Constantine's Relationships

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, it is known/rumoured that he had an affair with a rather well known Greek actress while he was both married and still King.

:ninja: THE TWO PRIOR posts are Black propaganda of the darkest kind!I have heard these stories over the years,but it was a general effort just to beat the unbeatable King and to remove him from power,and as soon as they succeded it,then they wanted to minimise His value to His people by spreading this Gaebelic trush through media to the Greek People!!It is a shame to those who recreate all these forgotten-by-all lies!!! Over and Out!!!

Laskaris - I'll tell you something my mother always told me. Men will be men. To assume that the King never ever had an affair is to be believe in Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Lets also remember that women also have affairs. Every mature person knows these things happen Royalty or not at the end of the day what matters is, its kept behind closed doors and the 2 or 3 people involved resolve their issues behind close doors and not put it about the place in public. Another phrase from my mother never wash your dirty linen in public. I could not care less if the King has a harem but for goodness sake I don't want to hear about it. Or am I being old fashion here. Its none of our business - obviouslyif it affects judgements and succession then yes its an issue to be debated publicly. But come on give me a break list all past and future kings/crown princes or princesses that have not had affairs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I like hearing real stories about the royals. It makes them seem more human, and goodness knows some people look at them as if they're almost Gods.... If you don't like hearing this stuff, you don't have to read it. :)

:heart: Let's clear something out!!As a Young Prince,of cource he was dating to various girls,he had a life.....but lets not make a big faz of this' Everybody goes arround and it is natural...for the development of eachone's personality!From the point he became a King all the stories wich are written before are untrue!!!!Maybe you like to hear juicy stories about kings,but that's where the propaganda starts!!On most people's feeling to see something extra vaccant on their royals!!Propaganda exadurates it and adds it with other negative things that might happen ..in it's dirty mind(I agree w/h lasaris)!!

So, the next time you guys want to hear storiew about my King,hear the good and funny stories,because He has an extra excellent sense of humor.....!! As a young prince He has done unbelievable jokes with His friends...Why you all learn the lies of propaganda,and you never learn the truth of His Majesty's Humor????

I don't understand where the notion of some of the things other members have mentioned as being "propaganda" comes from. I, too, have read a lot of these stories, and certainly not all of them from "fluffy, tabloid-esque" organizastions, some in fact, from very trusted news sources about King Constantine's affairs.

King Constantine, as a Crown Prince and a King, exhiled or not, may very well be a good person overall, but that is not to say that he does not have his faults or is without any flaws. And certainly having affairs would count as a flaw. No person is absolutely perfect and faultless.

As far as, my English allow me to understand,of the recent posts that I ve red,that the posters are victims of a propaganda {mostly 70's and 80's}that wants our King to be as corrupted,so,He(!!!)doesn't worth to be a King..... anymore!Thats where this propaganda was aiming to.....I contribute this to this thread,so pelievers of coloquial media Don't write what you don't pelieve it's true,unless you want to damage royalty!!!Adios todos!!!

SHE is the one who has managed to stay with him for fourty years despite his constant disregard to their marriage vows. She is the one who has made the accomplishment. For that I can admire her. But I could never admire him as a husband. I think that he is a bad husband. It's not hard to be married if you're allowed to cheat all the time. Then there's nothing to fight for.

But I could still admire him as a king.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's change the subject:a new TV series is being prepared about the life of the popular Greek actress,Aliki Vougiouklaki.Aliki had a brief relationship (some say it was just a flirt) with Konstantinos in the early 60's,when he was still single.It is said that they were in love.The role of the ex-king will be played by a young talented actor,Othon Metaxas.I think it will be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it...;)

Let's change the subject:a new TV series is being prepared about the life of the popular Greek actress,Aliki Vougiouklaki.Aliki had a brief relationship (some say it was just a flirt) with Konstantinos in the early 60's,when he was still single.It is said that they were in love.The role of the ex-king will be played by a young talented actor,Othon Metaxas.I think it will be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it...;)

The then diadoch Constantine and Aliki had indeed an affaire. It was rumoured that he bought for her the apartment at Stissihorou so he could sneak out of the Herodus Atticus palace and spend time with her. They were both single, young and beautiful. Of course Q Frederika stepped in and put an end to that romance, rightfully so. Can you imagine if that story was playing out in the 90's instead of the 60's?? OMG!

You do surprise me a lot,Odette!
I'm gonna stay in this forum forever....:angel:
I've read everything about Aliki's life,but I've never thought that Frideriki was involved in that story.Now it seems logical to me...Everything would be different if they could get married and still remain King and Queen.
Maybe all the Greeks would support the royal family until now.;)

Oh Iakynthi I would not support them.....
I come from a mindset that royals should be royals and the rest of us should stay outside looking in.
Aliki (God rest her soul) was an actress who did quite well in her lifetime but she was not queen material.
Sweet 16 year old Anne Marie a princess from the north was so much more suitable for Constantine.
Do you truly believe that a young beautiful blue blooded princess married at 18 a young 24 year old handsome king, gave two children to the crown and could not hold the Greeks' love and support and Aliki Vougiouklaki could??

Actually,I do.And you know why?
Aliki was already in the hearts of the greek people at that time.
Even if they ended up being the worst couple after a certain period(of course I believe Aliki was not the right woman or the right wife,if you prefer,for K.),the external "image" of the couple would be perfect and good enough for the people to love and support this faminy from then on...

Maybe we should start a new thread about the relationship between Konstantinos and Aliki Vougiouklaki.I've got more details,because I just read her son's book "I have a secret".What do you think?

Maybe we should start a new thread about the relationship between Konstantinos and Aliki Vougiouklaki.I've got more details,because I just read her son's book "I have a secret".What do you think?

We can ask the moderators although I am afraid we will be the only two participating in that forum.:bang:
With regard to her son.........He may have a secret or two and he has no money since he squandered the millions she left him so that book may be tantalizing but I doubt it is accurate.
Hopefully he is not saying he is KC's son since that would be over the top...

There's no need for an extra thread. With the wording "Constantine's
relationships" the title of this thread already allows all kinds of relationships
to be discussed. So, have fun sharing details and discussions :)

Iceflower
Greece - Forum Moderator

Thank you,iceflower!
It is stated that this relationship was just a romantic fairy-tale and that the media tried to present it like the greek version of Grace Kelly and the Prince R. of Monaco.Aliki admited that they went out together for a couple of times,especially during the carnival(dressed up like "domino"!).Konstantinos visited the theatre in order to see her and watched her movies.Aliki had stated that they used to talk for hours,he was a good guy,really kind,but he was very oppressed by his mother.And then,one day Frederika sent him in the greek province,in Serres(north Greece)for a tour.After that Aliki felt that she got over him and that she didn't need to be the "Grace Kelly of Greece",because she would be bored.Especially,after what Frederika had done(I believe she meant "after Fr.had shown fear"),Aliki was already feeling like a Queen("...and I'm not waiting for the prince anymore...").

yes i heard about the fountation and it would be great if he will give the money to the greeks who have needs.all i am saying is that until now he is only words not actions. i like royals thats why i am a member here.
about his child all i know is that he has no comiunication with her and that constantain was still a king when she was born.it is also heard that he had an affair with elena ford the daughter of president ford of usa.
i don't know that for sure.

Actually, this affair supposedly occurred right before he married Anne Marie - the affair was with Charlotte Ford who is the daughter of Henry Ford of the Ford car company. Very wealthy. She married Stavros Niarchos (a wealthy Greek shipping tycoon) after he very quickly divorced his wife. Stavros and Charlotte went skiing on their honeymoon with the ex-wife in tow. Charlotte was in her 20's and Stavros was a much, much older man. Charlotte gave birth to a daughter some months later. The daughter was named Elena and today she goes by the name of Elena Ford. Very soon after the birth, Charlotte divorced Stavros who quickly returned to his former wife.
Make whatever assumptions you want of the facts.

Now that pamk mentioned Niarchos,I remembered something else:did Aristotelis Onassis have any kind of relationship or contacts with the GRF,especially with King Pavlos or with Konstantinos later?I was always wondering.Of course,Onassis spent very little time in Greece,only during summers in Skorpios,but his money was always available for his country...Does anyone know,at least if the GRF liked him or not?

All I know is that the Niarchos family was/is close to the GRF. KC & QAM spent their honeymoon in Spetsopoula, the private island of Stavros Niarchos. I believe Onassis was too close to the Monaco princely family and spent a lot of time there during the summers.
With regard to the Ford whispers I agree with PamK. President Ford's daughter Susan had nothing to do with KC at any time in her life, let alone bear him a child.
I remember at some point when the GRF moved to London QAM had said that the Greek shipowners were "Obscenely rich". Mind you she could not predict at that point that her eldest son would marry a very nouveau riche himself........How life turns out sometimes.....

I have just been reading the recent posts in this thread. Wow! I had no idea that Konstantine's life was such a soap-opera. This would make a very good movie.

I have just been reading the recent posts in this thread. Wow! I had no idea that Konstantine's life was such a soap-opera. This would make a very good movie.

Oh I would not go that far. He was a very attractive young man and had a brief affaire with the actress who was the #1 draw at the time. Then he became engaged at 22 with P AM They were married when he was 24 and he reigned till he was 27. He found himself a father of two at that age in Rome with no Crown, no country no seniority and razz mataz and he took it badly. He came through it all. The Queen and himself worked at their marriage produced 3 more children and by all accounts they are a happy couple.
Just look around at all the 27 year olds today and try to figure out who would be more mature to handle a similar situation.
I have great respect for both of them for the way they managed their life.

I agree with you, Odette about their maturity. I know that I definitely would not have been able to handle that situation in my 20s, nor do I think that I would be able to do so now. It is nice to see that they have worked hard on their marriage, especially since it is often so easy to walk away.

I'm sure they both received a lot of help from the Danish royal family.Am I wrong?

Now that pamk mentioned Niarchos,I remembered something else:did Aristotelis Onassis have any kind of relationship or contacts with the GRF,especially with King Pavlos or with Konstantinos later?I was always wondering.Of course,Onassis spent very little time in Greece,only during summers in Skorpios,but his money was always available for his country...Does anyone know,at least if the GRF liked him or not?

Stavros Niarchos and Aristotle Onassis were bitter rivals --- they married sisters. Niarchos' wife, Eugenie, was the wife whom she divorced to marry Charlotte Ford. Stavros and Eugenie remarried - they had had several children together. Eugenie died under very suspicious circumstances on the Greek island where they had a home. Of course, the isolation of this island made emergency aid very late in arriving and poor Eugenie died, Stavros was under a cloud of suspicion ever after due to this.
Stavros remarried after Eugenie's death to her sister, Tina, the ex-wife of his bitter rival Onassis. Onassis had married Jackie Kennedy; however, the marriage between Stavros and Tina infuriated Onassis. The Tina died under suspicious circumstances. When Tina's daughter, Cristina Onassis,
came to Stavros' apartment in Paris to view her mother's body, there was a dinner party going on. You can imagine Cristina's horror.
And on and on .... this whole story is a really sad Greek soap opera.

As Niarchos seemed very tight and close with the GRF, Onassis was attracted to American "royalty" at the time, the Kennedy family.

the First, I think that Alike was a great actress, singer and presenter of television .....
Secondly, I do not share his political ideology of Alike, she was intimate friend of Papandreu and especially of Dimitra, and she as all other Greek actors she participated with Karamanlis in the electoral campaign of 1974, by the republic.
Relation Constantino-Alike :
Constantino was very handsome, and in Greece people adored to him, the press related to him to all woman who approached him. I remember that in 1958, Corfu, a celebration, he made pair of dance with the daughter of an industralist dedicated to the steel or something thus ..... and the press of Greece said that she was her girlfriend. In 1959 in a celebration in the Real Nautical Club, he spoke with daughter of a famous Greek politician (Later a great republican), the press said that she was her girlfriend (only by speak)…
Bla bla bla….I could to continue speaking…he was very handsome... When he went to the theater accompanied by Princess Sofia and Princess Irene, the play interpreted Alike, it was to collect bottoms for the orphaned children of the north of Greece, When finalizing the work they greeted to Alike (it was normal), and…, she was beautifull, he was handsome..the rumor was born (she was7 years more that Constantino). It remembers to me to the image Nicholas - Victory of Sweden in birthday of Marta Luisa, they were together in the celebrations and ..... the journalists said that Victoria was the girlfriend of Nico, that they were in pub of London , that they fell in love in the baptism of Constantino the son of Pablo and Mc.Victoria had boyfriend and Nico had to Tatiana.
I think that is Alike benefit economically from the rumor.One greek actress ( I don´t remenber his name but whenI remenber it I will write) said in a interview in a magazine in 1993, that Alike made much money with it. The other Greek actresses had that to play the roles that Alike rejected
It was a business between Nasu Botsi
and Alike
Alike tapeworm a relation of love with Nasos, he was the director of several Greek newspapers and magazines of Greece.That peculiar! Nasos was the proprietors of newspapers and magazines that created the rumor Alike- Constantine. (Naxos said that he had a sister who worked in the Real palace of Athens ..... with the years knew that the sister of Nasos had not worked in the palace, she worked in a magazine of the brother)
Nasos put the money of the theater spectacles that towards Alike and of films.They filled theaters with the rumor, they made much money..
Alike said to Nasos that if he towards great, she married with him (he was a old man and ugly man) but when she was rich and famous , goodbye Nisos...The acttress greek , said in the interview that Alike remain with the society that Nasos has created to manage the businesses
I will speak us more details but I translate bad to the English…
In conclusion, it was a rumor, behind of the rumor had economic interests.

Finally, speaking on another subject, I do not like the treatment given to the Greek press to Queen Ana Maria, they call her with contempt "the Danish" I think that in his day those same journalists criticized to the Queen Federica said that she was Nazy and racist and yet in the past 40 years, they are the racist with his comments:
she was the Quenn of Grecece, the people of greece wanted a lot to her, she was not to the "the danish".They are about liars, they hide the images of Queen Ana Maria. She is not dead and have a name, I want that Greek newspapers stop lying and say that Ana Maria had no historical value in Greece, she was " the Danish". I want to stop that deal with contempt, it is not the Danish and she is alive! "

Yannis is the son of Alike y Papamachali, he is drug addict, and he has sold the rights to ALFA television, record a series of life-Alike and Papamachali.

Papamachali died in 2004 and Alike in 1996.
I forgot, Alike left Nasu, the ugly, by Papamachali which was handsome.

A new photo was published by the new Life & Style.Aliki and Anna Maria in the backstage of the theatre talking and smiling to each other.The then Queen went backstage to congratulate the famous actress!!It must have been taken in the late 60's,because Dimitris Papamichael was standing next to Aliki,smiling to the Queen.The 2 actors were already in a relationship,so either Anna Maria felt "safe" and "comfortable" to talk to the star or she never learnt about Aliki-Constantine's affair....or she knew and she has a very very "big" heart...you never know with those royals!!

I've also read that many years later Irene Pappa,the famous actress,attended a party.Konstantinos was also there.They started talking and she asked him if his affair with Aliki was true.Konstantinos gave a diplomatic answer:"That's what my father asked me,too!"....

I've also read that many years later Irene Pappa,the famous actress,attended a party.Konstantinos was also there.They started talking and she asked him if his affair with Aliki was true.Konstantinos gave a diplomatic answer:"That's what my father asked me,too!"....

This is why it is best for royals to stick with royals. No one so far (true royal) went to the TV or magazines to discuss their personal lives.
It is the new crop that brings them in show them around and talk about what they did or what was done to them..
If that story is true, I believe Irene Pappas was a tad forward asking him such a question and expecting an answer.

Irene Pappas is not a journalist or a paparazzo or a b-movie starlet.She's an old family friend of the GRF.They socialize very often and as far as I know they enjoy their time together.She was invited at Arietta's christening in Barcelona and I remember a photo in which Constantine had his hand on her back (in the well-known Greek friendly way) and they were laughing along with Anna-Maria and Pavlos.I'm sure that he could give a straight answer to her,like:"Yes,I was in love with Aliki,but that was a long time ago." Or would it make more sense if he gave that answer to Queen Elisabeth or Infanta Elena,because they happen to be royals?For God's sake....

Back
Top Bottom