The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Courtier

Actually, it is known/rumoured that he had an affair with a rather well known Greek actress while he was both married and still King.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Gentry

THE TWO PRIOR posts are Black propaganda of the darkest kind!I have heard these stories over the years,but it was a general effort just to beat the unbeatable King and to remove him from power,and as soon as they succeded it,then they wanted to minimise His value to His people by spreading this Gaebelic trush through media to the Greek People!!It is a shame to those who recreate all these forgotten-by-all lies!!! Over and Out!!!

Old 02-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Commoner

Laskaris - I'll tell you something my mother always told me. Men will be men. To assume that the King never ever had an affair is to be believe in Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Lets also remember that women also have affairs. Every mature person knows these things happen Royalty or not at the end of the day what matters is, its kept behind closed doors and the 2 or 3 people involved resolve their issues behind close doors and not put it about the place in public. Another phrase from my mother never wash your dirty linen in public. I could not care less if the King has a harem but for goodness sake I don't want to hear about it. Or am I being old fashion here. Its none of our business - obviouslyif it affects judgements and succession then yes its an issue to be debated publicly. But come on give me a break list all past and future kings/crown princes or princesses that have not had affairs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Personally, I like hearing real stories about the royals. It makes them seem more human, and goodness knows some people look at them as if they're almost Gods.... If you don't like hearing this stuff, you don't have to read it. :)
Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

Let's clear something out!!As a Young Prince,of cource he was dating to various girls,he had a life.....but lets not make a big faz of this' Everybody goes arround and it is natural...for the development of eachone's personality!From the point he became a King all the stories wich are written before are untrue!!!!Maybe you like to hear juicy stories about kings,but that's where the propaganda starts!!On most people's feeling to see something extra vaccant on their royals!!Propaganda exadurates it and adds it with other negative things that might happen ..in it's dirty mind(I agree w/h lasaris)!!

So, the next time you guys want to hear storiew about my King,hear the good and funny stories,because He has an extra excellent sense of humor.....!! As a young prince He has done unbelievable jokes with His friends...Why you all learn the lies of propaganda,and you never learn the truth of His Majesty's Humor????
Old 02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand where the notion of some of the things other members have mentioned as being "propaganda" comes from. I, too, have read a lot of these stories, and certainly not all of them from "fluffy, tabloid-esque" organizastions, some in fact, from very trusted news sources about King Constantine's affairs.

King Constantine, as a Crown Prince and a King, exhiled or not, may very well be a good person overall, but that is not to say that he does not have his faults or is without any flaws. And certainly having affairs would count as a flaw. No person is absolutely perfect and faultless.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Gentry

As far as, my English allow me to understand,of the recent posts that I ve red,that the posters are victims of a propaganda {mostly 70's and 80's}that wants our King to be as corrupted,so,He(!!&#33doesn't worth to be a King..... anymore!Thats where this propaganda was aiming to.....I contribute this to this thread,so pelievers of coloquial media Don't write what you don't pelieve it's true,unless you want to damage royalty!!!Adios todos!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Aristocracy

SHE is the one who has managed to stay with him for fourty years despite his constant disregard to their marriage vows. She is the one who has made the accomplishment. For that I can admire her. But I could never admire him as a husband. I think that he is a bad husband. It's not hard to be married if you're allowed to cheat all the time. Then there's nothing to fight for.

But I could still admire him as a king.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

Let's change the subject:a new TV series is being prepared about the life of the popular Greek actress,Aliki Vougiouklaki.Aliki had a brief relationship (some say it was just a flirt) with Konstantinos in the early 60's,when he was still single.It is said that they were in love.The role of the ex-king will be played by a young talented actor,Othon Metaxas.I think it will be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it...
Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Let's change the subject:a new TV series is being prepared about the life of the popular Greek actress,Aliki Vougiouklaki.Aliki had a brief relationship (some say it was just a flirt) with Konstantinos in the early 60's,when he was still single.It is said that they were in love.The role of the ex-king will be played by a young talented actor,Othon Metaxas.I think it will be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it...
The then diadoch Constantine and Aliki had indeed an affaire. It was rumoured that he bought for her the apartment at Stissihorou so he could sneak out of the Herodus Atticus palace and spend time with her. They were both single, young and beautiful. Of course Q Frederika stepped in and put an end to that romance, rightfully so. Can you imagine if that story was playing out in the 90's instead of the 60's?? OMG!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

You do surprise me a lot,Odette!
I'm gonna stay in this forum forever....
I've read everything about Aliki's life,but I've never thought that Frideriki was involved in that story.Now it seems logical to me...Everything would be different if they could get married and still remain King and Queen.
Maybe all the Greeks would support the royal family until now.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Iakynthi I would not support them.....
I come from a mindset that royals should be royals and the rest of us should stay outside looking in.
Aliki (God rest her soul) was an actress who did quite well in her lifetime but she was not queen material.
Sweet 16 year old Anne Marie a princess from the north was so much more suitable for Constantine.
Do you truly believe that a young beautiful blue blooded princess married at 18 a young 24 year old handsome king, gave two children to the crown and could not hold the Greeks' love and support and Aliki Vougiouklaki could??
Old 08-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

Wink

Actually,I do.And you know why?
Aliki was already in the hearts of the greek people at that time.
Even if they ended up being the worst couple after a certain period(of course I believe Aliki was not the right woman or the right wife,if you prefer,for K.),the external "image" of the couple would be perfect and good enough for the people to love and support this faminy from then on...
Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe we should start a new thread about the relationship between Konstantinos and Aliki Vougiouklaki.I've got more details,because I just read her son's book "I have a secret".What do you think?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread about the relationship between Konstantinos and Aliki Vougiouklaki.I've got more details,because I just read her son's book "I have a secret".What do you think?
We can ask the moderators although I am afraid we will be the only two participating in that forum.
With regard to her son.........He may have a secret or two and he has no money since he squandered the millions she left him so that book may be tantalizing but I doubt it is accurate.
Hopefully he is not saying he is KC's son since that would be over the top...
Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

There's no need for an extra thread. With the wording "Constantine's
relationships" the title of this thread already allows all kinds of relationships
to be discussed. So, have fun sharing details and discussions

Iceflower
Greece - Forum Moderator
Old 09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you,iceflower!
It is stated that this relationship was just a romantic fairy-tale and that the media tried to present it like the greek version of Grace Kelly and the Prince R. of Monaco.Aliki admited that they went out together for a couple of times,especially during the carnival(dressed up like "domino"!).Konstantinos visited the theatre in order to see her and watched her movies.Aliki had stated that they used to talk for hours,he was a good guy,really kind,but he was very oppressed by his mother.And then,one day Frederika sent him in the greek province,in Serres(north Greece)for a tour.After that Aliki felt that she got over him and that she didn't need to be the "Grace Kelly of Greece",because she would be bored.Especially,after what Frederika had done(I believe she meant "after Fr.had shown fear"),Aliki was already feeling like a Queen("...and I'm not waiting for the prince anymore...").
Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphni View Post
yes i heard about the fountation and it would be great if he will give the money to the greeks who have needs.all i am saying is that until now he is only words not actions. i like royals thats why i am a member here.
about his child all i know is that he has no comiunication with her and that constantain was still a king when she was born.it is also heard that he had an affair with elena ford the daughter of president ford of usa.
i don't know that for sure.
Actually, this affair supposedly occurred right before he married Anne Marie - the affair was with Charlotte Ford who is the daughter of Henry Ford of the Ford car company. Very wealthy. She married Stavros Niarchos (a wealthy Greek shipping tycoon) after he very quickly divorced his wife. Stavros and Charlotte went skiing on their honeymoon with the ex-wife in tow. Charlotte was in her 20's and Stavros was a much, much older man. Charlotte gave birth to a daughter some months later. The daughter was named Elena and today she goes by the name of Elena Ford. Very soon after the birth, Charlotte divorced Stavros who quickly returned to his former wife.
Make whatever assumptions you want of the facts.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

Now that pamk mentioned Niarchos,I remembered something else:did Aristotelis Onassis have any kind of relationship or contacts with the GRF,especially with King Pavlos or with Konstantinos later?I was always wondering.Of course,Onassis spent very little time in Greece,only during summers in Skorpios,but his money was always available for his country...Does anyone know,at least if the GRF liked him or not?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

All I know is that the Niarchos family was/is close to the GRF. KC & QAM spent their honeymoon in Spetsopoula, the private island of Stavros Niarchos. I believe Onassis was too close to the Monaco princely family and spent a lot of time there during the summers.
With regard to the Ford whispers I agree with PamK. President Ford's daughter Susan had nothing to do with KC at any time in her life, let alone bear him a child.
I remember at some point when the GRF moved to London QAM had said that the Greek shipowners were "Obscenely rich". Mind you she could not predict at that point that her eldest son would marry a very nouveau riche himself........How life turns out sometimes.....