Thank you to the Admins and Moderators

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maryshawn

Serene Highness
City
Green Bay
Country
United States
I think this is the time to make a few key points about The Royal Forum moderators and administrators.

• These are people who give unstintingly of their own time to do their best to ensure all members and topics are treated respectfully. When I first joined--and to this day--I have questions, and some answers may seem obvious--but these issues have always been treated with the utmost respect and answered in a manner that is both informative and dignified. I have never been made to feel silly or ignorant for posing my questions--and I am very grateful for that.
  • When I read the posts interjected by moderators, they have been unfailingly polite and, by in large, simply request a modicum of dignity be restored to the discussion at hand. They have shown a great deal of patience with many members.
  • The policies here are not restrictive; they are based on simple principles of civility toward fellow members and the royal or topic being discussed. There are threads I--and others--stopped visiting for, while we were interested in the them, the comments were becoming so vile and abusive, it made sorting through all the posts to get to the informative, interesting ones a real trial. Who really wants that? I know I don't.
I don't write this post as a prompter for discussion or debate. I think the administrators and moderators don't often receive their proper due and thanks for all the hard work they engage in to make visiting any thread on The Royal Forums a pleasant, thought-provoking, informative and fun experience.

I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation for their work and hope more of us will take the time to pause for a moment to think about it.......then send a PM or post of thanks to this wonderful group of people who are doing their very best for all of us. They do have an agenda: To make TRF a place where anyone with useful and interesting information and thoughts can participate in a fun, even a bit feisty discussion--without being attacked or subjected to salacious gossip and cruel remarks regarding the subject at hand. If that isn't the hallmark of a fine, upstanding, responsible and great group, I don't know what is. I am most grateful to be a member of TRF and that gratitude stems, in large part, from the contributions and direction provided by the administrators and moderators--as well as the vast majority of members who have similarly been most kind and thoughtful in their responses to my questions or posts. I know they join me in conveying my thanks to the leaders of this excellent Forum.

Mary Shawn

Agree 100 percent. :)

I agree entirely and thank you Mary for posting that message.

The administrators and moderators work tirelessly to make this a wonderful forum. As Mary said, the rules are there not to be restrictive, but to instil a little common courtesy and respect by members. If it wasn't for all of them, there would be no TRF. Thank you to all of you. :)

maryshawn said:
I think this is the time to make a few key points about The Royal Forum moderators and administrators.
  • These are people who give unstintingly of their own time to do their best to ensure all members and topics are treated respectfully. When I first joined--and to this day--I have questions, and some answers may seem obvious--but these issues have always been treated with the utmost respect and answered in a manner that is both informative and dignified. I have never been made to feel silly or ignorant for posing my questions--and I am very grateful for that.
  • When I read the posts interjected by moderators, they have been unfailingly polite and, by in large, simply request a modicum of dignity be restored to the discussion at hand. They have shown a great deal of patience with many members.
  • The policies here are not restrictive; they are based on simple principles of civility toward fellow members and the royal or topic being discussed. There are threads I--and others--stopped visiting for, while we were interested in the them, the comments were becoming so vile and abusive, it made sorting through all the posts to get to the informative, interesting ones a real trial. Who really wants that? I know I don't.
I don't write this post as a prompter for discussion or debate. I think the administrators and moderators don't often receive their proper due and thanks for all the hard work they engage in to make visiting any thread on The Royal Forums a pleasant, thought-provoking, informative and fun experience.

I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation for their work and hope more of us will take the time to pause for a moment to think about it.......then send a PM or post of thanks to this wonderful group of people who are doing their very best for all of us. They do have an agenda: To make TRF a place where anyone with useful and interesting information and thoughts can participate in a fun, even a bit feisty discussion--without being attacked or subjected to salacious gossip and cruel remarks regarding the subject at hand. If that isn't the hallmark of a fine, upstanding, responsible and great group, I don't know what is. I am most grateful to be a member of TRF and that gratitude stems, in large part, from the contributions and direction provided by the administrators and moderators--as well as the vast majority of members who have similarly been most kind and thoughtful in their responses to my questions or posts. I know they join me in conveying my thanks to the leaders of this excellent Forum.

Mary Shawn

Well, I never thought of expressing my appreciation for The Royal Forum moderators and administrators either, not that I didn’t had that in mind. I had been absent for the past days, lots of things happened, I was thankfully informed about it by Mary Shawn. I honestly hope that am not considered one of the black sheeps, if I sounded through the posts that am ignoring the policies or acting in an opposite way different than the way moderators and administrators wish we act to, then am terribly sorry, one must apology for the wrong he did towards others. I could say some can get the worst of me-which is true-but this is not a proper excuse to break the rules and regulations. I tried to stay on the track but sometimes I lose the destination.
So, hope this post shows the admiration and respect that I carry whether for the forum, the moderators/administrators and the members who respond respectfully to my or otherss' posts.

maryshawn said:

Mary Shawn
Yes, the administrators and moderators make wonderful work and it is certainly hard to guide such a large forum with all these threads. Thank you very much all of you who take part by creating and developping the best Royal forum in the world!!!:) :) :)

I have read yesterday what happened to this Middle Eastern forum and I think we need not such forum users who make bad comments, don't respect any guidelines, attacks royals and other nice members only because they have the stupid wish and sadistic fun in destroying all discusions or ideas. It is a pity that those members are not banned from TheRoyalForums!:(

Please help all to develop a wonderful royal forum with classy and interesting discussions, wonderful photo series and many informations. This should be a place of exchange of royal knowledge! Show everybody the respect he deserves and don't make false or bad statements about royal members!;)

Hope that such incidents as the Middle Eastern experience will be an exception!

Last edited:
I agree. When I came across this site last month I was struck by how well monitered it was and how polite people were. It is really nice especially because in the past I have belonged to boards that aren't well monitered and people just snipe at each other. So thanks moderators:)

I was impressed by the self respect as well as respect between members in the forum when I found this site during a google search. Members are so polite and very helpful to other members on replying people's posts. I decided to join the site during my first visit. Some forums I belong to do not have as good as moderators and members like here, and they often attack each others. Well done to moderators and thanks :D

maryshawn said:

Mary Shawn

I agree as well.

I agree with all of you. In this Forum, I can write my opinion without reading offenses from other members. In some other boards, just like Scanorama and marezdote, people didn't respect eachother and didn't respect the purpose of the forum.
If this is Royalty forum why do people insist in talk about other things and offend the others??
I am with the Moderators and that's it. Hear most members have Education and Dignity, that's why I come hear so often.
Thank you

I agree with the previous posts. The Moderators really do seem to work hard for the benefit of all. They are always quick to respond and nearly always diplomatic in their attempts to keep the peace and focus of the environment on target. I've been watching this site for years and always have been sincerely impressed with the class exhibited by both the moderators and members.

That being said, I was greatly disappointed today when I discovered the way in which the Prince Albert Forum was moderated. It wasn't so much the decision, although that in itself was rather shocking, but moreover the way in which their decision was translated to the viewers. Frankly, I was insulted(I hope I'm permitted to give my opinion here at least). ...Perhaps, the title here should be The Royal Facts(Sans Any Opinions) & not The Royal Forums.

I agree! If you only knew how much work is involved "behind the scenes" to develop the monthly newsletter, revise community rules, etc... We are blessed to have such a wonderful and passionate team and it really shows!

Once again, great job!

I don't think readers could possibly understand all the work that is tirelessly done for everyone's behalf. This forum is a gift, and one I'm sure is not only highly regarded but also highly appreciated by many, many readers!

This is an excellent board with great administrators. We appreciate you admins! lol

Believe me, i have been on other boards and most of them are moderated by dictators! the people are rude and the admins no better. That is why i value THE ROYAL FORUMS alot, it is a equal and harmonius place.

ok i have sucked up enough!!!

now its been one year since i started to enter the royal forum i find it intresting and the people are gentle and kind and the moderators are very comprehensive .i wish you good luck to the following years.

To the Admins

Hey Admins

I and others on this board would like to say thank you for your hard work you do on this board. It never goes unoticed- This board is an excellent board and thank you for keeping it going. I know its a hard job

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the vote of cofidence!

(she says, after having been an admin for about two weeks!)

Australian said:
Hey Admins

I and others on this board would like to say thank you for your hard work you do on this board. It never goes unoticed- This board is an excellent board and thank you for keeping it going. I know its a hard job

Keep up the good work.

I second that! :D

Australian said:
Hey Admins

Keep up the good work.

I agree too!!! "Admins" do a great work!:)

I must thank you, as well. This is the best royal forum, and indeed forum that I'm on. It is very organised and very friendly. I must admit I wondered when Bear sold us, if the magic would leave too, but you TRF as only grown in strength. I recommend you to friends, included royal journalists so be on your best behaviour. Thank you, again.

Australian said:
Hey Admins

Keep up the good work.

I agree! I haven't been a member of the forum for too long, but it seems to run really smoothly, and is well organized. Great job!

Thank you

I would just like to say thank you to the administrators and the moderators of this board for always doing a great job. I say this because going to TRF during a 5 minute study break is always a pleasure, especially during this time of exams for many members here. So thanks for keeping it running with and making it a pleasureable palce to visit. :)

Australian said:
I would just like to say thank you to the administrators and the moderators of this board for always doing a great job. I say this because going to TRF during a 5 minute study break is always a pleasure, especially during this time of exams for many members here. So thanks for keeping it running with and making it a pleasureable palce to visit. :)

I share the very same sentiments about this board. It's absolutely wonderful. I must admit I have never enjoyed a board more then this one.
We all are from different countries, have different traditions, different views on Royals. Everyone has his/her ideas and we argue because of them, but due to the excellent job of the administrators and moderators, it’s always a constructive argument. The atmosphere here is always friendly and supportive. And that, of course, is partly thanks to the Administrators’ and Moderators’.

Hi, I need first to thank Mary Shawn for being so illustratively (?) in thanking the administration folks (present ones). I must say there is a decided recent change in the elegance of the minds, most of the time. Compared to months before, it was like a snakepit often. I often used to wonder, what is these people's claim to honorable human relations handling?Its' very different now. Most often, quite refreshing Forgive me sometimes, my slurpy emotionalism, and thank you.

I just realized that I have been a TRF member for a year now - and a BIG THANK YOU :D is in order to all the mods, the administrators and the rest of the members. TRF is wonderful - I don't want to join others for the simple fact that TRF has set such exceptional standards.

I haven't had the time to browse into every thread, but will do so bit by bit. I just opened the monthly newsletters thread the other day (new to me, shame) and got hooked reading.

Again, thanks to all!

Last edited:
I came upon this thread today, and, in this season of giving and of thanks, it feels only right to thank all of the moderators, super moderators, and administrators. I have never been on a forum that is so large, so international , so broad in the many topics, yet is so very welcoming, helpful, and interesting. And I do think that many of that comes from the top- all of you. You guys help keep us crazy members in line, further conversations, and are always available to help out. And you almost all seem to be just founts of information. Even when the couple of times I've had a post deleted, you all have been so kind. (a special shout out to azile, who went out of her way to be kind in this) And also when I was concerned that I had inadvertantly started an arguement in a thread, I felt like the mods who came to my rescue were acting like big sisters/brothers. (gee, I sound like such a troublemaker!)
And, as a side point, Alexandria, you will be missed, but congrats to Warren and Norwiegian for becoming admins.

Last edited:
let me add my sincere thanks to all the people who work hard to make this board exist and thrive.

Me too. I would like to thank all of the people who make TRF a great place to come to. I love getting on here a couple of times a day to see what new is happening. And when I can't for whatever reason, it makes me mad. lol
Thanks to everyone!!

I'm always impressed at how "on top" of all the topics the moderators are. It's a daunting job!

Diane

Back
Top Bottom