Thank you to the Admins and Moderators

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fun and Informative

I do waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much reading and not enough posting in here, but that is meant as a compliment to the staff and members. I'll be reading something, that takes me to another topic, then, "Oh, what about Princess Eugenie" or someone else, and on it goes.
I think it's really nice here. There is never a dull moment!
Thanks for making this a great forum.
Purrs,
Pook

It's been almost two years since this thread was posted on, but I have to say thanks to the Moderators and Administrators as well. You devote what must be alot of your time, to making this site friendly and interesting. I can't thank you enough :flowers:

I must also apologise for the situations where I have made your jobs harder, by getting into off topic conversations with people, making two posts when one would've been fine, and in one case, getting overly defensive at someone (an incident I am not proud of at all) I am truly sorry, and I promise that I will give you no more difficulty. You don't deserve it when it's hard enough work just checking all the threads on here :)

Thank you Admin and Mods, you're awesome!!! The new design and new features are great!

:fireworks:

Having once been a moderator (of a non-royal forum) I can tell you that there is always a great deal more going on than is readily apparent. There may be very good reasons why moderators might give you an incomplete, vague, or even no explanation of why they did what they did.

Usually, there are checks and balances within a board, such as administrators reviewing decisions moderators make, that ensure that no moderator can make heavy-handed or biased decisions. Those checks and balances appear to be in place here.

Moderators are usually only appointed when there is a vacancy and if they have demonstrated (almost always through posts they make as a member) that they can express their opinions in a thoughtful and fair manner, especially when responding to someone who has an opposing viewpoint to theirs.

Most importantly, moderators give freely of their time and effort - in a volunteer capacity - to make The Royal Forums a place where people want to read and post.

It probably sounds like I support all moderator decisions to move or delete posts as they see fit, without necessarily providing explanations to any or even all of the members. And that's because I do. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Thank you CanRoyal, your previous moderating experience mirrors exactly what happens here. :flowers:

Last edited:
I just want to thank the mods of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thread. The past few weeks have been rough...

I just want to thank the mods of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thread. The past few weeks have been rough...

I would like to echo casualfan's sentiments. I have followed a particular thread and have been very frustrated. Thank you Zonk and the other admins for stepping in.

Whilst I was involved in some of the questioning of a certain poster, I agree that the mods have done a good job twice now in that thread. However it looks like it's going down the same route.

Thanks you Warren and all the mods for keeping this site a pleasure to visit for everyone.

It's certainly not easy to moderate the line between freedom of speech and good manners.
Joining the previous comments: British mods - Warren, Zonk and wbenson - are doing a great job! And the same goes for all the mods I've encountered here. :)

Last edited:
I think what we have here are the gold medalists of the Message Board Olympics. :D

I'd too would like to thank the mods for stepping in. I really appreciate all the efforts they have made in that thread (as well as in Kate's fashion thread).

I enjoy writing for this blog and enjoy reading the comments, even if I don't always agree with the person writing them. This is one of the few blogs that people are polite and are civil towards each other. Part of it has to do with the fact that the rules are more enforced than they are on other blogs. I can't tell you how many times I've read people's hateful comments. Many people including myself have cussed out, verbally harrasseed or threatened because of what they wrote and they are still on the blog. Their comments are erased but then they make the same comments again but in a different way. Some make comments that they know will upset others. They bait them so to speak. The cycle then repeats itself over and over again. This blog doesn't tolerate this which is good.

In this blog, politics is not dragged into everything like it on some of the news or entertainment comment board. One local newspaper were I live got rid of the comment board and replaced it with a requirement that you have to sign you're name to what you wrote.

I just curious about something. Does a moderator monitor everything that's written or do they monitor things at random? When something gets a little heated, they seem to intervene very quickly or know about it right away.

I just curious about something. Does a moderator monitor everything that's written or do they monitor things at random? When something gets a little heated, they seem to intervene very quickly or know about it right away.
The TRF Moderating Team is very stable and has a great deal of individual and collective experience in doing what we do. Being located in ten countries across five continents ensures most major time zones are covered. Each Mod has their assigned areas but also has the access and authority to free range across the Forums as required (hence the 'Super Moderator' title).

As well as keeping our eyes open and being aware of current and potential hot spots (and of those members likely to be drawn to them), the 'Report Post' button can be used by members to alert the Mods that a situation is developing or there is a thread that we need to take a look at.

The Mods do an amazing job with little glory. Here. here for the mods!

I agree. I have not been here long, either, but I find so much of interest here, so much that is historically interesting, so much that excites one's artistic fancies, and it's well-moderated!

Back
Top Bottom