What exactly can non-members view?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly9480

Courtier
City
Houston
Country
United States
I was told they could view the forums, complete with pics. But some non-members are saying they can't see the pics.

You could try logging out and having a look at the forum while posing as a non-member. My understanding is that only members can view attached images.

Last edited:
I just logged out and had a look. Members can see attached images, but non-members can't. Non-members also can't see photos in people's profiles (which makes sense).

That was one of the main reasons I ended signing up to the forum about a year ago, I could not open the thumbnails or the picture links unless I logged in.

Okay, thanks. One member kept telling me they could view everything, but several non-members have told me they can't see the pics.

kelly9480 said:
Okay, thanks. One member kept telling me they could view everything, but several non-members have told me they can't see the pics.

Yeah, when i was a non-member i could see everything, but now if i logout and look i can't.

Non-member used to be able to view everything that members could. The only difference was that non-members could not make posts or send private messages.

However, several months ago when we started to experience our bandwidth problems, our settings were changed to conserve bandwidth by restricting access. Now only members can view attachments. For non-members, posts are blank or only have the text so that they know there are pictures but they can't see them.

Back
Top Bottom