King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 4: October 2008 - February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Together with the Danish royal family Queen Anne-Marie yesterday attended the funeral of Mærsk Mckinney
Møller, a Danish shipowner and industrialist with close relations to the Danish royal family since decades.
The funeral took place in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I spotted the Kings on television attending the ceremony for lighting the olympic flame in Olympia. I am sure there will be photos in due time.

Can someone please update me on the health problems of King Constantine? I've seen or read about him three times in the recent weeks -once in the BBC tribute to Elizabeth's Jubilee, a second time in the pictures above, and a third in a blog commenting an appearance he made in Athens only yesterday, again with a stick and walking very slowy-; in all three he appears significantly different than usual with obvious health implications. It makes me really sad; -especially as I had not realized he suffers from something chronic. I know he had a heart operation 3 years ago, but I thought that was total success. I wonder what it is that causes this deterioration..
Does anyone know more..?

I do not know if the problem of the leg has relation with the heart, (I think it might be bad circulation). Regarding his physical deterioration, not deteriorated, the problem is that before,he was fat, after, the heart surgery he is thinner, because he has to walk daily 5 kilometers and maintain a diet. Before, he was fat, now, he is thin. He does not always use the stick only when going to spend much time standing. When he is in Porto Heli, he goes for a walk with his wife, walk five kilometers every day. They are today in Porto Heli

Last edited:
Posts regarding the King, Queen and members of the Royal Family in London during the Olympics period should be posted in the Royals Who Are Attending thread in the Olympics Forum and not duplicated here.

thanks
:)
Warren

I hadn't seen this before:

Αποκαλυπτική συνέντευξη του τέως βασιλιά Κωνσταντίνου στο CNN!eglimatikotita.gr

It's from the King's appearance at Cnn in spring. He looks nothing like what he did a few years ago -I don't mean the facial characteristics, but the flow of speech and especially the voice.. Does that have to do as well with the heart disease of King Constantine? Has it affected his voice and speaking? Does any one if it's getting better gradually..?

I believe that King Constantine is shown in the last interviews given, when he speaks of his country, Greece, very melancholy, sad ..He avoids tears and this changes the voice. I do not think this is for his heart problem.

A friend of mine told me she saw him this summer in the island of Spetses. He was carrying a stick and walked supported by a nurse. Unfortunately he looked very bad. I'm convinced now that there is more to his problems than what they publicly admit. I think the change in his voice is also a result of that.
I sincerely wish him all best, from the heart

Pics and information about King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie attending the wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy can be found and should be posted at our extra threads at the Luxembourg subforum! Thanks for your understanding!

Together with her sisters and Prince Henrik, Queen Anne-Marie has attended the premiere of the Nutcracker in Copenhagen yesterday evening, November 23. Queen Margrethe had designed the costumes for the ballet.

** Pic **

More pics and information can be found here!

thanks by pictures, they were wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p

Αny news on how King Constantine is holding?
In the Christmas picture of this year he looks sadly aged, compared to last year's..
I hope he recovers this year from whatever troubles he has.

I think that not all people age well. King Constantine has problems in his leg, making it difficult to walk, he was using a cane. But I can not forget of the King Paul, he always looked older , than he actually was ....I mean that the parents of King Constantine appeared older than they really were, we can not require the king a better state of conservation.:bang: I think he is in good health,one example was at the openingof the museum of Valentino in London.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ibrC0S-GH...VU/s1600/rey+constantino+y+su+nieta+mayor.jpg

Last edited:
I think that not all people age well. King Constantine has problems in his leg, making it difficult to walk, he was using a cane. But I can not forget of the King Paul, he always looked older , than he actually was ....I mean that the parents of King Constantine appeared older than they really were, we can not require the king a better state of conservation.:bang: I think he is in good health,one example was at the openingof the museum of Valentino in London.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ibrC0S-GH...VU/s1600/rey+constantino+y+su+nieta+mayor.jpg

He does look good in that photo, despite the cane.

Queen Anne-Marie (as well as Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia and the Duke of Edinburgh) attended the funeral of Princess Margarita of Baden at the St Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in London today, January 24, 2013. Margarita was one of three children of Prince Berthold, Margrave of Baden, and his wife, Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** sipa gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Margarita was daughter of Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, sister of Prince Philip. Princess Theodora was second daughter of Prince Andrew and Princess Alice of greece and Denmark.

Kings Constantine and Anne-Marie, were invited to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher, by both the British Government and by the Thatcher family but they will be represented in funeral by the Prince Paul and Princess Marie Chantal:

<<The funeral of the late Baroness Thatcher

Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, were invited to the funeral of the late Baroness Thatcher, by both the British Government and by the Thatcher family.

His Majesty King Constantine asked if he could be represented by Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal, as he would be away from England on the day; the said request has been accepted.>>

WEB OFFICIAL:The funeral of the late Baroness Thatcher - Royal Greek Family

Pictures of the Kings of Greece with Margaret Tatcher in 2007: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VzvcUBOQUTU/UWxGrQVPk7I/AAAAAAAABuQ/q_G37iPyF4s/s1600/157791312.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YoY1vVEzm2s/UWwqurdh5cI/AAAAAAAABt8/bhdG01OweyU/s1600/TEACHER3.jpg

Last edited:
the Kings, constantine and Anne Marie, will come to reside permanently to Greece in the coming months, Constantine said this to reporters in early April when they went to the memorial funeral in Tatoi

Is King Constantine II now back in Greece?

Hi, I work for a media company and one of our journalists had an exclusive interview with Christos Zabounis, the official biographer of the Greek Royal Family King Constantine has returned to Greece | gbtimes. In the interview, Christos Zabounis said that the King has left London behind him and that he has settled permanently in Greece. It would be great to know if someone in this forum has heard the same information.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The kings Constantine and Anne Marie are now in Greece. the journalists have said that with motive of memorial in Tatoi, he affirmed that he will closes his house of London, he and his spouse will live permanently in porto Hely. Is it true?, I have not segurity of it, because at 2010, the newspapers published this same "interview". but I think it could be true

not an old interview

The kings Constantine and Anne Marie are now in Greece. the journalists have said that with motive of memorial in Tatoi, he affirmed that he will closes his house of London, he and his spouse will live permanently in porto Hely. Is it true?, I have not segurity of it, because at 2010, the newspapers published this same "interview". but I think it could be true

Thanks, Stef. That's really interesting because this interview was held last week, so we know it is recent. If anybody has any info to confirm this and also how the Greek people are reacting to the news, we'd be happy to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom