The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Monegasque Princely History

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
At that time joining the Italian army was mandatory.It became a "volunteer army" only one year ago. Italians are never been that patriotic.
Oh well see I didn't know that! thanks for the new info Tosca!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Suonymona's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: *******, United States
Posts: 830
Because of their father's disputed Italian citizenship, could the Casiraghi Trio try for dual Italian citizenship if they wanted to?

Ann
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
I think what your referring to sounds more like a theocracy then a monarchy

If religion has nothing to do with monarchy, please can you tell us why Princess Caroline asked the Holy Father, the Pope John-Paul II, to legitimate his first three children, in spite of the absence of church wedding?

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Monaco is not member of the EU. Not at all.

Euro is the official currency of Monaco. Monaco who did not sign the act accession to the EU, must be regarded as being a member of EU. Euro is the currency of the only Member States of the EU, under certain conditions.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
Euro is the official currency of Monaco. Monaco who did not sign the act accession to the EU, must be regarded as being a member of EU. Euro is the currency of the only Member States of the EU, under certain conditions.

Louis-le-14ème.
No it is not and this statement just shows how you like to twist and turn facts to suit your own purposes. MC has the Euro because of its treaties with France. Before the currency was the Franc. MC would not be able to support its own currency. The use of the French currency guarantees for MC a stable currency which is necessary to be attractive for investors. San Marino and Andorra are doing the same thing, but are, if I am not mistaken, not members of the EU. There are several members of the EU though which do not have the Euro, but as a French legitimist you are probably still cross with the UK and refuse to consider them a member of the EU I suppose. The Euro is not an indicator of membership in the EU. Please get your facts straight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
You are staring to sound like a broken record when you keep repeating the same things over and over again. We are not stupid. We do get your point, but it just simply doesn't go with the facts.

According to you, the current rule of succession is perfect and corresponds to the Grimaldi spirit.

Please, can you tell us why this rule is so criticized by the members of the House of Grimaldi? Do not forget that Grimaldi of Monaco form part of the same House.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
According to you, the current rule of succession is perfect and corresponds to the Grimaldi spirit.

Please, can you tell us why this rule is so criticized by the members of the House of Grimaldi? Do not forget that Grimaldi of Monaco form part of the same House.

Louis-le-14ème.
Which members? And the reason why they would? because they have their own interests. As far as I know there is a distant relation living in France who claims that, if succession rules would have been followed, he would be running MC now. Problem is, then MC was worth nothing, now it is worth billions. So why would someone want to get his hands on it? Beats me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
If religion has nothing to do with monarchy, please can you tell us why Princess Caroline asked the Holy Father, the Pope John-Paul II, to legitimate his first three children, in spite of the absence of church wedding?

Louis-le-14ème.
You tell me...

BTW, Monaco is definitely not a member of EU; as far as I know they would like to accede though. And they recently joined the Council of Europe (a completely different organization, but still an important one).

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
MC has the Euro because of its treaties with France. Before the currency was the Franc. MC would not be able to support its own currency. The use of the French currency guarantees for MC a stable currency which is necessary to be attractive for investors.

I agree with you.
The sovereignty of Monaco, compared to France, is not total.
As monarchist, I feel very close to Monaco and this situation does not delight me, but it deserves to be underlined for our US colleagues who think that Monaco is really independent.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Suonymona's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: *******, United States
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
If religion has nothing to do with monarchy, please can you tell us why Princess Caroline asked the Holy Father, the Pope John-Paul II, to legitimate his first three children, in spite of the absence of church wedding?

Louis-le-14ème.
Caroline didn't ask the Pope to legitimize her three older children. She petitioned for her marriage to Junot to be annulled-meaning in the eyes of the church, it never took place. Neither her ceremony to Junot or to Stefano took place in a church, but they were religiously binding.

By the Junot marriage never having taken place in the eyes of the Church, her marriage to Stefano Casiraghi became her first and thus her children were recognized as 'legal'.

If the annullment had been rejected, Caroline would still (as long as Junot is living) be considered married to him (in the eyes of the Church) and thusly her children by Stefano AND Ernst would be considered illegitimate, born of unrecognized marriages.

Funny how when corrected on one angle, you take another tact Louis. Just why did you join these Forums?

And calling yourself a monarchist and legitamist while arguing over the validity of a 250+year old will is like calling yourself a Marxist-Leninist and saying Communism is bad.

Ann

ETA spelling error
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 04-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
I'm sorry, but in this Louis is right: when Caro's marriage to Junot was annulled (finally) in 1992, Stefano was unfortunately already dead; so she asked the Pope to recognize her kid as "legitimate" for the Church because her and Stefano could not get married anymore. This happened in 1993.
What I don't agree is the interpretation Louis gives of this, as, as far as I know, neither Alexandra nor Steph's kid are considered legitimate by the Church, but they are in line of succession anyway.

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 04-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Caroline didn't ask the Pope to legitimize her three older children. She petitioned for her marriage to Junot to be annulled-meaning in the eyes of the church, it never took place. Neither her ceremony to Junot or to Stefano took place in a church, but they were religiously binding.
If I remember correctly Caroline was married in the cathedral to Junot. And I believe they actually walked back to the palace (at least that's what the pics seem to suggest). If the ceremony would have been just civil, it would not have been necessary to have an annulment since for the church she wouldn't have been considered married anyways.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
What I don't agree is the interpretation Louis gives of this, as, as far as I know, neither Alexandra nor Steph's kid are considered legitimate by the Church, but they are in line of succession anyway.

Kisses
I think Caro obtained a recognition of her 2nd marriage after Stefanos death. Alexandra is considered part of the house of Hannover not of the Grimaldis. She has also been baptised protestant, if I am not mistaken. Steph was never married in church. But in the change of the constituion it is no where stated that the child needs to be legitimate in the eyes of the church, so as long as the parents have been married to each other, they will be considered legitimate heirs. Thus the only one excluded would be Camille and I think for her it wouldn't matter much, since her chances are so slim that it would have to entail the death of the major part of her family for to get the throne.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-02-2006, 09:23 AM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
But didn't Caroline seek an annulment ten years before 1993! But it just took 10 years for the Vatican and the Holy Father to approve to it! Or something like that, thats what I heard happened, but I'm not sure. :o
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Caroline got married in the Palais Chapel, not in the Cathedral, on the 29th of June 1978. She divorced in 1980 and soon filed for annulment following her mother's advice. At the time Caro didn't care so much about the annulment but after she met Stefano she became very passionate about it as both of them really wanted to be able to get married in Church. Unfortunately the annulment arrived two years after Stefano death and so Caro wrote a letter to the Pope to ask him to legitimize her three kids in the eyes of the Church.
I don't remember if at the time, religious legitimacy was a condition to accede the throne, but it is not now; thus Louis, Pauline and Alexandra, who are not legitimate children for the Church, are all in line of succession.

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
No it is not and this statement just shows how you like to twist and turn facts to suit your own purposes. MC has the Euro because of its treaties with France. Before the currency was the Franc. MC would not be able to support its own currency. The use of the French currency guarantees for MC a stable currency which is necessary to be attractive for investors. San Marino and Andorra are doing the same thing, but are, if I am not mistaken, not members of the EU. There are several members of the EU though which do not have the Euro, but as a French legitimist you are probably still cross with the UK and refuse to consider them a member of the EU I suppose. The Euro is not an indicator of membership in the EU. Please get your facts straight.
Both San Marino and the Vatican have the Euro as their official currency, though they are not EU members.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-02-2006, 02:03 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
OK, now I'm confused. If Steph's and Caro's illegitimate children are in line for the throne then why isn't Alex? He is half Grimaldi like they are, right? That seems backwards to me as he is the direct descendant of the current ruler.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
There's a difference between being legitimate for the State (it's enough the parents had a civil marriage like Caro and Ernst or Steph and Daniel) and being legitimate for the Church (the parents must have had a religiously legal marriage, a Catholic one in this case).

In Monaco to be in line of succession you must be legitimate for the State, that's why Camille and Alexandre are excluded, but it is not required Church legitimacy, that's why both Alexandra and Louis and Pauline are in line.

The Casiraghi kids have always been legitimate for the State, but not for the Church until the Pope legitimized them. At the moment this has nothing to do with succession though; I'm not sure if prior 2002 Constitution revision Church legitimacy was needed to accede the throne, but I'm sure now it is not, otherwise Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte would be the only heirs as they are the only ones of the whole bunch who are considered legitimate by the Catholic Church.
Hope it is clearer now.

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
I see. So he and NC would have to get married. Highly unlikely
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
No it is not and this statement just shows how you like to twist and turn facts to suit your own purposes. MC has the Euro because of its treaties with France. Before the currency was the Franc. MC would not be able to support its own currency. The use of the French currency guarantees for MC a stable currency which is necessary to be attractive for investors. San Marino and Andorra are doing the same thing, but are, if I am not mistaken, not members of the EU. There are several members of the EU though which do not have the Euro, but as a French legitimist you are probably still cross with the UK and refuse to consider them a member of the EU I suppose. The Euro is not an indicator of membership in the EU. Please get your facts straight.
On 1 May 2004 ten new Member States joined the EU - the Czech Republic, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malted, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. The new countries will adopt the Euro only when they fulfil some economic criteria, namely, has high degree of price stability, has sound tax situation, stable exchange spleens and converged length-term interest spleens.

What means that Monaco, who did not sign the accession act to the EU, profits from a preferential treatment because of the influence of France within EU and of a monetary treaty signed with France.

Except being very naive, but it should be known that in policy nothing is free.

All the observers of the EU and French policy know that Monaco, a City-State of 32,000 inhabitants wedged in France whose economy is closely related to the French economy, is regarded as a Member State of the EU because of the accession of France to the EU.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biography of Princess Grace Josefine Princely Family of Monaco 54 06-14-2011 05:46 PM
Jazmin Rotolo (Grimaldi) Part 1 lashinka2002 Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 461 04-03-2006 07:01 PM
Photo Retrospective of Grimaldi Family Julia Princely Family of Monaco 190 05-05-2005 12:47 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]