Princess Louise of Orléans - Grandmother of King Juan Carlos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Princess Louise of Orléans-Grandmother of H.M.The King

18th of April 1958 marks the anniversary of the death of Princess Louise d'Oréans,Duchess of Calabria,mother of María de las Mercedes of Bourbón Two Sicilies and the maternal grandmother of King Juan Carlos I of Spain.

Princess Louise of Orléans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Infanta_Luisa_de_Orleans.jpg

Princess Louise wasn't the Duchess of Calabria; the Duchess of Calabria was her sister-in-law, Princess Maria (née Princess of Bavaria, a daughter of King Ludwig III of Bavaria); Maria was the wife of Prince Ferdinando of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, Head of the Royal House from 1934 to his death in 1960 and older brother of Louise's husband Prince Carlo.
Since Carlo predeceased his brother Ferdinando in 1949, he never succeeded as Duke of Calabria and thus his wife Louise never became the Duchess of Calabria.

Princess Louise wasn't the Duchess of Calabria; the Duchess of Calabria was her sister-in-law, Princess Maria (née Princess of Bavaria, a daughter of King Ludwig III of Bavaria); Maria was the wife of Prince Ferdinando of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, Head of the Royal House from 1934 to his death in 1960 and older brother of Louise's husband Prince Carlo.
Since Carlo predeceased his brother Ferdinando in 1949, he never succeeded as Duke of Calabria and thus his wife Louise never became the Duchess of Calabria.

Thanks for the correction,I'd love to read more about Louise!

Thanks for posting that article,I believe Louise was indeed styled Infanta of Spain by marriage.

On Dawsr's Blog: Alfonso XIII's "girlfriends", it was mentioned that Princess Louise of Orleans was one of the princesses that King Alfonso had considered as a possible Queen.

Back
Top Bottom