King Pedro I of Aragon & Navarre and Wives (Queen Inéz and Queen Berta)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Pedro I, King of Aragon and Navarre (1068 - Valle d'Aran 28 September 1104); married in Jaca on ? 1086 Duchess Agnes/Inés of Poitiers (also Aquitaine) (? - 1097) married 2ndly in Huesca on ? 1097 Countess Berta of Savoy (?,?)

Reign: 1094 - 1104

Dynasty: Jiménez

Predecessor: King Alfonso I of Aragon and Navarre

Successor: King Alfonso II of Aragon and Navarre

Children Pedro & Agnes: Princess Isabel and Prince Pedro of Aragon

Parents Alfonso: King Sancho I/V of Aragon and Navarre and Countess Isabelle of Urgel

Parents Agnes/Ines: Duke Guillaume VIII of Aquitaine and Duchess Hildegarde of Burgundy

Parents Berta: Count Pietro of Savoy and Duchess Agnes of Aquitaine (or Poitiers)

Half-Siblings Pedro: Prince Fernando and King Alfonso I and King Ramiro II of Aragon and Navarre

Siblings Agnes: Duke Guillaume IX of Aquitaine, Count of Poitiers; Duke Hugo of Aquitaine and Queen Beatrix of Castile

Half Sister Agnes: Queen Agnes of Castile

Sisters Berta: Countess Agnes of Montbéliard and Countess Alix of Savane

Last edited:
Wikipedia page of King Pedro I here:

Peter I of Aragón (c. 1068-1104) was king of Aragon and Navarre from 1094 to 1104. He was the son of Sancho I of Aragon and V of Navarre and Isabel of Urgel. He succeeded his father in 1094.
He conquered Huesca in 1095. His first marriage, to Inés of Aquitaine, was performed in Jaca in 1086. His second marriage, to Bertha of Aragón, was officiated in Huesca in 1097. This represented the transferral of the capital from Jaca to the newly-conquered (and larger) Huesca. His children, Isabel and Peter, died in 1103 and 1104, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom