The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

When Someone is a King .....He IS a King of ALL the nation! !!!Now dear C.D show us the PHOTO with NUNS !!!You know this famous photo that the King Konstantine as Heir went during a visit to a female monastery,and as usual he photographed with a group of Nuns!After some years people like you C.D spread the rumor that HE has been with all of them!!!!!!!!!! There is also many photos with the Archbishop Damaskinos ...Why you don't post them???

Old 06-21-2004, 04:38 AM
Gentry

Bubette,maybe I should have rephrased the point I was making. (As Aliki is dead!!&#33. KC "apparently" liked this actress before he even met QAM. So it's not an affair or anything like that. It was stated at the time that Queen Frederika vetoed the relationship.

Secondly Cuervo, your attitude is appalling. Oh, by the way he is NOT KING of any nation.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

How accurate is the rumour that Constantine had an affair with Farah Diba, the former Empress of Iran?

Cuervo, Constantine is the Ex King of Greece.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Gentry

Cuervo is quite obviously a royalist. He supports Constantine II. I'm certain he's very well aware that Greece does not have a monarchy any longer, since he does happen to be a native of said country and still resides there.

Why anyone would have an issue with such posts on a board about royalty is rather a mystery to me
Old 06-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm
How accurate is the rumour that Constantine had an affair with Farah Diba, the former Empress of Iran?

No, He hadn't had any affair of the kind you mean my dear!

Konstantinos Vasileas ton Ellinon! Constantine of Greece is the answer to your question!!There is no other King of Greece!

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree!!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Gentry

Ex- King stands for Ex-King. He is no more I'm afraid. B)
Old 06-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:21 pm
Cuervo is quite obviously a royalist. He supports Constantine II. I'm certain he's very well aware that Greece does not have a monarchy any longer, since he does happen to be a native of said country and still resides there.

Why anyone would have an issue with such posts on a board about royalty is rather a mystery to me
Sometimes I see him supporting All Six Kings ...together!!The guy is Crazy!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
Old 06-22-2004, 06:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

Apparently so. They say the affair was rampant and that is why Q-AM left for Denmark.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by CD.@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:17 am
Ex- King stands for Ex-King. He is no more I'm afraid. B)
Excellency in a King is always an idividual Excellency!!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by laskaris+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (laskaris @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paloma@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

&nbsp; Cuervo, Constantine is the Ex King of Greece.
No, He hadn&#39;t had any affair of the kind you mean my dear&#33;

Konstantinos Vasileas ton Ellinon&#33; Constantine of Greece is the answer to your question&#33;&#33;There is no other King of Greece&#33;

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
It is unlikely that Tino, who received financial support from the Shah, would have had an affair with Farah. But he has had several extra marital relationships -and Claridges, with its rather discrete staff, is a good place for assignations.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

The thing is... the media machine loves to speculate on the events behind closed doors which are printed in the gossip sections and then assumed to be true beacuse its been printed. Eventualy when the press scoops on a true event all the other speculations that are usualy total fiction are then considerd to be the truth as well by defult. In the UK any member of the Royal Family, especialy William, only has to be seen near someone and they are either dating them or having an illicit affair with them :o . Im sure the Greek press had Constantine lined up with every society girl in the 1950s and 1960s beacuse lets face it, he was very good looking. However it is more than probable he has had affairs, just not with anyone we would ever imagine. I would suspect perhaps it was a result of having one that perhaps inspire he and Anne Marie to begine a new family with Theodora and Phillipos in the 1980s.

Its a different world they live in, no one is perfect and their marriage values are different and cant be easy... however what ever your view I do think that Anne Marie diserves praise as having always stood by her husband, has never aired her dirty laundry in public and always kept her dignity. She is a modle Queen Consort and i think shes luvley .
Old 06-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlene+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:36 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marlene @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:36 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by laskaris@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:16 am
<!--QuoteBegin-paloma
Quote:
@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:07 pm

* Cuervo, Constantine is the Ex King of Greece.

No, He hadn&#39;t had any affair of the kind you mean my dear&#33;

Konstantinos Vasileas ton Ellinon&#33; Constantine of Greece is the answer to your question&#33;&#33;There is no other King of Greece&#33;

Question this Ex-King stands for Excellent King?? Yes,I agree&#33;&#33;
It is unlikely that Tino, who received financial support from the Shah, would have had an affair with Farah. But he has had several extra marital relationships -and Claridges, with its rather discrete staff, is a good place for assignations. [/b][/quote]
So,who&#39;s Treasurer are you??"Tino&#39;s" or Sachs??Because if you are not a treasurer .......
Old 08-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Græsk/dansk ekskongepar vil hjem

20-08-04: 17:59

Vi hører til i Grækenland, forklarede parret over for NYHEDERNE i Athen.
Foto: TV 2Ekskong Konstantin og eksdronning Anne-Marie flytter efter 37 år i eksil i London tilbage til Grækenland, for*tæller parret til TV 2/NYHEDERNE.

Konstantin og Anne-Marie tilbage til Grækenland

Fotos: Konstantin og Anne-Marie
"Vi har altid ønsket at komme hjem, og vi har altid følt os nostalgiske. Og nu, hvor det bliver til noget, er det vidunderligt. Vi er på udkig efter et hus, og det tager lidt tid. Vi venter, til vi har fundet det helt rigtige sted. Men det er en dejlig følelse at vende hjem," siger ekskongen til TV 2.

Kongeparrets eksil indledtes i 1967, da en gruppe officerer greb magten.

Grækenland blev en republik i 1974, så Konstantin og Anne-Marie er ikke stillet anderledes i landet end andre grækere.

Dengang beslaglagde regeringen parrets ejendomme og besiddelser, og først i 2002 fik ekskong Konstantin Den Europæiske Menneskerettighedsdomstols ord for, at staten skal yde erstatning for tabene.

Forholdet mellem parret og den græske regering er nu glimrende, forsikrer Konstantin over for TV 2.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Courtier

News from the royal familiy of Greece

Græsk/dansk ekskongepar vil hjem

20-08-04: 17:59

Vi hører til i Grækenland, forklarede parret over for NYHEDERNE i Athen.
Foto: TV 2Ekskong Konstantin og eksdronning Anne-Marie flytter efter 37 år i eksil i London tilbage til Grækenland, for*tæller parret til TV 2/NYHEDERNE.

Konstantin og Anne-Marie tilbage til Grækenland

Fotos: Konstantin og Anne-Marie
"Vi har altid ønsket at komme hjem, og vi har altid følt os nostalgiske. Og nu, hvor det bliver til noget, er det vidunderligt. Vi er på udkig efter et hus, og det tager lidt tid. Vi venter, til vi har fundet det helt rigtige sted. Men det er en dejlig følelse at vende hjem," siger ekskongen til TV 2.

Kongeparrets eksil indledtes i 1967, da en gruppe officerer greb magten.

Grækenland blev en republik i 1974, så Konstantin og Anne-Marie er ikke stillet anderledes i landet end andre grækere.

Dengang beslaglagde regeringen parrets ejendomme og besiddelser, og først i 2002 fik ekskong Konstantin Den Europæiske Menneskerettighedsdomstols ord for, at staten skal yde erstatning for tabene.

Forholdet mellem parret og den græske regering er nu glimrende, forsikrer Konstantin over for TV 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Græsk kongepar.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	37748  

Old 08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Gentry

Can you possibly translate for those of us who can't speak Danish?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Gentry

Talking

Athen - Athens Konstantin - Constantine

Og - and Anne- Marie -- Anna - Maria

Graekenland - Greece

TV2 - Second Danish channel Naeste - Next

Tilbage - Leave

Dansk - Danish Bang&Olufsen :Excellent technology
CD Player very expensive to buy
Kong - King

Kongelige - Kingdom
Old 08-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

Graekenland - Greece

Interesting!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Commoner

Greek family palace at Tatoi

Are there any pictures of the palace at Tatoi? This is one of the palaces that was seized when the greek royal family was exiled.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Tatoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed potatoes
Are there any pictures of the palace at Tatoi? This is one of the palaces that was seized when the greek royal family was exiled.
Here is an address to Tatoi.
http://www.fbarnard.org.uk/greek01/greece01.htm
Old 09-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Queen Anne-Marie's birthday is the 30.8. not the 31.8!

The 31.8 was Princess Diana's death day.
The 29.8. was Queen Astrid's death day.