Vale member Boris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
goth12.jpg

Members who are familiar with the postings of member Boris will be saddened to hear of his death in late May.

The unexpected news was disclosed by the Admin of the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board - refer link.

Boris was a very knowledgeable member who was very helpful and generous in providing information,
especially when relating to his two favourite subjects, the Royal Family of Sweden and royal jewels.
Unsurprisingly Boris had an extensive and detailed knowledge of past and current Bernadotte gems
and was always happy to initiate discussions with new information and to otherwise participate in the forums,
give his opinions and share his knowledge.

Regular readers and posters in the Swedish and Royal Jewels forums will know first-hand of the many interesting
and valuable contributions made by Boris since he joined the Forums back in late 2004.

The death of Boris is a great loss to the small but electronically-connected internet royal world.
His presence here at The Royal Forums and at the GREMB and RJOTWMB will be greatly missed.

Vale Boris.

goth10.jpg

I'm deeply deeply saddened to hear about Boris passing. :( :'(
So sad news... He has great knowledge about royal jewels, especially for Swedish and Swedish Royal Family also :(
I will miss his posts :(

RIP Boris....

I've never heard of Boris, as I must frequent other threads, but I am so sad to hear of his passing!

RIP, Boris.

This is sad news. I recall his great expertise in the area of royal gems. I'll miss him here, but hopefully his posts will live on.

Last edited:
Oh how unexpected and sad. Boris was always helpful with information on the Swedish royals. I remember him by his avatar and his knowledge of history.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/11i1ted.jpg

So sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed here on the Forums.

Last edited:
The passing of Boris

We all mourn the loss of a true gentleman and scholar.

Oh that's really sad to hear :sad: I always loved Boris' intelligent posts. I missed him the last months, now I know why he wasn't posting... I hope he had a long and fulfilled life. May he rest in peace!

This is very sad news ... I already thought the other day why Boris isnt posting anymore. I always loved his contribution to the fashion threads. May he rest in peace!

I was very sad indeed to hear this news and feel that many people will miss him very much.
How poignant it is that the internet world, where in reality we are strangers, can sometimes crosses over to the real world at times like this: we suddenly feel a loss of a friend or acquaintance whom we have never met.
I do hope that Boris's posts will continue to be read well into the future, so that much information and knowledge can be gleaned by new members as well as old.

I remember reading some of his intelligent and well thought out posts. May he RIP

Very sad news, i will miss him and his contributions

Thank you Boris! I will continue reading your posts I believe there are treasures unsolved, where you have left hints for solving jewelry mysteries.

/Josefine

What said news.

We will keep him in good memory - may he rest in peace.

What was his Avatar for the Royal Forums ?
We will miss him a lot !

May he rest in peace.
It is so sad to hear of his passing. He was such a friendly and enthousiastic poster, and I remember many of he knowledgable posts.

May he rest in peace.
He had a keen eye for fashion. I always enjoyed his comments in the fashion threads.

:( such sad news.... I have always loved it when I am reading older forums that haven't been active in a while and I see his comments- they are normally my favorites!

I am very sorry to hear of his passing!

R.I.P.

I wonder how Boris got so interested in Swedish royals as an American and how he know so much about Bernadotte jewelry.

Oh how unexpected and sad. Boris was always helpful with information on the Swedish royals. I remember him by his avatar and his knowledge of history.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/11i1ted.jpg

So sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed here on the Forums.

I had no idea that the Boris who posted here (and with that avatar) was the Boris whose passing was mentioned on another Royal board. Very sad news.

I was surprised to hear this, I enjoyed reading his posts in the Royal Jewels sub forum. I'm sure he'll be missed, particularly in the jewellery threads. :sad:

Rest in peace, Boris.

Very sad news.
I've been missing him for a while. I thought it was strange he wasn't posting when Princess Madeleines got married...
He always shared his great knowledge and valuable aspects in a nice way.
Rest in peace, Boris.

His avatar was indeed Greta Garbo, AND it was Greta Garbo from the movie "Queen Christina" from 1933, a movie that told the story (Ok, hollywood version :whistling: ) of the Swedish queen Kristina ( queen in her own right 1632-1654) His avatar was from the final scene, when she is standing on the ship leaving Sweden
http://www.windweaver.com/christina/garbobest.jpg
http://res.moviezine.se.s3-external.../9fb7fd5d0d3a8a67f60b61251610ee1c/postr_l.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how Boris got so interested in Swedish royals as an American and how he know so much about Bernadotte jewelry.

Perhaps he was of Swedish descent? Boris was not an unusual name when I grew up in Sweden.

Very sad news to hear of Boris's passing, his posts on these forums and other forums were always helpful. He will be sadly missed by so many. And he was a gentleman.

I'm so sad to hear this- his posts very much contributed to my love of royal jewelry and I appreciated learning from his expertise.

Condolences to his family.

Back
Top Bottom