How 'royal' Is Their Life?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh to have married an American heiress.... ;)

Taking a cue from the some of the British nobility in the 19th century..

How royal is their life?

There was a mention of the royal family in the January 2006 issue of Majesty. It mentioned that the Greek culture ministry recently announced plans to restore Tatoi,the former private residence of the Greek monarchs. The house has been boarded up for 38 years and is in a dilapidated condition. According to the writer, "The house still contains many of the royal family's personal possessions, although the government claims that they 'belong to the people'. This seems unfair--it is one thing for the authorities to claim the official palace in Athens but Tatoi was always the personal property of the monarch, much like Sandringham and Balmoral...It is reported that the tombs are overgrown and have been vandalised."
Can you believe that! I really feel sorry for King Constantine. Imagine having your family burial ground vandalised! Is there no respect!?!

kelly9480 said:
They are financially dependent on other people. That's not my definition of "having plenty of money" or being "very well-off". They aren't worrying where their next meal will come from, but, by royal standards, they aren't wealthy at all.

Their eldest son, however, is a different story altogether...

The only European royal houses that have true wealth are the Windsors, the Grimaldis, and the Grand Dukes of Leichenstein and Luxemborg. The rest of the European royal houses are not well-off at all, with the possible exception of one or two German families who were lucky enough to invest well in post-war West Germany.

Constantine is king of the Greeks, not just a rich familial to deal with what they do and how they live.The King Constantine performs an important work for his country.The Greeks live with the dream of restoring the leadership of the State.40 years away from the lead of power, have brought the country to destruction, the decay in politics to take precedence over human rights,and the rest of the other involved with gossip's???

Constantine and Anne Marie have relatives(siblings) in Spain and Denmark that´s why They attend a lot of events with reigning houses.

The only European royal houses that have true wealth are the Windsors, the Grimaldis, and the Grand Dukes of Leichenstein and Luxemborg. The rest of the European royal houses are not well-off at all, with the possible exception of one or two German families who were lucky enough to invest well in post-war West Germany.

What utter nonsense.

What utter nonsense.
Maybe it isn't accurate, but not utter nonsense. the personal wealth of the other Royal families (excluding The Oranges, who were not mentioned) are not more than a few millions each! ($10 million max) Their palaces, art and even many of their jewels are state owned. If CP Frederick would be deposed, I don't know if he could afford a more than upper class lifestyle. Definitly not a tycoon lifestyle. even his wife's clothes are funded by the Danish Tax Payer. Even if King Frederick and Queen Ingrid had 30 million, (maximum) they had to divide it between 3 children and to make trust funds for grandchildren etc., so how much would the current Queen have for her children and grandchildren?

I remember reading more than half a dozen years ago that Beatrix was the richest monarch, with a small pile of billions behind her. But reports of the wealth of royal families in general often varies wildly. I've read that the Spanish royals are fabulously wealthy, and that they are not rich at all. Ditto the Danes. At least one news report shortly after Mary Donaldson's marriage reported that she was marrying into a billion-dollar family fortune; but most sources put their wealth as much more modest.

The Swedish royals are usually referred to as among the poorer ones - with a fortune between 8 and 20 million US dollars - but King Carl Gustaf's toys and Queen Silvia's fabulous clothes appear to me to refute the need to watch their pennies. Much of their wealth is surely vested in their jewels (one of the largest private collections in Europe) and is not, therefore, "liquid".

I think the reason that royal families' financial assets are so hard to gauge is that, when they are said to be rich, it is attributed to private investment and not to civil list incomes that would be public record (though I know in Sweden, at least, everyone's income is public record; I'm not sure if the same is true of personal assets).

I know little of the finances of the Greek royals. That they are floated by rich Greeks is what I've most often read. What I do know is that they've held onto the jewels, are all VERY well-dressed (see the Romanian royals for an example of exiles who clearly don't have a lot to spend on clothes), and appear to have an enormous travel budget.

Especially as the family was supposedly supported by the Shah until 1979.

I did not know that the Shah had helped Constantine and AM...:ermm:

Do you now why?? there was a special relationship between them, friendship, etc.?

Does Constantine have any hope to again become King, the way Greece is now maybe bringing back the King would be best as a way to calm things down, at least symbolicly.

Does Constantine have any hope to again become King, the way Greece is now maybe bringing back the King would be best as a way to calm things down, at least symbolicly.

Check the thread about Monarchy in Greece and Attitudes for restoration....A lot of opinions and thoughts on this subject.:flowers:

Constantine IIs home rightfully is tatoi palace and they should resore it and live there because his family is buried there and memories are there. And to vandalize it is just mean and no respect.

What do the King and Queen of Greece live on? Where does your income come from?
I've been reading the posts on this topic but I haven't reached a conclusion ...

What do the King and Queen of Greece live on? Where does your income come from?
I've been reading the posts on this topic but I haven't reached a conclusion ...

Constantine himself has artfully dodged the question, on camera, back in his London days. I imagine they must have good investments and advisors. (Anne-Marie is not from a poor or unconcerned family, in addition.... And then there's the question of what Sofia/Juan Carlos may have contributed once they were able. You can see why Constantine keeps his mouth shut.)

Constantine specifically not-answering your question, 21:50.

Last edited:
After King Constantine II abdicated, was he the patron of any charities?

After King Constantine II abdicated, was he the patron of any charities?
King Konstantin has never abdicated. He has just been deposited from his title since Greece became a republic. King Konstantine has for a long period refused to accept the result of the referendum, with the argument that he was not allowed to return to Greece before the referendum and support his positions. It seems crystal clear logical because in any elections all parties have the equally split right and time to support their opinion. But he was allowed only to à TV message from London. Does not look really fair.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom