The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

We're talking about her wardrobe, not her face.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
THere is a certain resemblance between Tom Bosley on the show and Constantine!
Who is Tom Bosley??Your Boy friend???

Old 04-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry fellow message boarders - after posting my "prune" message i reflected over the weekend that perhaps this was a harsh statement about Mrs Miller whom I know very little about. However IMO whilst she does where nice clothes they dont always neccesserily suit her.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Courtier

talking about hats then I think the countess of Wessex hat was much worse than Anne-Maries
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the hat the Countess wore at the Wedding was lovely.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodger
Sorry fellow message boarders - after posting my "prune" message i reflected over the weekend that perhaps this was a harsh statement about Mrs Miller whom I know very little about. However IMO whilst she does where nice clothes they dont always neccesserily suit her.
Why don't you think they suit her? I think she's always well dressed.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Why don't you think they suit her? I think she's always well dressed.
The image I have in my head of her is one where she is waring a aqua blue suit. The skirt was to high cut and jacket showing more than a lady of her age should... hence my comment about being a prune... some might also say "mutten dressed as lamb."

However I am going to conseed that I probably have made a rash and impulsive remark in deffence of Queen Anne-Marie who even I have to admit that there is one dress - the one she wore to the christening of her son Phillipos - which really was a fashion car-crash as it made her look like a deckchair.

Anyway - Anne Marie IMO is usualy always well dressed and elegant. However as she has got older she has naturaly become more curvey and can not wear the fitted "stylish" cut suits & dresses that Chantal Miller, her sister Princess Benedict or even the impecably dressed Queen Sophia wear. However she usualy wares a style suited to her age, build and position... although i am not personaly keen on the floral pattens and duvet style ball gowns that she Margareth wear.

Hope I have settled my view point there as just personal opionion of personal taste and fashion advice (Anne-Marie - if you read this just call if you want me to go shopping with ya ) from a Male's perspective who knows what he likes women to and not to ware and for what it is worth is usualy telling his mother of similar age to hoist the skirt up and push the bust out for maximum effect... you probably didnt need to know that.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

Please visit:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/pg/courvoiseur1
Old 04-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

Wink Genealogy.

Hi every1, I'm very interested in Genealogy, I already knew that King Costantine is related to Prince Philip of Edinburgh, as his father was Prince Andrew of Greece, while P Philip' s mum was P Alice, daughter of P Victoria of Hesse- Damstadt, who was the eldest daughter of Princess Alice, second child of Queen Victoria of UK- now, how was P Andrew of Greece related to P Victoria of Hesse- Darmstadt, P Philip' s grandmother ? hope someone can help me to understand it, as we always hear QE the II is related to King Costantine, so to the Prince Consort. thanx in advance.:) :)
Old 04-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Family Ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
King Costantine is related to Prince Philip of Edinburgh, as his father was Prince Andrew of Greece, while P Philip' s mum was P Alice, daughter of P Victoria of Hesse- Damstadt, who was the eldest daughter of Princess Alice, second child of Queen Victoria of UK- now, how was P Andrew of Greece related to P Victoria of Hesse- Darmstadt, P Philip' s grandmother ?
Prince Andrew of Greece was the son of Prince William of Denmark (who became King George I of Greece).

William's sister (and Andrew's aunt) Princess Alexandra married Edward (Prince of Wales, later Edward VII), eldest son of Queen Victoria.

Edward's sister, Princess Alice, married Ludwig IV, the Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine [Hesse-Darmstadt]. Among their children was Princess Victoria.

Princess Victoria married Prince Louis of Battenberg (from another branch of the House of Hesse); they had two daughters, Alice and Louise.

Princess Louise married King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden, and Princess Alice married Prince Andrew of Greece.

So, after all that, Princess Victoria of Hesse-Darmstadt was the mother-in-law of Prince Andrew of Greece, and related (distantly) as well.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Prince Andrew of Greece was the son of Prince William of Denmark (who became King George I of Greece).

William's sister (and Andrew's aunt) Princess Alexandra married Edward (Prince of Wales, later Edward VII), eldest son of Queen Victoria.

Edward's sister, Princess Alice, married Ludwig IV, the Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine [Hesse-Darmstadt]. Among their children was Princess Victoria.

Princess Victoria married Prince Louis of Battenberg (from another branch of the House of Hesse); they had two daughters, Alice and Louise.

Princess Louise married King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden, and Princess Alice married Prince Andrew of Greece.

So, after all that, Princess Victoria of Hesse-Darmstadt was the mother-in-law of Prince Andrew of Greece, and related (distantly) as well.
Thanx so much- so, P. Andrew of Greece, P Philip's father, was related to K. Costantine's father, I just don't know if he was a nephew or what- maybe a brother ? I knew of course of Q Alexandra's brother, who became King of Greece. I find it so confusing.....
Old 04-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Administrator

More complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
P. Andrew of Greece, P Philip's father, was related to K. Costantine's father, I just don't know if he was a nephew or what- maybe a brother?
It's always confusing when written down, which is why the good Royal books have family trees, where all the relationships become clear and suddenly make sense.

Prince William of Denmark, who became King of Greece as George I, had 8 children by his wife Grand Duchess Olga of Russia.

Two of their sons were Prince Constantine and Prince Andrew.

Constantine became King, and had six children by his wife Princess Sophie of Prussia (who was Kaiser Wilhelm's sister). The three sons all became Kings of Greece: George II, Alexander, and Paul.

King Paul had three children by his wife Princess Frederika of Hanover (the sister of Prince Ernst August's father) including Queen Sophia of Spain, and King Constantine.

Prince Andrew married Princess Alice of Battenberg, and had four daughters and one son, the present Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

The daughters (ie Prince Philip's sisters) are quite interesting:

Margarita married the Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg;

Theodora married the Margrave of Baden;

Cecile married the Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine and was killed along with her husband, two young sons and mother-in-law in a tragic air crash in Belgium in 1937;

Sophie married Prince Christoph of Hesse, who was killed in action in WWII, and married secondly Prince Georg Wilhelm of Hanover (still alive today) who is the brother of Queen Frederika and uncle of Prince Ernst August (Caroline of Monaco's husband).

On the Hanover connection: Kaiser Wilhelm had one daughter, Princess Viktoria-Luise. She married Prince Ernst August (III), Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg, Prince of Hanover, and was the mother of Ernst August (IV), Georg Wilhem and Frederika.

Another brother of Constantine and Andrew, Prince Nicholas, married Grand Duchess Helen of Russia; one of their daughters, Princess Marina, married the Duke of Kent, father of the current Duke of Kent.

I hope this makes things easier to understand; it can get quite complicated!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

10 pages, time for a new thread!! Thanks to everyone who contributed with photos and articles.

The new thread is at this link http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...737#post203737