The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

The Hashemites

some pix of JRF ancestors, and of Muna and kids in London, in Sept '03, 2 pix of Q dina and KH's wed in '55, -PS- 2 pix of Nayef, Noor Hamzah's grandfather, and of KA the I and K Talal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KAtheFirst.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	90232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nayef.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	90233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nayef1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	90234  
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

Thank You!

I love the photos! A lot of energy and time had to have gone into posting them....thank you so very much for doing all of this work so we can all enjoy these lovely images!!!!

Mary Shawn

Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Yes, thanks tipper for posting these pictures....Some of the people I don't quite recognize.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Yes, thanks tipper for posting these pictures....Some of the people I don't quite recognize.
if u tell me which pix, I mean in which u did not recognize some1 ? hope to be of any help-:) :) :p
Old 04-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
if u tell me which pix, I mean in which u did not recognize some1 ? hope to be of any help-:) :) :p

The first four pictures in the first post...The men...I don't recognize any of them.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
some pix of JRF ancestors, and of Muna and kids in London, in Sept '03, 2 pix of Q dina and KH's wed in '55, -PS- 2 pix of Nayef, Noor Hamzah's grandfather, and of KA the I and K Talal.

the first pic is of K Talal, the 2nd is of KA the I, the 3rd and 4th are of P Nayef, P Noor Hamzah's grandfather.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The Hashemites

This thread is to discuss the Hashemite dynasty, starting from HAshim ibn Abd al-Manaf, the founder of the dynasty, to King Talal I, father of King Hussein II and grandfather of the current King.

Here is the brief introduction to the Hashemite dynasty:

The Hashemites trace their ancestry from Hashim ibn Abd al-Manaf, the great-grandfather of Prophet Muhammad, from who the dynasty name comes. It is also believed the dynasty is descendant from Fatima, the Prophetís daughter. The struggle between Hashemites and rival dynasty Umayyads eventually led to the religious split between Sunni and Shia.

After the collapse of the Ottoman power, Hussein bin Ali of the Hashemite dynasty rules and independent Hejaz. His rival, Ibn Saud, annexed Hejaz and named his own son, Faysal bin Abdelaziz al Saud as governor. The region was later incorporated into Saudi Arabia.

Of Husseinís 5 sons, the eldest, Ali, briefly succeeded to the Throne of Hejaz, before it was annexed to the Saud Family. His second son, Abdullah later became King of Transjordan, and whose descendants established the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Husseinís third son, Faisal, was briefly King of Syria, before becoming King of Iraq. Husseinís fourth son, Prince Zeid, became claimant to the Throne of Iraq, when his brotherís grandson was overthrown and murdered in 1958. Prince Hassan died at a young age.

The rule of Hashemite dynasty in Iraq ended after 1958 revolution, however the dynasty continues to successfully rule in Jordan.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Isn't there a thread on this somewhere?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

We have Hashemite Dynasty thread in the Royal Geneology Forum, which is focused on the geneology of the family.
This thread is for general discussion of the Dynasty.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Courtier

King Hussein was very popular but he was king for 46 years. The only other two kings before him were reigning for 2 years before assassination and 1 year before being sent to a mental health institution so really I am not surprised about your statment of hussein being the most popular and abdullah doesn't match up to his father in many people's eyes. Rania definitely needs to spend much more time in Jordan doing things that actually makes a difference and to stop the top down attitude of knowing what is best. There are many educated people in Jordan but if you aren't a favourite then you don't get heard.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
King Hussein was very popular but he was king for 46 years. The only other two kings before him were reigning for 2 years before assassination and 1 year before being sent to a mental health institution so really I am not surprised about your statment of hussein being the most popular and abdullah doesn't match up to his father in many people's eyes. Rania definitely needs to spend much more time in Jordan doing things that actually makes a difference and to stop the top down attitude of knowing what is best. There are many educated people in Jordan but if you aren't a favourite then you don't get heard.
King Abdullah I may have been king for only 2 or 3 years, but since 1923 he was the Emir of (then) Transjordan.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
King Abdullah I may have been king for only 2 or 3 years, but since 1923 he was the Emir of (then) Transjordan.
Yes but let's be honest the royal house of Jordan is a British invention and the Hashemites aren't even Jordanian but from the Hejaz.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Yes, (Trans-)Jordan was created by the British Empire. Almost all the borders in the Middle East were "created" by Britain (and France).
But nowadays the Arabs living there (in former Trans-Jordan) see themselves first as Jordanians than as Arabs (at least the East Bankers) and have more or less accepted being ruled by the Hashemites (from Mecca).
Old 12-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Courtier

But there are more West Bankers there now and things aren't as settled internally.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Courtier

There are (many) problems between East and West Bankers and they cannot be resolved before the Palestinian problem as a whole will find a just solution. But even for the Palestinians in Jordan (who still do not know if they will stay for ever there or return to the other side of the Jordan river one day) there is no credible alternative to the actual regime.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
There are (many) problems between East and West Bankers and they cannot be resolved before the Palestinian problem as a whole will find a just solution. But even for the Palestinians in Jordan (who still do not know if they will stay for ever there or return to the other side of the Jordan river one day) there is no credible alternative to the actual regime.

The aspirations of the people to govern themselves have never been fostered but let's do this via pm OK?
Old 12-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
The aspirations of the people to govern themselves have never been fostered but let's do this via pm OK?
That is unfortunately the standard not the exception in the Middle East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
We've been trying over the past couple of years to add more substantive content; we do allow political discussions (and religious ones) as long as they have something to do with the royal topics, which is a relaxation of the earlier rules which involved a blanket prohibition)
Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Actually 1921 not 1923
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Yes, but only in May 1923 Transjordan was granted by the British a certain degree of formal independence with Abdullah as ruler in an official announcement.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hashemites of Iraq -cousins of the Jordanian royal family

Cousins of the jordanian royal family .... royals of Iraq
HM king Faisal I of Iraq and Syria ...
HM king Ghazi of Iraq..
HM king King Faisal II...
Crown Prince Abd al-Ilāh of Iraq