The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unable to view old posts/threads

I am hoping somebody could help me out or at least tell me that the same thing is happening to them. When I open a thread and click on posts to view them, it automatically goes back to the first post. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thank you.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm, it's not happening to me, but it could have something to do with the updates Andy did. I had a problem logging on yesterday, but it's all fine now. It might just take a couple of days to sort itself out. I'm a little bit confused as to what is happening. When it has a new post appearing in a particular forum and you click on it, does it take you to the first page of that particular thread instead of the page of the new post?

Old 11-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the reply danielle, thats right, when I click on a new post, it takes me back to the first page of that thread.

Maybe I should just give it a few days to sort itself out like you said.
Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im sorry to be a nuisance but is this happening to anyone else? It is still happening to me. I can only view posts if i am offline and when i want to reply to a post i have to then go online the offline again to continue viewing the forums.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Im sorry to be a nuisance but is this happening to anyone else? It is still happening to me. I can only view posts if i am offline and when i want to reply to a post i have to then go online the offline again to continue viewing the forums.
In User CP - Edit Options - Thread Display Options, what is your Thread Display Mode set to?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

it is set to Threaded
Old 11-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
it is set to Threaded
I would suggest "Linear - Newest First".
Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Problem fixed. Thanks a lot for your help Warren. Cheers
Old 01-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Commoner

Hello Australian,
I have the same problem!!
When I offline, it's O.K. But I can't see the pictures!!
When I online, I have the problem!!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Sunny, see posts #5 and #7 below.
Does this help?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Gentry

Hi, when i click on a topic i frequently go on, i always seem to go back to the 3rd page even though i've read it before and the topic goes all the way up to page 10. Its done this about 5 times and on other topics too. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

That isn't just you; it's happening to a lot of people. I'll ask Andy if he can deal with it because, unless something went weird with the vbulletin software, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Gentry

I also have difficulties to go to the first unread post since the update was done last year. Is there anything I could do (change a setting in CP or something else) to fix this problem? It worked before the update, that's why I think the update is the reason for this.

Normally I go to the last post of a thread and then go back to the first post I haven't read but after a week of absence from the forums it's pretty hard to find it, especially in large threads. So I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a hint how to get this function back to work.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's one of the things Andy was trying to fix. It's possible that he couldn't do it since the problem is still happening, but I can check with him about it again.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Gentry

Thank you Elspeth :)
Old 03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Commoner

Unable to view old posts/threads

Hello!
I need help. When I want to search for old threads or posts, I can only go as far as page 2 or 3 with luck. After that, I get the typical message saying: Error 404 Sorry, page not found!
Doen anyone know why this happens? And how can I solve it?
Thank you!
Alejandro
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the problem may be that some of the older threads started out before the site changed from Les Tribunes Royale to The Royal Forums. If you look at the threads on the site there isn't a problem, but I've noticed that if you do a google search and come up with an old thread it often can't be opened.

If you're looking through the list of threads in a forum, you should be able to open the older ones as well as the newer ones.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think the problem may be that some of the older threads started out before the site changed from Les Tribunes Royale to The Royal Forums. If you look at the threads on the site there isn't a problem, but I've noticed that if you do a google search and come up with an old thread it often can't be opened.

If you're looking through the list of threads in a forum, you should be able to open the older ones as well as the newer ones.
Thank you, Elspeth, for your reply. But my problem is while I'm in the forum. Where it says "page ... of ..." at the top right of a thread, well, there I can go as far as to 2 or 3 and then ... awwww :(
Thank you again,
Alejandro
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Gentry

Hi Alejandro! Can you tell us in which sub- forums you have this problem? I mean with that, is it only in a certain sub- forum the case, like the "Royal Chit Chat"- Forum or in one of the Royal Family- Forums? Or in all forums? With the threads I have usually no problem, but with some posts I have that problem because some of them are from 2004 or even 2003 and the posted pics don't exist anymore.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
Hi Alejandro! Can you tell us in which sub- forums you have this problem? I mean with that, is it only in a certain sub- forum the case, like the "Royal Chit Chat"- Forum or in one of the Royal Family- Forums? Or in all forums? With the threads I have usually no problem, but with some posts I have that problem because some of them are from 2004 or even 2003 and the posted pics don't exist anymore.
Hi Ms Griffin!
Thank you for your interest!
Problem solved! It was my lousy Internet connection. I think that with this new one I'll be able to read all pages.
Just in case, wish me luck! :)
Alejandro
PS. A bit late but well ... Happy St. Paddy's!:)