The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-19-2003, 04:24 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 438
Constantine's Relationships

I've seen at another forum saying that the present king had a few affairs before.

I would like to know more of the affairs, can someone please tell me about them?

I like Queen Anne-Marie very much, I think she is very beatiful and elegant and she looks very kind too. How come her husband still had affairs when she's such a gorgeous lady. It must have been very hard for her especially the family has been in exile.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 717
Does anyone have any other info about this topic? Other then the Farah rumor I mean?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2003, 02:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 717
Sean, you're more then welcome to post the info. Unless an admin/mod have told you otherwise, it's fine :) Some members are overly sensitive, but, that shouldn't keep you from posting :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Thanks, but no thanks. I've had my run-ins with devoutees before, and I'm well aware as to what they can be like :(
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2003, 06:53 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Poppy  Posted: Oct 19th, 2003 - 3:24 am

I've seen at another forum saying that the present ex-king had a few affairs before.  I would like to know more of the affairs, can someone please tell me about them?

I like Queen Anne-Marie very much, I think she is very beatiful and elegant and she looks very kind too. How come her husband still had affairs when she's such a gorgeous lady.
But Poppy, its not like king Constantine is the only royal playing the field. I read on this MB that the Spanish king also considers himself to be a man of the ladies. How about the Prince of Wales ? I mean .... beyond first love, is it a case of finding intelligence and a talking partner ? For women, what happens when the feeling of love wears off ... how to does a woman handle it ?

Quote:
It must have been very hard for her especially the family has been in exile.
The challenge of coping with a failed (or more ruthlessly put, "we don't need you" - you're obsolete) situation is quite stressing .. to say the least.
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 717
Actually, she is needed. She's one of the most beloved members of the Greek Royal family (looked upon favorably by the Greek people) plus she brought in money from her inheritance from her father. Plus, she's also the mother of his children. I do believe there is love there, but they've had to really work and she's had to make a lot of sacrifices.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-26-2003, 07:14 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Fireweaver  Posted: Oct 26th, 2003 - 5:56 pm

Actually, she is needed. She's one of the most beloved members of the Greek Royal family (looked upon favorably by the Greek people) plus she brought in money from her inheritance from her father. Plus, she's also the mother of his children. I do believe there is love there, but they've had to really work and she's had to make a lot of sacrifices.
Let's be realistic here:
- The truth is that officially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie is not needed.
- The truth is that officially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie was 'second fiddle' to her husband.

- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has coped better with the situation of having been deposed.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has (always had?) integrity.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has a job with the raising and mentoring of children (as all mothers do).

........

- The truth is that officially, ex-King Constantine is not needed.

- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with being deposed.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with the situation of being financially supported by his wife (few men do).
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with the situation of not having a meaningful job to occupy his time with.
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 26th, 2003 - 6:14 pm
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with being deposed.
...
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with the situation of not having a meaningful job to occupy his time with.
Can you really blame the King for not "dealing well" with having been deposed of and without a "job" to occupy his time? To be the King of the Hellenes was a "job" - duty - he was born to do. From the moment of his birth and each day of his upbringing, he was groomed for the task. No doubt he was often reminded that when he grew up and when the time was right he would be the King of his country. And then to suddenly (so to speak) to have that task, that life's work, be stripped from you, well, it would be quite a jarring experience. To me (comments now from the amateur psychologist! ), it would be like your life is suddenly obsolete and certainly without much meaning since what you've been preparing for your whole life is no longer.

It's not like Constantine was a prime minister or a president and was booted out of office. In that situation, it is something you would work towards in your later life, to study the law and politics so that one day you could serve your country. It would be a conscious decision you make as an adult, or in the least, as a young adult. But in Constantine's case, he was aware of the situation from day one.

And maybe in King Constantine's eyes, once you have been the King of a country (no matter how short the time period), what other meaningful job is there?

Slightly off topic, this reminds me of a Barbara Walters interview with Queen Noor of Jordan in which Barbara asked the Queen if she would ever fall in love again (since King Hussein was deceased). And Queen Noor's response was something to the effect of how could you be in love with another person again when you've already loved the very best?

In King Constantine's case, how could another job ever be meaningful or as important as the country of your birth and the country in your blood?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,045
To what extent could Greece be in Constantine's blood? I mean isn't he German-British-Nordic and not Mediterranean?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 717
I think it depends on people. My grandmother's parents (both of them) came from Austria and Czechoslovika (I can't spell, but, you get the idea area wise, right?) but my grandmother considered herself 100 percent American. Dad said she had some interesting ideas on what to do with people who spoke badly about America!
So, I think in that regard, King Konstantinos is as Greek as my Grandmother was American. It's not the blood in your veins, but the blood of your soul.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,045
Ah, I see your point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Oct 26th, 2003 - 7:04 pm
I think it depends on people. My grandmother's parents (both of them) came from Austria and Czechoslovika (I can't spell, but, you get the idea area wise, right?) but my grandmother considered herself 100 percent American. Dad said she had some interesting ideas on what to do with people who spoke badly about America!
So, I think in that regard, King Konstantinos is as Greek as my Grandmother was American. It's not the blood in your veins, but the blood of your soul.
Also, Constantine's father & grandfather were born in Greece. As were his siblings. He only speaks Greek and English & was (and continues to be) a member of the Greek Church. So he's Greek.

Sean. ~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2003, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 192
Sean + Alexandria I love you I also want to contribute with 1 more historical detail:

King Constantine's siblings coming straight ,from last Emperial Dynasty of Byzantium {Palaelogos}who were also Greeks roulers of Mystras,so,there is no question about His Majesty Blood!As for all the roomers that are "circulating'from 'gossip magazines' to media and then to our ears and then into this forum.......One word!Lies!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-27-2003, 03:38 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 26th, 2003 - 6:14 pm
Quote:
Fireweaver*  Posted: Oct 26th, 2003 - 5:56 pm

Actually, she is needed. She's one of the most beloved members of the Greek Royal family (looked upon favorably by the Greek people) plus she brought in money from her inheritance from her father. Plus, she's also the mother of his children. I do believe there is love there, but they've had to really work and she's had to make a lot of sacrifices.
Let's be realistic here:
- The truth is that officially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie is not needed.
- The truth is that officially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie was 'second fiddle' to her husband.

- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has coped better with the situation of having been deposed.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has (always had?) integrity.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-Queen Anne-Marie has a job with the raising and mentoring of children (as all mothers do).

........

- The truth is that officially, ex-King Constantine is not needed.

- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with being deposed.
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with the situation of being financially supported by his wife (few men do).
- The truth is that unofficially, ex-King Constantine is not coping well with the situation of not having a meaningful job to occupy his time with.
Only peasants and clocks are working!!!As for the rest you are writting are just meaningless :flower:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2003, 10:28 AM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
cuervo  Posted: Oct 27th, 2003 - 2:38 am

  :flower:
Thank you for your flower. :)
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo@Oct 27th, 2003 - 2:34 am
Sean + Alexandria I love you I also want to contribute with 1 more historical detail:

King Constantine's siblings coming straight ,from last Emperial Dynasty of Byzantium {Palaelogos}who were also Greeks roulers of Mystras,so,there is no question about His Majesty Blood!As for all the roomers that are "circulating'from 'gossip magazines' to media and then to our ears and then into this forum.......One word!Lies!!!!
Um...they are definitely_not_descendant from the Palaeologus (correct spelling), as the Palaeologus line is extinct. If you claim otherwise, perhaps you would be good enough to trace the lineage for us.

Sean.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-27-2003, 06:02 PM
vangeliskirialanis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Let His Majesty alone and away from those lies !!!! His Majesty is a Greek by birth and the blood that flows in His Royal Veins is 100% Greek !!!!! If there's a thing that I cannot stand , this is to see my King beign abused and/or blamed for some silly gossips !!! King Constantine II is trully devoted to Queen Anna Maria of Greece , and Their love is more powerfull than anyone can imagine !!! If there was someone to give courage and strength to King Constantine II during all those years in Exile , that person was Queen Anna Maria , and thanks to Her Majesty , Her husband had never gave up fighting to proove that He trully cares for Greece !!!!! For me (and for the other Greek Royalists ) , King Constantine II and Queen Anna Maria are somewhat like my second parents , and I trully love Them with all my heart and my spirit!!!! And ,yes , the Greek Royal Family are coming right down from the Paleologos Dynasty of the Byzantine Empire , and there are many historical documents as a proof of this fact ..... In an another post I will write out in few words about this . So please show respect to the King and His Royal Family , and stop blaming Him , because this is not right and it bothers His supporters .

And to those who say the prothesis "ex-" before King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria .... King Constantine II and His Royal Family never lost Their title , and as some of you may know , the good old quote says " Once a King, forever a King " and King Constantine was born as a King , so He IS the King and not "Ex- king" as some guys here believe ......


Hey, also , I want to ask if anyone likes the video game " Soul Calibur 2 " from Namco ( I have the version for Playstation 2 ) it is a great ROYAL game!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 717
Everyone is allowed to their opinions, and they are allowed to post them vangeliskirialanis. Please do not tell our posters not to talk about a subject, they are allowed the same rights and privileges here as you are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally posted by vangeliskirialanis@Oct 27th, 2003 - 5:02 pm
Let His Majesty alone and away from those lies !!!! His Majesty is a Greek by birth and the blood that flows in His Royal Veins is 100% Greek !!!!! If there's a thing that I cannot stand , this is to see my King beign abused and/or blamed for some silly gossips !!! King Constantine II is trully devoted to Queen Anna Maria of Greece , and Their love is more powerfull than anyone can imagine !!! If there was someone to give courage and strength to King Constantine II during all those years in Exile , that person was Queen Anna Maria , and thanks to Her Majesty , Her husband had never gave up fighting to proove that He trully cares for Greece !!!!! For me (and for the other Greek Royalists ) , King Constantine II and Queen Anna Maria are somewhat like my second parents , and I trully love Them with all my heart and my spirit!!!! And ,yes , the Greek Royal Family are coming right down from the Paleologos Dynasty of the Byzantine Empire , and there are many historical documents as a proof of this fact ..... In an another post I will write out in few words about this . So please show respect to the King and His Royal Family , and stop blaming Him , because this is not right and it bothers His supporters .

And to those who say the prothesis "ex-" before King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria .... King Constantine II and His Royal Family never lost Their title , and as some of you may know , the good old quote says " Once a King, forever a King " and King Constantine was born as a King , so He IS the King and not "Ex- king" as some guys here believe ......


Hey, also , I want to ask if anyone likes the video game " Soul Calibur 2 " from Namco ( I have the version for Playstation 2 ) it is a great ROYAL game!!!!
Fireweaver, I rest my case.


To V:

Firstly, I agree that the King is Greek by nationality, but by nationality only. He is not of the Greek ethnicity. For you to say that the "blood in his veins is 100 Greek" is 100% inaccurate. There is little Slavic blood in his veins. His great-Grandmother, Olga Constantinova was a Russian Grand Duchess by birth, however, even she had an infinitesimal amount of Russian/Slavic blood. Thus Constantine is predominately germanic/Aryan. The only members of the _former_Greek royal family to have (known) 'Greek blood' were the fromer Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia (duaghter of Alexander I & Aspasia Manos) and Alexandra and Olga, the daughters of former Prince Michael of Greece & Denmark and Marina Kerella.

Secondly, it is widely known that Constantine has had affairs & that Anne Marie went back to Denmark for a while because of this. You believe what you want, but there are first hand sources.

He isn't a god and is mortal. As such, he will make human mistakes. I've heard Constantine speak before and he didn't make much of an impression on me. In my view, he isn't too bright and made some huge mistakes when he was King. This is why he is sitting in London as opposed to Athens. Moreover, knowing his history (and being objective), IMO, Anne Marie is way too good for him. I've heard from first hand sources as to how he treats his wife and kids, but I won't get into that here. Of course, this doesn't necessarily make him a bad person and you can love and "worship" him all you want.

Thirdly, he may indeed care for Greece. Although from what I can tell, he cares about himself more. Hence the multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Greek government. IMO, he knows that he never going to be restored and thus was trying to get as money as possible in order to secure his finanical position and that of his heirs (excluding Pavlos). It certainly didn't win him any friends in Greece. Indeed, if he cared so much for Greece he would have given the full amount to the Greek people, or better yet, he would have never taken it from them (in the form of the lawsuit) to begin with. It would have been much more magnanimous if he would have said 'I want no compensation because I refuse to take one Euro from the Greek people, as they need it more than I.'

Fourthly, the "Paleologos" dynasty, as you call it, is extinct. There is no diret descent. Constnantine descends from the houses of Sleschwig-Holstien-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, Guelph, Hohenzollern, Romanov, Saxe-Altenburg etc., but not "Paleologos". However, admittedly, some of his more zealous, revisionist devotees claim descent in order to bolster his legitimacy.

If you claim direct descent (not to mention '100 percent Greek blood&#39 please show a family tree going back to the Paleologos.

Fifthly, he isn't being 'blamed' per se (at least not here). He is being scrutinized because he is a public and historic figure. If you, or he, wish otherwise, perhaps he it would be prudent for him to govern himself more appropriately and/or he should stop courting publicity. People will not refrain from discrussion of his policies and his charachter just because it "bothers his supporters". After all, there are such things as free speech and historiographical debate, you know.

Sixthly, whether supporters like it or not, he_is_an ex-King. Greece is now a republic and has been for thirty years. The republic is the country's legitimate government and the president, voted in by the country's citizens, is the legitimate head of state. Besides, Constantine himself refers to himself as ex-King or former King.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-27-2003, 07:50 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
vangeliskirialanis  Posted: Oct 27th, 2003 - 5:02 pm

who say the prothesis "ex-" before King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria
.... some of the very cold winters I have lived through have affected my logic control, so solly.

Quote:
likes the video game "Soul Calibur 2" from Namco
even I get dizzy from the thin air on a high horse ... how about you step down, and then we can consider the matter while breaking bread ?
__________________

__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family jellybeans Royal House of Denmark 303 01-04-2014 07:11 AM
Spencer Relationships lashinka2002 Prince Harry and Prince William 123 08-23-2013 04:58 AM
Relationships of Prince Charles and his parents love_cc The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 56 07-08-2013 06:13 PM
Norway: Genealogy and Relationships Royal Fan Royal Genealogy 15 04-02-2012 09:01 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]