The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Kings of Greece attended to the Easter Mass, Spetses, Greece

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j1PS8KAvna...ta+spetses.jpg

Mass of resurrection
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vvgnT0U50j...ia+spetses.jpg

Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royal greek couple seems to be in Oplenac (Serbia) at the funeral of Petar II, Queen Alexandra, Queen Maria and Prince Andrej.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

King Constantine II and Queen Anne Marie participated in the anual regatta of classic boats near the isle of Spetses. The couple were on board of the traditional boat Afroessa.

Grieks koningspaar doet mee aan regatta - Royalty Online - Royalty -
Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Nobility

more pictures in the anual regatta of classic boats in Spetses.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7gPkP_p2tQ...+ana+Maria.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WCDVVeKggb...co+de+roma.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OcM5N3mGKF...de+premios.jpg
Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Aristocracy

The king is in hospital:
Former King of Greece Constantine in Hospital | Greece.GreekReporter.com Latest News from Greece
Old 07-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

this afternoon, King Constantine has left Hospital in Athens, accompanied by the Queen Anne Marie. King suffered a fainting on Monday at his home in Porto Heli, and was transfered to hospital, this has been due to a simple infection urinary tract.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

How did the Greeks received the news?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Constantine in hospital

Constantine, former King of Greece rushed to hospital with heart condition - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Heart condition? I thought he was treated and released over a urinary tract infection.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Just heard, I hope he will be okay and recover.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

What would have happen if he dies in Greece ?
Happy He is going better?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Courtier

I don´t know if I understood you question correctly, but there won´t be any "official" ceremonies, a coffin cortege, lying-in-state or something like that, if that is what you might have meant by "what will happen?"
Any body of the family might be allowed to be put in the care of the monastery in Spetses, where Tatiana and Nikolaos were married, for a couple of days, where there might be an unofficial, private "lying-in-state" to give family members, friends and greek royalists the opportunity to pay their last repects. Then the coffin might being brought to the Tatoi cemetery. These things will entirely be the task of the GRF and their supporters in Greece.
But that´s all speculation! It´s just what I can think of would happen. No one will know before, and that´s perfectly o.k.
But let´s be happy indeed, everybody´s just fine and HM was under professional medical care!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Correct answer to y question Wartenberg 7 and many thanks for it . Kind regardsMO
Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

My best wishes for the recovery of King Constantine.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Heart condition? I thought he was treated and released over a urinary tract infection.
Looks like Hello mixed up the King's condition!

Glad His Majesty is doing better.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Former King of Greece released from hospital following treatment for bladder infection from Hello

Constantine, former King of Greece released from hospital following treatment for urinary tract infection - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 AM
Nobility

I found this in a greek site, here is the translation

Original selling price 6.42 million

Villa in Surrey, Britain sells the former King Constantine, according to an advertisement published in the Sunday Times.

The ad contains data about the villa as it refers to as "the English country house where the exiled king found refuge ."

According to The News, the villa has the original sales price of 5.5 million pounds, or 6.42 million.

The villa has five reception rooms, ten bedrooms, six bathrooms, swimming pool, tennis court, horses meadow and orchard area of ​​about 32 acres.

Newsbeast.gr |
Old 08-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Anne Marie said in an interview in January that they were going to live in Greece and would sell their home in London,they doesn´t used it. From april they live in Greece. In the Tatoi's memorial(in april) Constantino said they had closed their house of London.

It was one palacete of 1883. I would like that the London house would be to prince Nikolaos, but I think that Nikolaos and Tatiana in futute will not live in london, and I think that they will be the next to go live to Greece.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

It seems the King & Queen are indeed selling their home in England -

Here are the property details with Savills Estate Agents

http://ow.ly/oj9FQ
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Nobility

I have not very clear: What house is it , the house where they lived from 1974 to 1976 in Surrey, or the home of Hampstead from 1976 to now..? I have pictures of it and is different to the house of the picture. I have many doubts about the description of the home, the Kings of Greece(London) do not live in Surrey, they lived in Surrey from 1974 to 1976, but their home is in Hampstead at north of London.

Tags
anne marie, constantine ii, king constantine ii, queen anne marie