The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Commoner

Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
According to Constantine, he never used the Sparta title, it was mistakenly given to him by the press, but he has stated that it is incorrect to use it.
I wish what he claims was true. I have in my library a rare book of 1958 about the Royal House of Greece, edited and published officially by the Ministry of State [Υπουργείο ΠροεδρίαΣ ΚυβερνήσεωΣ] while Constantine karamanlis was Prime Minister and George Rallis Minister of State [ΥπουργόΣ ΠροεδρίαΣ ΚυβερνήσεωΣ]. In that book, Constantine was styles as "HRH, The Diadoch Constantine, Duke of Sparta", "AΒΥ, ο ΔιάδοχοΣ ΚωνσταντίνοΣ, Δούξ τηΣ ΣπάρτηΣ". This, in fact, shows that even the (right-wing) governments of the time were committing unconstitutional acts because they were fearing the wrath of Frederika. Indeed, they were peons in her hands until the democratic George Papandreou rose to power in 1964 [George Papandreou should not be confused with his son, Andreas Papandreou, Prime Minister in the 80's and 90's, nor with his grandson (and son of Andreas) George A. Papandreou, current Leader of the Opposition in the Greek Parliament.
Αnd let me add one more thing. If Constantine were respectful of the Constitution, even the one in effect before the abolition of monarchy (in 1974), he should have never allowed Mrs Marie-Chantal Miller to be styled or addressed as "royal" or "highness" or "crown princess", simply because, according to the Greek precedent, princes marrying commoners had to resign their rights to the throne, cease to be princes/royal/hignesses etc., their marriages were morganatic and their spouses retained their maiden names. For example, prince Michael's wife, a Greek commoner, Ms Marina Karella, upon her marriage to him, remained Marina Karella, he resigned his rights to the throne and his two daughters (Olga and Alexandra) are commoners and not (self-styled) princesses.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reximperatorx
I wish what he claims was true. I have in my library a rare book of 1958 about the Royal House of Greece, edited and published officially by the Ministry of State [Υπουργείο ΠροεδρίαΣ ΚυβερνήσεωΣ] while Constantine karamanlis was Prime Minister and George Rallis Minister of State [ΥπουργόΣ ΠροεδρίαΣ ΚυβερνήσεωΣ]. In that book, Constantine was styles as "HRH, The Diadoch Constantine, Duke of Sparta", "AΒΥ, ο ΔιάδοχοΣ ΚωνσταντίνοΣ, Δούξ τηΣ ΣπάρτηΣ". This, in fact, shows that even the (right-wing) governments of the time were committing unconstitutional acts because they were fearing the wrath of Frederika. Indeed, they were peons in her hands until the democratic George Papandreou rose to power in 1964 [George Papandreou should not be confused with his son, Andreas Papandreou, Prime Minister in the 80's and 90's, nor with his grandson (and son of Andreas) George A. Papandreou, current Leader of the Opposition in the Greek Parliament.
Αnd let me add one more thing. If Constantine were respectful of the Constitution, even the one in effect before the abolition of monarchy (in 1974), he should have never allowed Mrs Marie-Chantal Miller to be styled or addressed as "royal" or "highness" or "crown princess", simply because, according to the Greek precedent, princes marrying commoners had to resign their rights to the throne, cease to be princes/royal/hignesses etc., their marriages were morganatic and their spouses retained their maiden names. For example, prince Michael's wife, a Greek commoner, Ms Marina Karella, upon her marriage to him, remained Marina Karella, he resigned his rights to the throne and his two daughters (Olga and Alexandra) are commoners and not (self-styled) princesses.

If they Princesses Alexandra &Olga are not princesses of greece and denmark then why Royal Forums have a special thread about them???Ha??

Old 05-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
I simply don't change K(ωνσταντινος) with C(onstantine).I like K(onstantine)because I have a pin, K with a crown in the middle,wich is valuable to me.Greek was in fashion before Latin,so let it be K
Well, then K can stand for Konstantinos or Κωνσταντίνος, which are both correct
Old 05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reximperatorx
For example, the title of Duke of Sparta that the first King Constantine was using while a Crown Prince and was also used by the current King Constantine, former king of the Hellenes, is through and through unconstitutional
The title was also given to CP Pavlos
Old 05-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalieurduCiel
If they Princesses Alexandra &Olga are not princesses of greece and denmark then why Royal Forums have a special thread about them???Ha??
Most people who are interested in Royal Families recognise Michael, Alexandra and Olga as Princesses of Greece and Denmark, Royal Highness, and that's good enough for us. :)
Old 05-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
The title was also given to CP Pavlos
Not according to Constantine, it wasn't. He has always said that the Sparta title is not supposed to be used because it was a one-off for the first CP and wasn't meant to be used ever again (and was never supposed to be used inside Greece). The Ministry of State may have accorded the heirs this title, but according to Constantine, such an accordance is not in compliance with the constitution.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Happy birthday-wishes

Don´t know whether this is the correct message board to post but: KONSTANTIN turns 66 today.HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

I just saw konstantinos in his car at my street.He was with the guy he is always following him and i think it was Nikolaos as well.What a rush!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona
I just saw konstantinos in his car at my street.He was with the guy he is always following him and i think it was Nikolaos as well.What a rush!

You are very very lucky.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Gentry

He was in a rush,maybe because he was late for the "Black Goat"traditional sailing competition,as I read in

http://www.greekroyalfamily.gr
Old 06-13-2006, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

He was not in a rush.I saw Konstantinos at night.I was excited to see him for the first time in reality.

Probably i wrote "rush" wrong,meant with the word rush what an excitement!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Nobility

His Majesty's King Constantine's office in London will be moving to
15 Grosvenor Square

London W1K 6LD

Tel: 020 7493 8281
Fax: 020 7493 8283

Old 06-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I reed but I forgot where that the last summer the Princes of Asturias have spent some days in Corfou to be far away of "mallorquinos paparazzi " Does anybody knows the place and may be if that was in a greek royal family's house.

I can't imagine that the Queen Sophia didn't Know the greek destination of the Princes of Asturias, more in my oponion she had to help them to find a lovely and secret place in Corfou? but it's only a subjective supposition!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why his office is moving. Actually, for some reason I assumed he "worked" out of his home. Don't know why I thought that. Anyway, I wonder how many staff he has working for him (besides Nikolaos). Anyone know?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Administrator

LONDON - JULY 05: King Constantin of Greece and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece arrive at David Frost's Summer Party on July 5, 2006 in London, England

(Gettyimages)
Old 07-07-2006, 11:48 AM

Her Majesty looks so summery and beautiful. Lovely dress indeed.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
I wonder why his office is moving. Actually, for some reason I assumed he "worked" out of his home. Don't know why I thought that. Anyway, I wonder how many staff he has working for him (besides Nikolaos). Anyone know?
I know His Majesty's secretary in the office is Ms Jackie Morgan and there is also a woman who answers the phone who as a slight foreign accent.

God Save The Queen!

Old 08-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Interview with Queen Anne-Marie on SRMB

Some interesting news: She doesn´t expect Nikolaos to marry Tatiana. She will celebrate her 60th birthday in a new house in Greece. She wants to be buried in Greece. She doesn´t speak Greek that well but since they are more often in Greece during the last years it improves. She quit smoking 25 years ago, Constantin five years ago. The only smoker in the family now is Niko.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Some interesting news: She doesn´t expect Nikolaos to marry Tatiana. She will celebrate her 60th birthday in a new house in Greece. She wants to be buried in Greece. She doesn´t speak Greek that well but since they are more often in Greece during the last years it improves. She quit smoking 25 years ago, Constantin five years ago. The only smoker in the family now is Niko.
The facts are from the interview in this week's edition of Billed Bladet (number 31, 3. august, 2006), where Anne-Marie sat down with the same journalist (Anna Johannesen) as she did for her 50th birthday, on occasion of her 60th.

Quote:
Journalist: Both your sisters have gray hair

Anne-Marie: Yes, but there is something called colouring. And then it is up to the individual what one wants to do, and I don't want to have gray hair yet. Or show that I have. So my hair is the only thing that isn't natural.

Quote:
Anne-Marie: Now that my mother's palace is being renovated for the Crown Prince couple, Benedikte and I have moved into Christian VIII's palace. She has a flat in the pavillion building between Amaliegade and the Palace Square and I have taken over Prince Joachim's old flat in the side building. It's not completely done yet, so until autumn I'm living in the rooms in Frederik VIII's palace where the court marschal and court manager used to live. But it will be nice to have my own. So that I can go home and close my door when I want to.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

The Anna Maria foundation donated 50000 euros to the (greek) fire brigade and new vehicules were bought.The former king and queen were there.

Closed Thread