The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Monegasque Princely History

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:06 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
My arguments are based on real facts.
If you prefer to continue to dream, please continue to dream by thinking that Monaco, a micro-state wedged in France, is a really sovereign state.

<unnecessary insult deleted - Elspeth>

Louis-le-14ème.
A dream? I'm not sure if you realize this but Monaco is a REAL sovereign state and to say otherwise is absolutely ridiculous! That's like saying that Vatican City (pop. 1,000), Liechtenstein (pop. 33,400), Andorra (pop. 69,800), San Marino (pop. 28,000) are not sovereign states! May I add that that list goes on! Just because it's small and wedged into another country doesn't mean anything! If Monaco isn't a REAL nation then please explain to me why is it a member of the UN? And the Council of Europe? So, please enlighten me with your absolutely pathetic argument on how Monaco is not a sovereign state!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
The problem with MC, imo, is that it attracts the bazaar such as predatory women, fame seekers, gold diggers, princess wanna bes, claims of paternity, 15th century legitimists who deny the French Revolution and its Republic, etc. Although Princess Grace brought glamour to and awareness of the principality, she also put it in a permanent, bazaar state of ugly celebrity; not her fault, that's just the way it has turned out. Hopefully if and when PA does finally get married she might be a woman who has a quiet and dignified nature like the prince and who is not a celebrity. I think it would bring some much needed quiet and respectability back to MC. jmo. :)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Close to Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 225
The prince really does needs a lady who behaves with dignity.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:36 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
But he also needs a woman who has some sort of celebrity fame or something, the way Grace did! Without Grace, Monaco wouldn't be the same today! She brought fame when there wasn't any before! It brought the good and the bad, but unfortunately for Monaco, it needs it to survive (imo)!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
But he also needs a woman who has some sort of celebrity fame or something, the way Grace did! Without Grace, Monaco wouldn't be the same today! She brought fame when there wasn't any before! It brought the good and the bad, but unfortunately for Monaco, it needs it to survive (imo)!
No, no, no. Enough celebrity. Enough of the bazaar! None of the other princes of Europe married celebrities except Felipe. Liechenstein has the wonderful Princess Sophie and she is doing a wonderful job. The country is doing very well financially but also the Princely Family has a respectable public image. No one's talking about a 15th century will. There are no TR's, NC's, etc. Tourism will increase in MC with a new princess even if she's not a celebrity. Princess Diana was not a celebrity. The public grew to love her. The tragedy of her life was -- celebrity. Fame and celebrity are not everything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
A dream? I'm not sure if you realize this but Monaco is a REAL sovereign state and to say otherwise is absolutely ridiculous! That's like saying that Vatican City (pop. 1,000), Liechtenstein (pop. 33,400), Andorra (pop. 69,800), San Marino (pop. 28,000) are not sovereign states! May I add that that list goes on! Just because it's small and wedged into another country doesn't mean anything! If Monaco isn't a REAL nation then please explain to me why is it a member of the UN? And the Council of Europe? So, please enlighten me with your absolutely pathetic argument on how Monaco is not a sovereign state!
I also forgot to mention The Sovereign Order of Malta. It has it's own government and everything, and is the size of a three story building. But is also considered a sovereign state!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
A dream? I'm not sure if you realize this but Monaco is a REAL sovereign state and to say otherwise is absolutely ridiculous! That's like saying that Vatican City (pop. 1,000), Liechtenstein (pop. 33,400), Andorra (pop. 69,800), San Marino (pop. 28,000) are not sovereign states! May I add that that list goes on! Just because it's small and wedged into another country doesn't mean anything! If Monaco isn't a REAL nation then please explain to me why is it a member of the UN? And the Council of Europe? So, please enlighten me with your absolutely pathetic argument on how Monaco is not a sovereign state!
For the case you do not know it, please learn that Andorra is a co-principality ruled by two co-princes (the French chief of state and the Spanish bishop of Urgel).

I'm sorry to correct you, but I don't want to hurt you.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
acid_rain3075's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, United States
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
For the case you do not know it, please learn that Andorra is a co-principality ruled by two co-princes (the French chief of state and the Spanish bishop of Urgel).

I'm sorry to correct you, but I don't want to hurt you.

Louis-le-14ème.
Hurt me? What are you talking about? That was not the point I was making! And frankly I don't really care who rules Andorra! I know who rules it so why should know more of it! I mentioned it because it like Monaco it is small and wedged in between two countries! And yet it has managed to remain independent despite anything else! And not to mention the fact that yes the french President and this Spanish bishop may indeed be the chief of state, but Andorra is a parliamentary democracy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Of course I didn't take it as an insult, everything is fine, but why should an article of a Constitution have a different meaning in Consitutional Monarchy and in a Republic?
Anyway, according to your standards, that disregard the will of the Pope for religious legitimacy, the Grimaldi Family is extinguished after Caro, for lack of heirs.
It's the major weakness of the current Monegasque constitution in which one finds articles which are contradicted! These weaknesses can be exploited by all the potential heirs.

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 04-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
The weakness only exists, in my opinion, if you chose to accept some articles and simply disregard some others. If you take the Constitution as a whole, you have a pretty normal succession line, without many objections by the subjects (the only ones whose opinion really counts; if you wish to deny Monaco's international subjectivity, remember also the French people don't really care about Monaco succession): Caroline, her kids, Stephanie, her kids, so the discendents of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace are there to assure the continuity of the Grimaldi.
You're left with 10, 20, 100 people top who might questions what's going on on the Rocher without any legal or political title, and who don't have any kind of power on what happens in international politics.
We can debate for centuries here, and it might be funny, frustrating, interesting at times, and still we'll have absolutely no influence on the destiny of France or Monaco;even if we all agree with you (and mind you I don't on many levels) this would have virtually no effect. Democracy has a peculiarity: like it or not, majority rules, and the majority of Monaco subjects are with Albert, Caro, Steph! I guess we will have this forum for a very long time!

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 04-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
The problem with MC, imo, is that it attracts the bazaar such as predatory women, fame seekers, gold diggers, princess wanna bes, claims of paternity, 15th century legitimists who deny the French Revolution and its Republic, etc. Although Princess Grace brought glamour to and awareness of the principality, she also put it in a permanent, bazaar state of ugly celebrity; not her fault, that's just the way it has turned out. Hopefully if and when PA does finally get married she might be a woman who has a quiet and dignified nature like the prince and who is not a celebrity. I think it would bring some much needed quiet and respectability back to MC. jmo. :)
The rogues are always so much more interesting...
That being said, the prince and princess should be amused by but not a party to the eccentricities of their subjects. JMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 04-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
Hurt me? What are you talking about? That was not the point I was making! And frankly I don't really care who rules Andorra! I know who rules it so why should know more of it! I mentioned it because it like Monaco it is small and wedged in between two countries! And yet it has managed to remain independent despite anything else! And not to mention the fact that yes the french President and this Spanish bishop may indeed be the chief of state, but Andorra is a parliamentary democracy!
Monaco has no armed forces.
The defence of Monaco is a responsibility of France. Andorra is in the same case. Do you think that Monaco is really sovereign?

Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 04-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
Monaco has no armed forces.
The defence of Monaco is a responsibility of France. Andorra is in the same case. Do you think that Monaco is really sovereign?

Louis-le-14ème.
For the record, having an Army is not one of the conditions of sovereignty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 04-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Why don't you care about the purities of the monarchies in Britain, Spain, Norway and others? Because they don't have an African pretender to the throne? Because the bazaar aren't welcome or attracted to those monarchies? Like I said, imo, MC attracts too many crazed followers. Bazaar, totally bazaar.:( Maybe for their own sake they'll correct this celebrity dead end very soon. Only respect will ensure their survival.
French Legitimists are interested in all monarchies, in particular with the Bourbons of Spain, direct descendants of *King of France Louis XIV*.

We think that if the Prince of Asturies does not comply with the Rule of succession which excludes from the inheritance order any heir of the throne of Spain who marries a woman resulting from a non-sovereign House, then the future King of Spain should be Prince Louis de Bourbon, the elder of all the Bourbons of Spain, whose father was excluded from the throne by General Franco for the current King.

Louis-le-14&#232;me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
French Legitimists are interested in all monarchies, in particular with the Bourbons of Spain, direct descendants of *King of France Louis XIV*.

We think that if the Prince of Asturies does not comply with the Rule of succession which excludes from the inheritance order any heir of the throne of Spain who marries a woman resulting from a non-sovereign House, then the future King of Spain should be Prince Louis de Bourbon, the elder of all the Bourbons of Spain, whose father was excluded from the throne by General Franco for the current King.

Louis-le-14ème.
Perhaps the legitimists will ride into Spain, overthrow democracy and install Prince Louis, whoever he is. But I must warn you, the last time someone tried that the King JC wasn't having it and things didn't work out very well for the unfortunate trouble makers. I'm pretty sure Prince Felipe would act in a similar manner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
I said to cool things down. Personal insults are against the rules.

This is the second warning in less than 24 hours, and it's the last. If the insults keep up, I'm going to close the thread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 04-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Suonymona's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: *******, United States
Posts: 830
Louis is bating people. Ignoring his deliberate (?) ignorance is best.

Ann
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
I think that relations between Alexandre and some members of Grimaldi Princely Family will always be difficult because they are afraid that, as the oldest son of the Sovereign Prince of Monaco, he claims one day the throne of his father.

The concept of "illegitimate child" was abolishes from the French law. Alexandre, who was born in France, is in fact a legitimate heir of his father. The law authorizes him to bear the name Grimaldi and to raise the noble titles and the coat of arms which belong to the inheritance of his father. Almost all the noble titles of the current Grimaldi were transmitted to them by their paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, who was herself a natural child. Since the advent of Grimaldi in Monaco, the children born out of the wedding were never excluded from the line of succession.

Alexandre has many supports in Monaco, in France and in the whole world.
We are happy to see that the European press starts to be aligned on the legitimists arguments about the Monegasque line of succession.


Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
WindsorIII's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 406
Is it within PA's power to change the laws of succession? I would assume if PR could do it, that PA could also do it.

Also another thing I do not understand, I have read that people say PA could put Jasmine in line for succession bc she her birth came before the law, but Alex could not because he was born after the change in law.

What exactly is the real case here? What can and cannot be done as far as laws of succession go in Monaco?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 06-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
Is it within PA's power to change the laws of succession? I would assume if PR could do it, that PA could also do it.

Also another thing I do not understand, I have read that people say PA could put Jasmine in line for succession bc she her birth came before the law, but Alex could not because he was born after the change in law.

What exactly is the real case here? What can and cannot be done as far as laws of succession go in Monaco?
If it was found that Prince Charles had an illegitimate child older than William, would you want that person to be put in line of succession in front of him? Think about what your saying. All illegitimate children and their children would have a claim to the thrones of Spain, Holland, Luxembourg and god knows how many others. The succession line and the laws that govern them would be changing constantly. Monarchies that have survived for 1,500, 1,000 and 700 years would not survive far into the future. They rely on heredity, continuity and stability.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biography of Princess Grace Josefine Princely Family of Monaco 54 06-14-2011 05:46 PM
Jazmin Rotolo (Grimaldi) Part 1 lashinka2002 Prince Albert and Princess Charlene 461 04-03-2006 07:01 PM
Photo Retrospective of Grimaldi Family Julia Princely Family of Monaco 190 05-05-2005 12:47 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]