Queen Zein al Sharaf (1916-1994)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Queen Zein el Sharaf, 1953

Attachments

• Queen Zein el Sharaf, 1953.jpg
    Queen Zein el Sharaf, 1953.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7,075
King Hussein and Queen Zein Al-Sharaf

Attachments

• hussein.bmp
    181.6 KB · Views: 469
Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Zein suffered from Parkinson's Disease for many years. She was eighty when she diedso I guess it was a combination of the illness and plain and simple old age.

Queen Zein had a tiara too....

Attachments

• BE071945queen zein2.jpg
    BE071945queen zein2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6,086
  • queen6.jpg
    queen6.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 20,142
  • U1123122queen zein3.jpg
    U1123122queen zein3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,620
  • U1217259queen zein4.jpg
    U1217259queen zein4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,475
Does anyone know how Zein got along with her daughters-in-law (by KH)? I know she did not (understandably0 like PMuna. But what about the other three?

Reina said:
Does anyone know how Zein got along with her daughters-in-law (by KH)? I know she did not (understandably0 like PMuna. But what about the other three?

i don't think she likes any of them specialy QA

Reina said:

I heard she did not like Q Noor.

suria said:
i don't think she likes any of them specialy QA

Wow, she didn't like any of them? I wonder was it because she felt that none of them were good enough for her son, or was she one of those mothers who wanted to pick their son's wife themselves? Just wondering out loud....:cool: :confused:

sommone said:
Wow, she didn't like any of them? I wonder was it because she felt that none of them were good enough for her son, or was she one of those mothers who wanted to pick their son's wife themselves? Just wondering out loud....:cool: :confused:

she was the one who chose Dina for her son, I think she liked Dina, she was her distant cousin- I've come across an old mag, from 1962, there's a short article about Queen Dina, it reads she has just started to work as a journalist in a main Egyptian newspaper, so she worked as a journalist, after her divorce.

tipper said:
she was the one who chose Dina for her son, I think she liked Dina, she was her distant cousin- I've come across an old mag, from 1962, there's a short article about Queen Dina, it reads she has just started to work as a journalist in a main Egyptian newspaper, so she worked as a journalist, after her divorce.

Thanks for the info, Tipper. So it was she who chose QD...no wonder everyone else didn't quite measure up if it's fair to say that.

sommone said:
Thanks for the info, Tipper. So it was she who chose QD...no wonder everyone else didn't quite measure up if it's fair to say that.

sure, sommone, but, as KH himself said afterwords, years later his divorce from Dina, he was terribly unhappy with Dina, " the saddest time of his life", there was no love in their marriage,- it reminds me of the Royal weds of the past which were , all of them but a few, arranged, and usually it was the wife who was very very unhappy and the hubby , of course, had 1 or more steady lovers.:) ;) :) ;)

This pic was taken on the 48th b-day of Queen Zein, when was she born ?;) :)

Attachments

• QZeinbday.jpg
    QZeinbday.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 9,694
emily62_1 said:
This pic was taken on the 48th b-day of Queen Zein, when was she born ?;) :)

Queen Zein was born in 1916, so this pic was taken in 1964

salma said:
Queen Zein was born in 1916, so this pic was taken in 1964

well, that's odd as the mag I took the pic from was dated 1968, in fact she has the twins, who were born in 1968, in her lap, so she was celebrating her 52th b-day, the mag was wrong, sorry for that-

When Queen Zein was alive, it was expected that all her children and their spouses and children would gather at her home on Sunday (no one told QN this so she was in the doghouse for awhile before she began attending--she states this in her book "Leap of Faith.") I wonder if that tradition of getting the family together has died out or if P Hassan and/or P Basma have tried to continue it. It was a way for everyone--aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings--to connect and I think it was a lovely tradition.

Beautiful in this picture

Thanks

I dont like her hairstyle ..!!

Back
Top Bottom