Swedish Queens from the Past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here a painting of Queen Louise of Sweden, nee Princess of The Netherlands (costumed).

2005-12-19-2245-05_edited.jpg

no copyrights

That's a beautiful picture, Marengo!

It is a really lovely picture of Louise, do you have a date when that was painted?

I have no idea, but Louise doesn't seem too old on the picture. Here some more of Dutch Louise (3 generations of Prussian-Dutch inbreeding had came with a price ;):

koninginlouisevanzweden.jpg

Queen Louise as a girl with her mother Princess Frederik of The Netherlands, born Princess Luise of Prussia:

louiseenlouiselaterkoninginvanzwede.jpg

I believe this is a picture of the Dutch Queen Louise with her daugther, the Swedish Queen Louise of Denmark:

Afbeelding005.jpg

Wow... In the last picture, you can't tell who's the mother and who's the daughter.

Gosh, you're right, Furienna - that is rather scary. But yeah, I guess that's what Dutch-Prussian inbreeding will do after so many years, as Marengo mentioned before.
Patrick.

But I think the daughter is to the left and the mother is to the right.

Puhleeze, anyone who can't tell which is which needs new glasses.

I have a biography of Queen Louise and in it I found some interesting (and funny!) pictures I hadn't seen before. This one in particular made me smile. :)

I have a biography of Queen Louise and in it I found some interesting (and funny!) pictures I hadn't seen before. This one in particular made me smile. :)

What is the biography called?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile appo

The Court has declared 2015 as "The Royal Ladies Year" and it will be highlighted in a few different ways at the programme at the Royal Palaces during the year. Every year the Royal Palaces offer several exhibitions and special events to celebrate different things, this year it is Queen Hedvig Eleonora, 300 years since she died. The Palaces also offer several lectures about the Monarchy, the Royal Household and Palaces, almost once a week. All this is called Slotten som historisk scen (The historical setting of the Royal Palaces). Link to the catalogue, which unfortunately only is in Swedish.

Slotten som historisk scen

Some of highlights this year:
- A exhibition with Princess Lilian's dresses to celebrate the century since the Princess' birth. The Lilian Look The Royal Palace of Stockholm (the Pillar Hall), 26 August-6 January 2016.
- A exhibition about Hedvig Eleonora and the Swedish Baroque - Focus: Gardens and nature. Drottningholm Palace, 30 April-6 January 2016.
- A exhibition about Hedvig Eleonora and the Swedish Baroque - Focus: Equestrian and the Princely role. Strömsholm Palace, 30 May-31 August.
- A exhibition about Hedvig Eleonora and the Swedish Baroque - Focus: Textiles. Gripsholm Castle, 14 May-6 January 2016.

Queen Christina (1626-1689)

11.jpg

Queen Hedvig Eleonora (1636-1715)

1b.jpg

Queen Ulrika Eleonora Sr (1656-1693)

2b.jpg

Queen Ulrika Eleonora Jr (1688-1741)

ulrika-eleonora-den-yngre-drottning-av-sverige.jpg

Queen Lovisa Ulrika (1720-1782)

lovisa-ulrika-av-preussen-drottning-av-sverige1.jpg

Queen Sofia Magdalena (1746-1813)

sofia-magdalena-av-danmark-drottning-av-sverige1.jpg

Queen Fredrika (1781-1826)

6b1.jpg

Queen Charlotta (1759-1818)

hedvig-elisabet-charlotta-av-oldenburg-drottning-av-sverige1.jpg

Queen Desideria (1777-1860)

1b1.jpg

Queen Josefina (1807-1876)

2b1.jpg
https://furienna.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/2b1.jpg

Queen Lovisa (1828-1871)

3b1.jpg

Queen Sofia (1836-1913)

3d.jpg

Queen Viktoria (1862-1930)

4d.jpg

Queen Louise (1889-1965)

5c1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Facebook of The Royal Armoury

The Royal Armoury and 11 other organizers present:

Queen's anniversary - Lovisa Ulrika 300 years
Ambitious, politically active and not afraid to say her opinion, Queen Lovisa Ulrika was the great personality of the Swedish 18th century. She came as a fresh air from Berlin in 1744 to become Swedish crown princess and later queen. Lovisa Ulrika's contributions to Swedish culture and science are today an important part of our common cultural heritage.
- Digital festival -
On July 24, it is 300 years since she was born and we want to celebrate with you. For a whole week, between 19 and 26 July, we are therefore arranging a completely digital queen festival in Lovisa Ulrika's memory. To give as broad and fair a picture of Lovisa Ulrika as possible, we have invited a number of cultural actors and together we will here in the event daily offer stories about Lovisa Ulrika and her life. All this you can take part in wherever you are and when it suits you.
Drottningjubileum – Lovisa Ulrika 300 år

Lovisa Ulrika – an enlightened queen - Kungliga slotten

Back
Top Bottom