has been officially discharged from the intensive care unit and is recovering in his room at the hospital:

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media

I believe he may not go to Danemark for Prince Henrik 75 's birthday ?

It is a good news.He will not can travel over a long period of time.He will not be in birthday in Denmark.

Is there any knowledge whether he´s in good terms with Hendrik? Because I don´t think they have so much in common

Is there any knowledge whether he´s in good terms with Hendrik? Because I don´t think they have so much in common
You've asked a question then answered it.
Do you have any evidence to suggest they "don't...have so much in common"?
They both have or had an interest in sailing, so that's something in common for starters.

So Henrik won't have his two brothers in -law.
Benedikte 's husband I'm afraid is ill since a long time.
I know that Richard von S.B. did not appréciate the amount of Hendrik's décorations.

Well, f.i. Constantine seems to be more of a fan with family-life and children since he´s got five and Hendrik "only" two (and I always have the feeling that he and Margrethe love and loved each other more than they love their sons)
Hendrik rides and loves his dogs, I´ve never seen Constantine even owning one
Have rarely seen photos where C + H interact together
Did C attend H+M´s wedding? - as far as I know Anne-Marie didn´t because of the birth of Pavlos a few weeks before
Is Constantine one of H´s sons´ godfather or other way round?
I find it informative that C had his surgery shortly before H´s 75th birthday -maybe a good excuse for not be able to attend......
Well just my opinion that they seem not to have to say much to each other

I´m so very glad that King Constantine is already on the mend. His family were so worried, which is natural, before or after any operation.
As for him having "nothing in common" with Prince Henrik, I never heard or read about such a thing!!!!

I find it informative that C had his surgery shortly before H´s 75th birthday -maybe a good excuse for not be able to attend......
You're suggesting the King scheduled serious heart bypass surgery in order to avoid a birthday party??? :wacko:
Oh please Stefanie, I know you are very fond of claiming unknown-to-anyone-else family ructions, but don't insult our intelligence.

King Constantin and Queen Anne-Marie were not alllowed to assist at Margarete and Henrik's wedding. The King and Queen of Danemark and of course Anne-marie were very sad because the Danish RF was always so warmful. There is a such a beautiful picture of the King of Danemark welcoming his youngest daughter with open arms at the Copenhagen Airport.
C and AM assisted at Benedikte's wedding and later at the 3 Danes's royal weddings.

Why were they not allowed to attend the marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom