Golden wedding anniversary, Sept. 18th 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wartenberg7

Heir Presumptive
City
Hamburg
Country
Germany
On September the 18th King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie will be married for unbelievably 50 years!
I guess there´ll be huge, yet private, family gathering in Greece with members from the greek, spanish and danish royal families....?!

Somebody knowing something more specific?

It will be in Greece. Queen Anne Marie said it in one interview in february of 2013 that it would be in Greece.
I think that in London could celebrate a party or event , days after, but it is one hypothesis

Well, there´s actually no reason to do anything in London because the jubilee-couple´s not living there anymore. But I could be wrong.

I remember their silver wedding in my (very) young years in Denmark. It was almost like a state occasion, although (officially) of course a private matter, with a banquet, dinners, in fact guests from all over the world. I guess it will be a more moderate affaire this time without the royal locations and palaces you find in Denmark?

Well, there´s actually no reason to do anything in London because the jubilee-couple´s not living there anymore. But I could be wrong.

I remember their silver wedding in my (very) young years in Denmark. It was almost like a state occasion, although (officially) of course a private matter, with a banquet, dinners, in fact guests from all over the world. I guess it will be a more moderate affaire this time without the royal locations and palaces you find in Denmark?

I didn't know the King & Queen had moved from London. Where do they live now?

I didn't know the King & Queen had moved from London. Where do they live now?

As far as I know, Their Majesties are living in Greece now. But I don't know where in Greece.

Do we have a thread on the silver anniversary? (I couldn't find one) Was it held a Grasten? Queen Ingrid liked to host events for her family, like the wedding of Princess Alexandra, at her home in Grasten.

Greece seems to be the most likely place for the golden anniversary. They are very attached to their country and enjoy being allowed back on Greek soil.

As far as I know, Their Majesties are living in Greece now. But I don't know where in Greece.

My understanding is that Their Majesties, like Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana, live in apartments in Athens.

But I´ve seen a small mansion of the King and Queen on Spetses, too.
Pr Nikolaos and Pcss Tatiana living in Athens is correct.

Do we have a thread on the silver anniversary? (I couldn't find one) Was it held a Grasten? Queen Ingrid liked to host events for her family, like the wedding of Princess Alexandra, at her home in Grasten.

Greece seems to be the most likely place for the golden anniversary. They are very attached to their country and enjoy being allowed back on Greek soil.

I don´t know about an extra thread about the occasion 25 years ago; but some major events were at Fredensborg, where a lavish banquet, with speeches from Pr. Henrik and the silver groom himself were held. I believe there was a lunch at Kronborg castle, too.
It was very moving to see Constantine burst into tears when he spoke about the Queen, "the love of my life", how young she was at the time and how well she coped in a foreign land, with "virtually no security" when they toured the country.

Last edited:
Kings live between Athens and Porto Heli. When they are in Athens, they live in a apartment of Britain´s Hotel(Britain Hotel has a plant for apartments.) They have a home , leased, in Porto Heli, near Spetses.
Their silver jubilee was prepared by Queen Ingrid of Denmark,This was very nice and one relevant event, many monarchies were invited . ...... But now they live in Greece, Greece is very special to them, I think it would be celebrated in Greece, Spetses, however I think that after, they could celebrate in London, one event with guests as Queen Elizabeth .....

According to kongehuset.dk calendar

September 18
HM the Queen and HRH Princess Benedikte participate in the celebration of DM King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie's golden wedding in Athens.

Does anyone know anymore information about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
quite odd that cristina and iñaki are invited. i'd have thought they were shun from royal circles now that association with them will tarnish the other royals' reputations. it's no surprise felipe and letizia won't attend if they are there, and it's no surprise JC won't attend as he didn't already when he was a king.

i wonder what kind of event they are planning... it's quite nice it's happening in athens and not in london though!

i expect the danish family will be in attendance for the most part.

I'm not really surprised about this. King Constantine once talked in an interview about believing that Christina and Inaki are not guilty. And this will be an inofficial family event that has nothing to do with Spain.

Felipe and Letizia are probably so busy with their new duties that they couldn't find time to attend. I really don't think their absence has only to do with Inaki.

It seems that the the attendance of Queen Margrethe & Princess has also been confirmed.

And I wonder if Phillipos' girl friend will be invited?

quite odd that cristina and iñaki are invited. i'd have thought they were shun from royal circles now that association with them will tarnish the other royals' reputations. it's no surprise felipe and letizia won't attend if they are there, and it's no surprise JC won't attend as he didn't already when he was a king.

i wonder what kind of event they are planning... it's quite nice it's happening in athens and not in london though!

i expect the danish family will be in attendance for the most part.

Frederik and Mary are on an official visit to Canada on 17-19 September. And Joachim will be the regent on 18-19 September.

Each week the Saturday edition of the Philadelphia Inquirer includes a "throw back" page ... today's page is from 1964 and what's on the first page? A story about the wedding of a handsome Greek King with a beautiful Danish princess!

I've seen in Athens to Princes : Philippos, Theodora, Alexia and Carlos Morales and Princess Benedikta of Denmark. Kings Constantine, Anne Marie, Princess Benedikte and princess Theodora was eating in one restaurant of Athens. Tonight has been a dinner with people close to them, former employees of the Greek royal family....

this afternoon arrived to Athens Queen Sophia,Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales.

Last edited:
What a nice relaxed and informal private royal gathering last night .

Do we know if any members of the British RF will attend tonight?

This anniversary makes me very melancholic. I watched last night the video of their wedding, and the image of the so young, so beautiful, so innocent bride Princess/Queen made me very sad. I also listen to the comments of the presenter, talking about their youth, their beauty, the love of their people and their future full of love and hapiness....
All the signs before their wedding were of a fairy tale. A young and beautiful girl, daughter of a King, sister of a future Queen, raised in love, calm and hapiness, with an absolutely expected happy future...married her love, a young and handsome King. The end should only be "and they lived happily ever after"...
But no, only 4 years and 2 (almost 3) kids after, this fairy taily girl has found herself running to escape, facing financial problems, and hoping to find a country to accept her.. and living the 45 next years abroad of her two homelands.
I wonder if the Queen feels this melancoly, or if she has accepted her life, she always looks so sweet, so resigned, a true lady.

Coming back to the celebration, does someone know where is the tonight's event being held ?? Furtermore very good choice of the Acropolis Museum, but outfits of Marie-Chantal & Tatiana were a catastrophy. I loved the Queen, Pcs Alexia & Pcs Theodora, Quenn Sophia so and so, Pcs Irene nothing special, but this is her way.

Princess Benedikte looked fabulous in her outfit! Looks like everyone had a great night.

:ermm::ermm::ermm:Infanta Cristina is not in the list, Iñaki either. I would have liked to see her. Looking !! The Royal House of Jordan has many representation.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if anybody attended.

Why? BFR and GRF are very close. The Queen attended KKII anniversary in London, a few years ago. The less major members, like the Kents and Gloucesters why not?

Back
Top Bottom