Unable to view old posts/threads

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Australian

Heir Presumptive
City
Perth
Country
Australia
I am hoping somebody could help me out or at least tell me that the same thing is happening to them. When I open a thread and click on posts to view them, it automatically goes back to the first post. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thank you.

Hmm, it's not happening to me, but it could have something to do with the updates Andy did. I had a problem logging on yesterday, but it's all fine now. It might just take a couple of days to sort itself out. I'm a little bit confused as to what is happening. When it has a new post appearing in a particular forum and you click on it, does it take you to the first page of that particular thread instead of the page of the new post?

thanks for the reply danielle, thats right, when I click on a new post, it takes me back to the first page of that thread.

Maybe I should just give it a few days to sort itself out like you said.
Thanks

Im sorry to be a nuisance but is this happening to anyone else? It is still happening to me. I can only view posts if i am offline and when i want to reply to a post i have to then go online the offline again to continue viewing the forums.

Australian said:
Im sorry to be a nuisance but is this happening to anyone else? It is still happening to me. I can only view posts if i am offline and when i want to reply to a post i have to then go online the offline again to continue viewing the forums.
In User CP - Edit Options - Thread Display Options, what is your Thread Display Mode set to?

Problem fixed. Thanks a lot for your help Warren. Cheers

Hello Australian,
I have the same problem!!
When I offline, it's O.K. But I can't see the pictures!!
When I online, I have the problem!!

Sunny, see posts #5 and #7 below.
Does this help?

Hi, when i click on a topic i frequently go on, i always seem to go back to the 3rd page even though i've read it before and the topic goes all the way up to page 10. Its done this about 5 times and on other topics too. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Last edited:
That isn't just you; it's happening to a lot of people. I'll ask Andy if he can deal with it because, unless something went weird with the vbulletin software, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Last edited:
I also have difficulties to go to the first unread post since the update was done last year. Is there anything I could do (change a setting in CP or something else) to fix this problem? It worked before the update, that's why I think the update is the reason for this.

Normally I go to the last post of a thread and then go back to the first post I haven't read but after a week of absence from the forums it's pretty hard to find it, especially in large threads. So I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a hint how to get this function back to work.

Thanks in advance!

That's one of the things Andy was trying to fix. It's possible that he couldn't do it since the problem is still happening, but I can check with him about it again.

Hello!
I need help. When I want to search for old threads or posts, I can only go as far as page 2 or 3 with luck. After that, I get the typical message saying: Error 404 Sorry, page not found!
Doen anyone know why this happens? And how can I solve it?
Thank you!
Alejandro

I think the problem may be that some of the older threads started out before the site changed from Les Tribunes Royale to The Royal Forums. If you look at the threads on the site there isn't a problem, but I've noticed that if you do a google search and come up with an old thread it often can't be opened.

If you're looking through the list of threads in a forum, you should be able to open the older ones as well as the newer ones.

Elspeth said:
I think the problem may be that some of the older threads started out before the site changed from Les Tribunes Royale to The Royal Forums. If you look at the threads on the site there isn't a problem, but I've noticed that if you do a google search and come up with an old thread it often can't be opened.

If you're looking through the list of threads in a forum, you should be able to open the older ones as well as the newer ones.
Thank you, Elspeth, for your reply. But my problem is while I'm in the forum. Where it says "page ... of ..." at the top right of a thread, well, there I can go as far as to 2 or 3 and then ... awwww :(
Thank you again,
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro! Can you tell us in which sub- forums you have this problem? I mean with that, is it only in a certain sub- forum the case, like the "Royal Chit Chat"- Forum or in one of the Royal Family- Forums? Or in all forums? With the threads I have usually no problem, but with some posts I have that problem because some of them are from 2004 or even 2003 and the posted pics don't exist anymore.

Ms Griffin said:
Hi Alejandro! Can you tell us in which sub- forums you have this problem? I mean with that, is it only in a certain sub- forum the case, like the "Royal Chit Chat"- Forum or in one of the Royal Family- Forums? Or in all forums? With the threads I have usually no problem, but with some posts I have that problem because some of them are from 2004 or even 2003 and the posted pics don't exist anymore.
Hi Ms Griffin!
Thank you for your interest!
Problem solved! It was my lousy Internet connection. I think that with this new one I'll be able to read all pages.
Just in case, wish me luck! :)
Alejandro
PS. A bit late but well ... Happy St. Paddy's!:)

Good luck, alejandro. Hope you can read now all of the threads you wish to read. :D

Happy St. Paddy's to you, too. :)

Ms Griffin said:
Good luck, alejandro. Hope you can read now all of the threads you wish to read. :D

Happy St. Paddy's to you, too. :)
Thank you, Ms Griffin!
Now my Internet connection is working fine! Great!!! :)
Alejandro

Missing threads?

I've been trying to locate one of the threads in the Royal Jewels forums and I can't find it. It seems to have disappeared. I don't remember the exact title, but it was something like "Tiaras/diadems/necklaces for sale - part(2)". Does anyone know what happened to it? I can't find part (1) either. Thanks.

Mods: Where are my threads?

I've noticed at leasy 2 of my threads that I started have disappeared. I didn't post anything inflammatory or off topic of the forum. Why were they deleted?

One I posted in the wedding forum about music played at royal weddings. I saw a thread about which royal people would marry and what the wedding would be like so why was the thread I started deleted? The other thread I posted was about why we like CP Mary. I saw a thread for why people dislike about Fred and Mary so why was my thread deleted?

Thank you for your reply.

Just for everyone who has concerns about their missing posts/threads; often threads which have already been started on the same topic are merged with another thread. They are not deleted. So, please check before you post to make sure there isn't another thread in circulation by using the search function. Unless you have started a defamatory thread, this is usually what has happened.

Secondly, missing posts; Now, people might have posted a whole lot of photos a while ago, and now the links are dead. Dead links cannot be retrieved and take up a whole lot of room in a thread. Big red crosses and so on. So when a moderator is cleaning up a thread to make it tidier, they might delete some of these posts. This is why some of you have been noticing your post counts going down. I assure you everyone is losing posts and you aren't the only one.

I hope everyone understands that we are just doing this to make the forum easier to navigate for everyone. No one wants to see three threads on the same thing, or ten pages worth of dead links. If you have a really serious problem with missing posts or threads, please contact one of the forum moderators or administrators.

Thank you,

Danielle
Royal Forums Moderator

Back
Top Bottom