The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I have just been reading the recent posts in this thread. Wow! I had no idea that Konstantine's life was such a soap-opera. This would make a very good movie.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I have just been reading the recent posts in this thread. Wow! I had no idea that Konstantine's life was such a soap-opera. This would make a very good movie.
Oh I would not go that far. He was a very attractive young man and had a brief affaire with the actress who was the #1 draw at the time. Then he became engaged at 22 with P AM They were married when he was 24 and he reigned till he was 27. He found himself a father of two at that age in Rome with no Crown, no country no seniority and razz mataz and he took it badly. He came through it all. The Queen and himself worked at their marriage produced 3 more children and by all accounts they are a happy couple.
Just look around at all the 27 year olds today and try to figure out who would be more mature to handle a similar situation.
I have great respect for both of them for the way they managed their life.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you, Odette about their maturity. I know that I definitely would not have been able to handle that situation in my 20s, nor do I think that I would be able to do so now. It is nice to see that they have worked hard on their marriage, especially since it is often so easy to walk away.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sure they both received a lot of help from the Danish royal family.Am I wrong?
Old 09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Now that pamk mentioned Niarchos,I remembered something else:did Aristotelis Onassis have any kind of relationship or contacts with the GRF,especially with King Pavlos or with Konstantinos later?I was always wondering.Of course,Onassis spent very little time in Greece,only during summers in Skorpios,but his money was always available for his country...Does anyone know,at least if the GRF liked him or not?
Stavros Niarchos and Aristotle Onassis were bitter rivals --- they married sisters. Niarchos' wife, Eugenie, was the wife whom she divorced to marry Charlotte Ford. Stavros and Eugenie remarried - they had had several children together. Eugenie died under very suspicious circumstances on the Greek island where they had a home. Of course, the isolation of this island made emergency aid very late in arriving and poor Eugenie died, Stavros was under a cloud of suspicion ever after due to this.
Stavros remarried after Eugenie's death to her sister, Tina, the ex-wife of his bitter rival Onassis. Onassis had married Jackie Kennedy; however, the marriage between Stavros and Tina infuriated Onassis. The Tina died under suspicious circumstances. When Tina's daughter, Cristina Onassis,
came to Stavros' apartment in Paris to view her mother's body, there was a dinner party going on. You can imagine Cristina's horror.
And on and on .... this whole story is a really sad Greek soap opera.

Quote:
Now that pamk mentioned Niarchos,I remembered something else:did Aristotelis Onassis have any kind of relationship or contacts with the GRF,especially with King Pavlos or with Konstantinos later?I was always wondering.Of course,Onassis spent very little time in Greece,only during summers in Skorpios,but his money was always available for his country...Does anyone know,at least if the GRF liked him or not?
As Niarchos seemed very tight and close with the GRF, Onassis was attracted to American "royalty" at the time, the Kennedy family.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

the First, I think that Alike was a great actress, singer and presenter of television .....
Secondly, I do not share his political ideology of Alike, she was intimate friend of Papandreu and especially of Dimitra, and she as all other Greek actors she participated with Karamanlis in the electoral campaign of 1974, by the republic.
Relation Constantino-Alike :
Constantino was very handsome, and in Greece people adored to him, the press related to him to all woman who approached him. I remember that in 1958, Corfu, a celebration, he made pair of dance with the daughter of an industralist dedicated to the steel or something thus ..... and the press of Greece said that she was her girlfriend. In 1959 in a celebration in the Real Nautical Club, he spoke with daughter of a famous Greek politician (Later a great republican), the press said that she was her girlfriend (only by speak)…
Bla bla bla….I could to continue speaking…he was very handsome... When he went to the theater accompanied by Princess Sofia and Princess Irene, the play interpreted Alike, it was to collect bottoms for the orphaned children of the north of Greece, When finalizing the work they greeted to Alike (it was normal), and…, she was beautifull, he was handsome..the rumor was born (she was7 years more that Constantino). It remembers to me to the image Nicholas - Victory of Sweden in birthday of Marta Luisa, they were together in the celebrations and ..... the journalists said that Victoria was the girlfriend of Nico, that they were in pub of London , that they fell in love in the baptism of Constantino the son of Pablo and Mc.Victoria had boyfriend and Nico had to Tatiana.
I think that is Alike benefit economically from the rumor.One greek actress ( I don´t remenber his name but whenI remenber it I will write) said in a interview in a magazine in 1993, that Alike made much money with it. The other Greek actresses had that to play the roles that Alike rejected
It was a business between Nasu Botsi
and Alike
Alike tapeworm a relation of love with Nasos, he was the director of several Greek newspapers and magazines of Greece.That peculiar! Nasos was the proprietors of newspapers and magazines that created the rumor Alike- Constantine. (Naxos said that he had a sister who worked in the Real palace of Athens ..... with the years knew that the sister of Nasos had not worked in the palace, she worked in a magazine of the brother)
Nasos put the money of the theater spectacles that towards Alike and of films.They filled theaters with the rumor, they made much money..
Alike said to Nasos that if he towards great, she married with him (he was a old man and ugly man) but when she was rich and famous , goodbye Nisos...The acttress greek , said in the interview that Alike remain with the society that Nasos has created to manage the businesses
I will speak us more details but I translate bad to the English…
In conclusion, it was a rumor, behind of the rumor had economic interests.

Finally, speaking on another subject, I do not like the treatment given to the Greek press to Queen Ana Maria, they call her with contempt "the Danish" I think that in his day those same journalists criticized to the Queen Federica said that she was Nazy and racist and yet in the past 40 years, they are the racist with his comments:
she was the Quenn of Grecece, the people of greece wanted a lot to her, she was not to the "the danish".They are about liars, they hide the images of Queen Ana Maria. She is not dead and have a name, I want that Greek newspapers stop lying and say that Ana Maria had no historical value in Greece, she was " the Danish". I want to stop that deal with contempt, it is not the Danish and she is alive! "

Yannis is the son of Alike y Papamachali, he is drug addict, and he has sold the rights to ALFA television, record a series of life-Alike and Papamachali.

Papamachali died in 2004 and Alike in 1996.
I forgot, Alike left Nasu, the ugly, by Papamachali which was handsome.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Royal Highness

A new photo was published by the new Life & Style.Aliki and Anna Maria in the backstage of the theatre talking and smiling to each other.The then Queen went backstage to congratulate the famous actress!!It must have been taken in the late 60's,because Dimitris Papamichael was standing next to Aliki,smiling to the Queen.The 2 actors were already in a relationship,so either Anna Maria felt "safe" and "comfortable" to talk to the star or she never learnt about Aliki-Constantine's affair....or she knew and she has a very very "big" heart...you never know with those royals!!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

I've also read that many years later Irene Pappa,the famous actress,attended a party.Konstantinos was also there.They started talking and she asked him if his affair with Aliki was true.Konstantinos gave a diplomatic answer:"That's what my father asked me,too!"....
Old 10-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I've also read that many years later Irene Pappa,the famous actress,attended a party.Konstantinos was also there.They started talking and she asked him if his affair with Aliki was true.Konstantinos gave a diplomatic answer:"That's what my father asked me,too!"....
This is why it is best for royals to stick with royals. No one so far (true royal) went to the TV or magazines to discuss their personal lives.
It is the new crop that brings them in show them around and talk about what they did or what was done to them..
If that story is true, I believe Irene Pappas was a tad forward asking him such a question and expecting an answer.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Irene Pappas is not a journalist or a paparazzo or a b-movie starlet.She's an old family friend of the GRF.They socialize very often and as far as I know they enjoy their time together.She was invited at Arietta's christening in Barcelona and I remember a photo in which Constantine had his hand on her back (in the well-known Greek friendly way) and they were laughing along with Anna-Maria and Pavlos.I'm sure that he could give a straight answer to her,like:"Yes,I was in love with Aliki,but that was a long time ago." Or would it make more sense if he gave that answer to Queen Elisabeth or Infanta Elena,because they happen to be royals?For God's sake....
Old 10-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Irene Papas played Catherine of Aragon in one of my favorite royal films Anne of the Thousand Days. Well respected actress with a long, respected career.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphni View Post
we did not give him any money at all????
do you live in greece vangeliskirialanis??
i have nothing against constantine i don't mind if he comes to live in greece as a common.he was born in greece i agree that he is greek maybe not 100%. anyway he did a lot of mistakes you have to admite that this is why he was exciled as a king.
the fact that marie chantal don't speak greek or her children what do you think of that? all i see is that she had money not a tittle, so she married an exciled prince for the tittle only. constantain raised his children as greeks they went to a greek school in london.pavlos is not doing the same.even if we wanted them back with that additue i don't think so...and V i am not the only one to say that.
Totally agree with you Daphni! I am Greek, and I live in Greece!

We gave him a whole bunch of money! And whether some don't like it, he is EX-King Constantine of Greece! Greece is a republic and not a constitutional monarchy any more! People voted that they wanted a republic! A President of Greece and not a king!

And yes the kids of Constantine and Anne Marie visited Greek schools! But how much do they use the language! They live either in Great Britain or the USA! I highly doubt that the speak the greek language nowadays!

And Constantine is not 100% Greek! He was brought up Greek, but his mother was German and as all here in Greece know, from the older generations, she was very snob and never managed to speak greek! She was speaking German with her children and not at all Greek! And of course not to mention the extravagant costs she made, and her love for the then Prime Minister Konstantinos Karamanlis!

Quote:
You do surprise me a lot,Odette!
I'm gonna stay in this forum forever....
I've read everything about Aliki's life,but I've never thought that Frideriki was involved in that story.Now it seems logical to me...Everything would be different if they could get married and still remain King and Queen.
Maybe all the Greeks would support the royal family until now.
Rumor has it that she was pregnant with Constantine's child, but she had an abortion! They had an affair, and a pregnancy would really destroy both Constantine as well as her career!

The fact was also confirmed in one of the books about her life!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

you would like that the journalists would say this of you? ... you like that every day of your life were insulting you, throwing all kinds of rumors about you ... laughing at you ...? I have lived very years in Greece..
From the Queen Sofia, constantine, Anne Marie, Irene, their children, King Pavlo none is free of rumors and insults .. it is horrible..They have no Greek blood ...this is the problem, the blood (it is different)..
Old 08-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
you would like that the journalist say these things of you ... you like that every day of your life were insulting you, throwing all kinds of rumors about you ... laughing at you ... I have lived very years in Greece..
From the Queen Sofia, constantine, Anne Marie, Irene, his children, King Pavlo none is free of rumors and insults .. They have no Greek blood ...this is the problem
I have a problem undersatnding what you say and also a question: To whom are you referring at?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The King has not been rumoured to have had any extra marital relationships in at least the last 35 years. I suppose there should be a statute of limitations about what anyone can or cannot claim about his alleged affairs.
Can we agree to let the past and its rumours buried where they belong?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Empty posts and posts of no relevance to the thread topic have been removed.

Warren
Greek Forums moderator
Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Gentry

Other than foing back to Denmark does anyone know if Anne Marie ever did something sbout it or even said something?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen never discussed anything with outsiders.
The only thing she said once to a Point de Vue interview ages ago was that the King and her tried to give as stable a home as they could to their children.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
The Queen never discussed anything with outsiders.
The only thing she said once to a Point de Vue interview ages ago was that the King and her tried to give as stable a home as they could to their children.

Thank you very much Odette
Old 05-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

Aliki had a very hard time conceiving her son Yianni because she was borderline diabetic and I doubt she had an abortion with Constantine.She was very devout about bringing a child into the world and she was devout about things Hellenic. As to them having been in love and he having wanted her I think it would have assisted the monarchy in many ways because Aliki was Greek and not foreign.Queen Anne Marie has been brilliant in her calling but she is not Greek is she?And Aliki dear heart died as far as I am concerned of a broken heart because she did not marry her true love the King.Frederika was looking for a teutonic Bride of royal ancestry.
Botsis was too old for Aliki and she threw his engagement ring into Plateia Amerikis after a big break up. I was surprised to see her at his funeral in 1980 dressed in white at the First National. I wonder if Greece would have the mess it has today if the monarchy had stayed on and not be blamed for everything wrong with the country?