Constantine's Relationships

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we did not give him any money at all????
do you live in greece vangeliskirialanis??
i have nothing against constantine i don't mind if he comes to live in greece as a common.he was born in greece i agree that he is greek maybe not 100%. anyway he did a lot of mistakes you have to admite that this is why he was exciled as a king.
the fact that marie chantal don't speak greek or her children what do you think of that? all i see is that she had money not a tittle, so she married an exciled prince for the tittle only. constantain raised his children as greeks they went to a greek school in london.pavlos is not doing the same.even if we wanted them back with that additue i don't think so...and V i am not the only one to say that.

visit the official site of constantain and you will see that he took money from the greek goverment.

Daphni  Posted on Oct 28th, 2003 - 5:44 am

visit the official site of constantain and you will see that he took money from the greek goverment.

Daphni,

Have you got a link to the official site ?

Does anyone know any more about the child the king allegedly had out of wedlock? Has he had contact with the child?
Is he continuing to have affairs, or has he settled down?

Originally posted by Sean.~+Oct 27th, 2003 - 3:43 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Oct 27th, 2003 - 3:43 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cuervo@Oct 27th, 2003 - 2:34 am
:heart:  :heart: Sean + Alexandria  I love you :blush:  ;) I also want to contribute with 1 more historical detail:

King Constantine's siblings coming straight ,from last Emperial Dynasty of Byzantium {Palaelogos}who were also Greeks roulers of Mystras,so,there is no question about His Majesty Blood!As for all the roomers that are "circulating'from 'gossip magazines' to media and then to our ears and then into this forum.......One word!Lies!!!!  :yuk:
Um...they are definitely_not_descendant from the Palaeologus (correct spelling), as the Palaeologus line is extinct. If you claim otherwise, perhaps you would be good enough to trace the lineage for us.

Sean. [/b][/quote]
;) Thank you for correction,soon soon I will answer to that!!Just give me alittle time until i get my old books gathered and give you a resume'e...!!!But can you tell me -at least- who was the last PalaeOlogos????..........

Originally posted by cuervo+Oct 28th, 2003 - 4:18 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cuervo @ Oct 28th, 2003 - 4:18 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Daphni@Oct 28th, 2003 - 5:32 am
we did not give him any money at all????
do you live in greece vangeliskirialanis??
i have nothing against constantine i don't mind if he comes to live in greece as a common.he was born in greece i agree that he is greek maybe not 100%. anyway he did a lot of mistakes you have to admite that this is why he was exciled as a king.
the fact that marie chantal don't speak greek or her children what do you think of that? all i see is that she had money not a tittle, so she married an exciled prince for the tittle only. constantain raised his children as greeks they went to a greek school in london.pavlos is not doing the same.even if we wanted them back with that additue i don't think so...and V i am not the only one to say that.
...All He wanted,was his property back!!Greek regime,gave Him a sum of money {confiscation fee}....King heard, that regime took these money from agricultural disasters Fund!!!He didn't want to receive these money,so He made a Foundation He named it after the name of our Queen ANNA-MARIA ...The purpose of the fountation wich was established last August,is to help groups of Greek people after natural desasters!That is the way He found to return the
money back to the Greek people!! [/b][/quote]
:eek:

yes i heard about the fountation and it would be great if he will give the money to the greeks who have needs.all i am saying is that until now he is only words not actions. i like royals thats why i am a member here.
about his child all i know is that he has no comiunication with her and that constantain was still a king when she was born.it is also heard that he had an affair with elena ford the daughter of president ford of usa.
i don't know that for sure.

Not all of the monies were allocated to the foundation. There was see money & the interest from that money, as well as other donations (IIRC), will make up the bulk of the foundations funds.

Sean. ~

I am not a fan nor a devotee of GRF-though I am compassionate for the wife-
Anne Marie. I have made my comments of criticisms of Constantine and everyone
here is aware of it. I was censored for it. So I do not post much.

But I do feel, if a man wants to have a extra currecular activity, he should be
intelligent enough to be discreet. Use common sense.

The public image is so vital. It is also healthier for the children.

To help the wife save face.

That is all I wanted to say.

Some men, regardless of position in life, can be strong enough to withstand
the temptation to act on impulse, and others, well, they just go ahead and
have their lust fullfilled.

What was left out of the long winded story geneology, Sean, was the fact that
Sophie of Anhalt - Zerbst, aka Catherine the Great, had affairs with Orlov,
and she made sure that Peter her husband thought the baby was his!

so the heirs are with Orlov blood, as well as Prussian provence of Anhalt Zerbst,
aka Germanic.

He made alot of errors and this is why the Greek people hold him as a man,
responsible. he is man like any other-he puts his pants on the same way
I do, you do, and every man does. He is not a god who lives for a 1000
years, he is a man. All men dislike to admit our age where we know we are
not superman, where we know our time here is limited. God made man
and we are not angels with infinity lives. We wish it were otherwise.

That is why, when man reaches the top of any profession in his life, he has
buildings, plaques, made with his image or name for all to see, hoping it outlives
him! Peter the Great is larger than life-visit St Petersburg and see the magnificent
statute of him on a horse. Man is big with ego. man is also like a dog, it is true.
Hence men are weak, this is what women say and they are right, but no man
likes to "admit it."

"we are never wrong" and always right--this is what causes problems for us.

Anyhow, the people have spoken. BTW, there are Greeks who are Greek
American and they are not born in Greece proper, and they are Greek.
I am one of them.

But being born in a nation only gives the status as "nationality" born in...
if someone is born in USA- they are considered "American" but they
can label themselves Greek-American...

Eitherway, he made mistakes in judgement and this plus the civil war era
in Greece, alot of survivors are on either side of the camp-either for or
bitter and against and this is a hot topic with no end in sight.

If I had a magic wand I would happily make everyone happy.

You made some good points Sean.

What was left out of the long winded story geneology, Sean, was the fact that

And here I thought that I was just being thorough :cry:

Sophie of Anhalt - Zerbst, aka Catherine the Great, had affairs with Orlov,
and she made sure that Peter her husband thought the baby was his!

so the heirs are with Orlov blood, as well as Prussian provence of Anhalt Zerbst,
aka Germanic.

Yes, I am well aware of this rumour, but there are divergent theories *& schools of thought on this. I could get into it, but I won't. Suffice it to say, Peter was the acknowledged father.

You made some good points Sean.

Why, thank you.

Sean, you were being thorough, not long winded :)
Take a look at how long the post calling you that was :p :lol: :innocent:
Nah, to be thorough sometimes one must type a lot :)

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Oct 30th, 2003 - 12:28 pm
Sean, you were being thorough, not long winded :)
Take a look at how long the post calling you that was :p :lol: :innocent:
Nah, to be thorough sometimes one must type a lot :)

I know, but in fairness to George, I *think* he was just joking.

Sean

AM must have a stomach made out of cast iron to tollerate and stay married
to C.

Not easy.

i'm sorry i'm posting at the tailend but i just want to point out that the byzantine line is NOT extinct. Direct descendants of the family are still to be found on a small island in the Mediterranean, with the surname Ciantar Palaeogolus.

Originally posted by Sean.~+Oct 27th, 2003 - 6:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Oct 27th, 2003 - 6:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vangeliskirialanis@Oct 27th, 2003 - 5:02 pm
Let His Majesty alone and away from those lies !!!! His Majesty is a Greek by birth and the blood that flows in His Royal Veins is 100% Greek !!!!! If there's a thing that I cannot stand , this is to see my King beign abused and/or blamed for some silly gossips !!! King Constantine II is trully devoted to Queen Anna Maria of Greece , and Their love is more powerfull than anyone can imagine !!! If there was someone to give courage and strength to King Constantine II during all those years in Exile , that person was Queen Anna Maria , and thanks to Her Majesty , Her husband had never gave up fighting to proove that He trully cares for Greece !!!!! For me (and for the other Greek Royalists ) , King Constantine II and Queen Anna Maria are somewhat like my second parents , and I trully love Them with all my heart and my spirit!!!!  And ,yes , the Greek Royal Family are coming right down from the Paleologos Dynasty of the Byzantine Empire , and there are many historical documents as a proof of this fact .....  In an another post I will write out in few words about this .  So please show respect to the King and His Royal Family , and stop blaming Him , because this is not right and  it bothers His supporters .

And to those who say the prothesis "ex-" before King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria .... King Constantine II and His Royal Family never lost Their title , and as some of you may know , the good old quote says " Once a King, forever a King " and King Constantine was born as a King , so He IS the King and not "Ex- king" as some guys here believe ......

Hey, also , I want to ask if anyone likes the video game " Soul Calibur 2 " from Namco ( I have the version for Playstation 2 ) it is a great ROYAL game!!!!

Fireweaver, I rest my case.
;)

To V:

Firstly, I agree that the King is Greek by nationality, but by nationality only. He is not of the Greek ethnicity. For you to say that the "blood in his veins is 100 Greek" is 100% inaccurate. There is little Slavic blood in his veins. His great-Grandmother, Olga Constantinova was a Russian Grand Duchess by birth, however, even she had an infinitesimal amount of Russian/Slavic blood. Thus Constantine is predominately germanic/Aryan. The only members of the _former_Greek royal family to have (known) 'Greek blood' were the fromer Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia (duaghter of Alexander I & Aspasia Manos) and Alexandra and Olga, the daughters of former Prince Michael of Greece & Denmark and Marina Kerella.

Secondly, it is widely known that Constantine has had affairs & that Anne Marie went back to Denmark for a while because of this. You believe what you want, but there are first hand sources.

He isn't a god and is mortal. As such, he will make human mistakes. I've heard Constantine speak before and he didn't make much of an impression on me. In my view, he isn't too bright and made some huge mistakes when he was King. This is why he is sitting in London as opposed to Athens. Moreover, knowing his history (and being objective), IMO, Anne Marie is way too good for him. I've heard from first hand sources as to how he treats his wife and kids, but I won't get into that here. Of course, this doesn't necessarily make him a bad person and you can love and "worship" him all you want.

Thirdly, he may indeed care for Greece. Although from what I can tell, he cares about himself more. Hence the multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Greek government. IMO, he knows that he never going to be restored and thus was trying to get as money as possible in order to secure his finanical position and that of his heirs (excluding Pavlos). It certainly didn't win him any friends in Greece. Indeed, if he cared so much for Greece he would have given the full amount to the Greek people, or better yet, he would have never taken it from them (in the form of the lawsuit) to begin with. It would have been much more magnanimous if he would have said 'I want no compensation because I refuse to take one Euro from the Greek people, as they need it more than I.'

Fourthly, the "Paleologos" dynasty, as you call it, is extinct. There is no diret descent. Constnantine descends from the houses of Sleschwig-Holstien-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, Guelph, Hohenzollern, Romanov, Saxe-Altenburg etc., but not "Paleologos". However, admittedly, some of his more zealous, revisionist devotees claim descent in order to bolster his legitimacy.

If you claim direct descent (not to mention '100 percent Greek blood') please show a family tree going back to the Paleologos.

Fifthly, he isn't being 'blamed' per se (at least not here). He is being scrutinized because he is a public and historic figure. If you, or he, wish otherwise, perhaps he it would be prudent for him to govern himself more appropriately and/or he should stop courting publicity. People will not refrain from discrussion of his policies and his charachter just because it "bothers his supporters". After all, there are such things as free speech and historiographical debate, you know.

Sixthly, whether supporters like it or not, he_is_an ex-King. Greece is now a republic and has been for thirty years. The republic is the country's legitimate government and the president, voted in by the country's citizens, is the legitimate head of state. Besides, Constantine himself refers to himself as ex-King or former King. [/b][/quote]
;) Firstly ,I must declare that iam no geneologst,I have some questions for the above text!:

First question is whence the Empire of all Russias got it's Eblem(The Double headedEagle) and the NAME 'Olga' (wich is not slavian)???.....

Second question is refered to your statement that Paleologos 'line' is exctincted!!Is it so??There is a holly myth almost a fable that all of us(Hellenes).. heard and belevied in our childhood.....that our Emperor is sleeping......You wouldn't understand because you are not Greek I supose.....

For mutual understanding let's use the phrase that "Imperial Paleologos line was 'marmarised'....within the end of the Byzantine Empire!Many princes and princesses and other members of Paleologos family,as well as Paleologos (as a Family name still excists and all of them ,are descendants of this Emperial line .....)
So: Many Princes and Princesses of the 'marmarised line' enriched other Royal Houses of Europe(mostly of Christians).....

That is why I support THE FACT that Contantine of Greece is The Thirteenth descendand of Constantine Paleologos and the reason that encourages my pelief is that he has double relatioship with Paleologos from both of His ancestors George I and Olga {Constantinova}.......

She looks so sweet--how did she end up with the reputed crownless womanizer?

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:44 pm
She was young (18 at the time of marriage). I don't think she expected what was to come. To her immense credit she's handled everything wtih dignity.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:44 pm
Hello Bubette.
I am curious to know why you call King Konstantin for a womanizer ?
If he has been unfaithfull to Queen AnneMaria well then let them talk about it and then let them finish the subjekt.

Isn't his womanizing the reason A-M took her children to Denmark for a while to live? I read somewhere that her family convinced her to go back.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Feb 7th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
Isn't his womanizing the reason A-M took her children to Denmark for a while to live? I read somewhere that her family convinced her to go back.
Maby the reason that Queen AnneMaria was living her in Denmark was that she had been missing her parrents,sisters and rest of her familiy.
I don´t think that king Konstantin has been unfaithfull to the queen and ther children,but if he has well that is ther one buisnes and NOT our.
Wher did you read that the reason for her leaving with her children was that he was unfaithful to her?
I think that the reason for her leaving for Denmark with her children was that she had had a miscarriage and that hurts to haf one of thoes kindes.
In the futur i hope that they are abel to be living in Greece maby not as King and Queen but like peapol like us.

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:44 pm
Hello Bubette.
I am curious to know why you call King Konstantin for a womanizer ?
If he has been unfaithfull to Queen AnneMaria well then let them talk about it and then let them finish the subjekt. [/b][/quote]
It was on a thread here that I read it! Do a search.

Constantine has not been faithful to Anne-Marie throughout his marriage. Perhaps now that he is older he has calmed down. He may have been faithful for many years at this point. But, it was really fairly well-known that Constantine had affairs and his wife was quite aware of it. He had one in Italy that was very well-documented at the time. Anne-Marie did go to Denmark at one point with the children and lived with her mother. Perhaps, she missed her family. I would think so after all that she went through at such a young age at that time, however, I tend to believe that she did in essence leave Constantine, just not officially. It simply appeared as though she was in Denmark having an extended visit with her family.

My theory is that Anne-Marie didn't marry a crownless womanizer. When they married he was a reigning monarch and I don't think that his affairs began until after he was deposed. The women were most likely a desperate attempt at making himself feel powerful, superior, and maybe even interesting and wanted. It's hard for a man or anyone to have to deal with losing an entire country and his entire reason for being. He simply dealt with it in one of the worst ways possible, IMO. However, this is my personal theory on how the affairs came to be.

However, it really is not gossip. Constantine did have affairs. Personally, I think that it is in the past and that his womanizing most likely stopped a long time ago. Regardless, the two are still together and really appear to be happy at this point in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom