The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2014, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a nice relaxed and informal private royal gathering last night .

Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

From Hola
Constantino y Ana María de Grecia inician la celebración de sus bodas de oro con una cena informal

By the way, here is the family connection of King Costantine to King Simeon, if someone can remember, it goes far behind, thanks to wonderful Leo's page

http://www.genealogics.org/relations...7237+&tree=LEO

Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do we know if any members of the British RF will attend tonight?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm guessing the Gloucester's or Kent's may go.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

This anniversary makes me very melancholic. I watched last night the video of their wedding, and the image of the so young, so beautiful, so innocent bride Princess/Queen made me very sad. I also listen to the comments of the presenter, talking about their youth, their beauty, the love of their people and their future full of love and hapiness....
All the signs before their wedding were of a fairy tale. A young and beautiful girl, daughter of a King, sister of a future Queen, raised in love, calm and hapiness, with an absolutely expected happy future...married her love, a young and handsome King. The end should only be "and they lived happily ever after"...
But no, only 4 years and 2 (almost 3) kids after, this fairy taily girl has found herself running to escape, facing financial problems, and hoping to find a country to accept her.. and living the 45 next years abroad of her two homelands.
I wonder if the Queen feels this melancoly, or if she has accepted her life, she always looks so sweet, so resigned, a true lady.

Coming back to the celebration, does someone know where is the tonight's event being held ?? Furtermore very good choice of the Acropolis Museum, but outfits of Marie-Chantal & Tatiana were a catastrophy. I loved the Queen, Pcs Alexia & Pcs Theodora, Quenn Sophia so and so, Pcs Irene nothing special, but this is her way.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Benedikte looked fabulous in her outfit! Looks like everyone had a great night.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

I found the guests list

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx0sahNCQAAkAQm.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx0saOvCQAEwsKk.jpg:large
Old 09-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Infanta Cristina is not in the list, Iñaki either. I would have liked to see her. Looking !! The Royal House of Jordan has many representation.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm guessing the Gloucester's or Kent's may go.
I would be surprised if anybody attended.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would be surprised if anybody attended.
Why? BFR and GRF are very close. The Queen attended KKII anniversary in London, a few years ago. The less major members, like the Kents and Gloucesters why not?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Why? BFR and GRF are very close. The Queen attended KKII anniversary in London, a few years ago. The less major members, like the Kents and Gloucesters why not?

Let's not forget that the Kents are half-Greek through Princess Marina. But I don't see them on the guest list though there are some from the Brandram family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

One thing that puzzles me about the guest list is that the wife of Prince Michael is listed as HRH Princess Marina. Is it a typo or has her status been changed?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Let's not forget that the Kents are half-Greek through Princess Marina.
Of course, this is the reason also that I thought they would attend.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe the reason for members of the BRF not attending is the referendum today? It might reflect badly upon them if they partied while the future of their country was being decided.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Queen Elizabeth II,occasionally , has authorized to represent the royal house , in public acts, to Kents and Gloucester's . I remember that the appointment of the new Pope Francisco were in representation of the royal house of Britain', the Gloucesters . the referendum has interest to them.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dinner to celebrate their Golden wedding anniversary at the Yacht Club of Greece

Celebración de las bodas de oro de los reyes de Grecia
Old 09-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

I´m more than annoyed that none of the grandchildren, not even the elder ones, seem to attend!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Was Princess Benedikte's husband on the list,maybe I missed him?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I´m more than annoyed that none of the grandchildren, not even the elder ones, seem to attend!
It is a formal evening event, they did not invite the younger that 18 (Maria Olympia's age)
Old 09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

other pictures (link Lula):

Queen Margaret of Denmark,and princess Bendikte: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jb4s2tJdWn...H0/s1600/5.jpg

Marie Blanche, mother of Princess Tatiana: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LxA2mF4FjH...fg/s1600/4.jpg

Prince Alexander and Princess Katherine of Serbia: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-acfEdocx0O...RQ/s1600/1.jpg

Robert Miller, next to princess Theodora and Prince Philippos: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XnK4HZUuh5...%2Bteodora.jpg

Tags
golden wedding, king constantine ii, queen anne marie, queen anne-marie, wedding anniversary