The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Monegasque Princely History

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
If you're interested to join us, please let me know it

Louis-le-14ème
I don't mean to offend you but I'm absolutely not interested in whatsoever monarchist group.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I don't mean to offend you but I'm absolutely not interested in whatsoever monarchist group.
Not even with the replacement of the Tricolore with the fleur-de-lis?

Old 03-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Courtier

You're a saucy lil kiwi ain'tcha Warren?!

Ann
Old 03-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
nice one, Warren :p
Old 03-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
You're a saucy lil kiwi ain'tcha Warren?!
Ann
KIWI?!! Never have I been mistaken for a New Zealander.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 AM
Courtier

My bad.

We call all those from Down Under (any of those islands) kiwis. I didn't know it was exclusive to New Zealanders.

Hope I didn't insult you or something-mate!

Ann
Old 03-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Even! The fleur de lys (not lis) is associated with too much bad personal things for me.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:

The *Fleur de lys* is the emblem of eternal France. Thank you to respect it.

Louis-le-14ème
Old 03-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
If we're not talking about legal rights but about moral ones, I don't think it is fair that females are excluded or at least second to males and so for me Caroline, as first child of Rainier, was the legitimate heir to the throne instead of Albert.

I agree with you.

The rule of succession decided by Prince Rainier in 2002 will anyway have to evolve towards more equality between all the children.

With the French law on the parity between men and women, and the new French law on the filiation which banishes for ever the archaic notion of illegitimate child, Monaco which maintains very narrow relations with France, will be politically obliged to modify its Constitution to adapt it to these new rights.

Towards these inevitable evolutions, Alexandre and Camille must be integrated into the inheritance order.

What means that if Jazmin was not Prince Albert's dauhgter, Alexandre would be the heir of the Monegasque throne.

Louis-le-14ème
Old 03-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree with you.

The rule of succession decided by Prince Rainier in 2002 will anyway have to evolve towards more equality between all the children.

With the French law on the parity between men and women, and the new French law on the filiation which banishes for ever the archaic notion of illegitimate child, Monaco which maintains very narrow relations with France, will be politically obliged to modify its Constitution to adapt it to these new rights.

Towards these inevitable evolutions, Alexandre and Camille must be integrated into the inheritance order.

What means that if Jazmin was not Prince Albert's dauhgter, Alexandre would be the heir of the Monegasque throne.

Louis-le-14ème
But Monaco doesn't HAVE to do that! And they most likely won't! Alexandre, Camille, and even Jazmin are illegitimate! Always have been, and always will be! Why must you continue with this? Not saying that you can't but is there a reason why you seem to be holding on to this?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Oh and I forgot to mention that I agree with post #11 Princess Charlotte wasn't Black so maybe you shouldn't use that so loosely!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
But Monaco doesn't HAVE to do that! And they most likely won't! Alexandre, Camille, and even Jazmin are illegitimate! Always have been, and always will be! Why must you continue with this? Not saying that you can't but is there a reason why you seem to be holding on to this?
He says he's legitimist both in France and in Monaco. Desperate causes in anyway...

(No, I don't like very much french monarchists, but I frankly can't stand all the legitimists I know).
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
He says he's legitimist both in France and in Monaco. Desperate causes in anyway...

(No, I don't like very much french monarchists, but I frankly can't stand all the legitimists I know).
Yes but why is it so important? I don't know, maybe I just don't get it! It could have something to do with the fact that I'm American, and we just don't have this problem here (well, as far as I know).
Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes but why is it so important? I don't know, maybe I just don't get it! It could have something to do with the fact that I'm American, and we just don't have this problem here (well, as far as I know).
Don't know why... Didn't heard about the "legitimists monegasques" before, but it makes me laugh at a point you can't imagine.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree with you.

Louis-le-14ème
Could you please remember that Monaco is an independent state and does not follow French rulings? Yes there are strong ties, but they are being losened due to pressure from the EU (even though they will maintain a close friendship). None the less your arguing toward Alex, Jazmin etc all belongs in the land of fairytales and dreams. The laws are clear in that matter and I think you should finally accept that just as you will have to accept that France will stay a republic. If you don't like it, fine, but you will not change history and you will not change the law. The only ones to change anything in France is its parliament ad in MC it is PA and he has been very clear on the matter that he does not wish any of his illigitimate offspring to succeed him. He has been hiding behind phrases of constitution etc. but fact is he wants to have legitimate offspring to succeed him and as long as he has hope to have his own, he will not change his mind.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Paca, I totally agree with you. On the other hand, the issue of equality between men and women is strongly supported by EU, and even more so by The Council of Europe, that Monaco has just joined, so I think that problem will have to be addressed in the (near?) future...

Kisses
Old 03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes but why is it so important? I don't know, maybe I just don't get it! It could have something to do with the fact that I'm American...
Nothing to do with being American (or Australian for that matter). The Monaco succession law is relevant to the citizens of Monaco, but I don't see what "French Legitimists" have to do with it! Maybe they could get their own act together before attempting to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries? Failing that, they could campaign for the deposing of both Juan Carlos and Elizabeth II, to be replaced by Luis Alfonso and the Duke of Bavaria. For legitimist consistency, of course.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Could you please remember that Monaco is an independent state and does not follow French rulings? Yes there are strong ties, but they are being losened due to pressure from the EU (even though they will maintain a close friendship). None the less your arguing toward Alex, Jazmin etc all belongs in the land of fairytales and dreams. The laws are clear in that matter and I think you should finally accept that just as you will have to accept that France will stay a republic. If you don't like it, fine, but you will not change history and you will not change the law. The only ones to change anything in France is its parliament ad in MC it is PA and he has been very clear on the matter that he does not wish any of his illigitimate offspring to succeed him. He has been hiding behind phrases of constitution etc. but fact is he wants to have legitimate offspring to succeed him and as long as he has hope to have his own, he will not change his mind.
I 100% agree with you! This notion that just because Monaco and France have a close "friendship" with each other doesn't mean that Monaco has to adopt French laws just for the sake of that "Friendship"
Old 03-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Nothing to do with being American (or Australian for that matter). The Monaco succession law is relevant to the citizens of Monaco, but I don't see what "French Legitimists" have to do with it! Maybe they could get their own act together before attempting to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries? Failing that, they could campaign for the deposing of both Juan Carlos and Elizabeth II, to be replaced by Luis Alfonso and the Duke of Bavaria. For legitimist consistency, of course.
Touché, coulé!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:

For the French Legitimists, *Monseigneur Louis de Bourbon*, the Head of House of Bourbon-Anjou-Spain, must be the King of Spain.

Louis-le-14ème